Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 193 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by sabad66
    does anyone have the piano black in hand? how bad of a fingerprint magnet is it? debating if I should wait or just go with matte black to get one sooner...
    I saw it at Apple store. It's ridiculous how bad it is. You would 100% either need a case or ghost armour that bitch like crazy otherwise you'd be always be wiping it off. I know I would be with my ocd lol.

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

Originally posted by shakalaka
    I am in Edmonton and sick of waiting for Fido. So just reserved it at Apple store at West Ed. Even decided to screw the Jet Black and just go regular Black but then even that isn't showing as available now. As soon as it was 8 I went online and found the matte black version I liked but it was gone by the time I signed in to reserve. Just reserved the silver one for now for this afternoon while I contemplate if I want to wait more or just go with that.

EDIT: Does anyone know if I can upgrade it under my carrier, use my Fido $ etc when I get to Apple or do I have to purchase it outright?
    From my understanding - when you reserve / purchase on the Apple website for pickup in the store, you get to the store and they are supposed to credit you what ever carrier you have to their price.

Ex. Phone was $1179 through Apple and $600 through Fido. They will just credit you and sign you up for a 2 year plan in the Apple store.
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Chinook has phones today? Says 2-3 weeks on the website

My Ride
    95B

Originally posted by theken
    Chinook has phones today? Says 2-3 weeks on the website
    Both Chinook and MM has phones today. 7 Plus is available as of this morning but no Black or Jet Black.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by KPHMPH

From my understanding - when you reserve / purchase on the Apple website for pickup in the store, you get to the store and they are supposed to credit you what ever carrier you have to their price.

Ex. Phone was $1179 through Apple and $600 through Fido. They will just credit you and sign you up for a 2 year plan in the Apple store.
    So how does it work for someone who's just upgrading and not signing up to a new contract? I already have a contract and just wanted to upgrade my phone (pay the early upgrade fee etc) but not make any changes to my current plan. Preferably use Fido $.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 09-23-2016 at 10:48 AM.

So how does it work for someone who's just upgrading and not signing up to a new contract? I already have a contract and just wanted to upgrade my phone (pay the early upgrade fee etc) but not make any changes to my current plan. Preferably use Fido $.
    When you upgrade with Fido, if you just agree to extend your current contract/plan for 2 years, you get the hardware discount. That's how it has always been for me.

Use up those Fido dollars - I think they expire Dec 31 and they have made them so limited now that you can pretty much only use them on new phones. I've been a Fido customer for a decade but they are starting to piss me off.

My Ride
    95B

iOS 10.0.2 is released to the public.

Originally posted by ganesh
    iOS 10.0.2 is released to the public.
    anything significant or is it just a security update to patch up the jailbreak vulnerability?

Originally posted by sabad66

anything significant or is it just a security update to patch up the jailbreak vulnerability?
    Address an issue that could prevent headphone audio controls from temporarily not working

Resolves an issue that caused Photos to quit for some users when
    turning on iCloud Photo Library

Fixes an issue that prevented enabling some app extensions

Use this site to track live stock at Apple Stores

http://www.istocknow.com/live/

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

Was able to reserve a black 128GB iPhone 7 Plus this morning at 8am, and was sent a confirmation. Then a few minutes ago, I was sent an email from Apple Market Mall saying there was an error and its not available.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Use up those Fido dollars - I think they expire Dec 31 and they have made them so limited now that you can pretty much only use them on new phones. I've been a Fido customer for a decade but they are starting to piss me off.
    Depending on your plan, they expire in July of 2018.

Originally posted by benyl

Depending on your plan, they expire in July of 2018.
    I'm really getting screwed then Damn. Mine Expired in July, and then they sent me a note saying they actually expire Dec 31.

My Ride
    This and that.

So for anyone wondering; you can upgrade at the Apple Store via your carrier, use Fido $ etc BUT they have no control if the system shows that your plan must be changed. That's what happened to me. She said I'd have data option go to 3GB from 10GB for the same amount I am paying right now if I were to upgrade. Such fucking nonsense.

I just got it outright. I do have 14 days if I want to switch colours and if the one I want more becomes available.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Finally! iOS 10 lets you use the damn camera without killing audio. That use to bug the shit out of me

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

So for anyone wondering; you can upgrade at the Apple Store via your carrier, use Fido $ etc BUT they have no control if the system shows that your plan must be changed. That's what happened to me. She said I'd have data option go to 3GB from 10GB for the same amount I am paying right now if I were to upgrade. Such fucking nonsense.

I just got it outright. I do have 14 days if I want to switch colours and if the one I want more becomes available.
    That's cause she was using the custom apple carrier app and not the fido interface.

My Ride
    This and that.

Are they not supposed to use that then? Or are they allowed to use Fido's interface? I did see her log into the Fido account though and she asked for my Fido PIN and everything so not sure.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by benyl

That's cause she was using the custom apple carrier app and not the fido interface.
    So I returned my silver as I really want the Black one and luckily reserved that for pick up later today.

This time though I want to upgrade and not buy outright but I am worried some dumb chick will tell me I gotta change my plan and stuff. I would like to keep everything about my plan exactly the same and simply upgrade to the new phone and renew the contract, pay the early upgrade fee or whatever.

Is there something I should say specifically to make that happen or should most people know and I just ended up with a dumb one last time?

The black one is awesome.

Picked one up at Chinook the other day. Is anyone else on here using the leather case from Apple? It smells weird lol

My Ride
    NC1

Is there any benefit to upgrading through the carrier? I did some marth last month and they are out to get you. Either by charging you more for a new plan / new phone or make you give up your old sweet plan for a shitty new one etc.

Aren't you simply better off doing the Apple 3 months finance free or just buying it straight out?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 17 of 193 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast