Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 32 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 32 of 193 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

An added bonus is I can go to the manufacturer and get it fixed if it is a problem. Where are the Samsung stores? Google Stores? That's worth the extra price of admission for me.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An added bonus is I can go to the manufacturer and get it fixed if it is a problem. Where are the Samsung stores? Google Stores? That's worth the extra price of admission for me.
    With google you just fire up the chat on your phone (24/7) or call them and they send you a brand new phone in 1-2 days no questions asked. When you get the new one you use their prepaid label and toss the old one in the mail.

With Samsung people are either buying Samsung Care or whatever their carrier's equivalent offering to Apple Care is so they get replacements that way.

Really these days it's a non-issue no matter who you're with.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    With google you just fire up the chat on your phone (24/7) or call them and they send you a brand new phone in 1-2 days no questions asked.
    1-2 days vs 1-2 hours? Can you live with a non functioning phone for 1-2 days?

I can't. I used 2941 minutes last month on conference calls. No phone, no job, no money.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    The bottom line is that most people don't care about the software or hardware specs and just want a phone that does texting, internet, facebook, takes pictures, etc. The Apple OS is simple and works very well at the tasks most phone users care about and the build quality of the phones are far superior than the competition for the most part.
    Build quality is always top notch. If I didn't really dislike iOS I would have an iPhone in a second with my ipad and mbp. My S6 and S7 have been OK but not the same. I believe the S8 is a closer match than those two th ough.

I can't. I used 2941 minutes last month on conference calls. No phone, no job, no money.
    Anyone who depends that much on their phone would have a backup, so it wouldn't matter if it was an hour or a day, they would not be without access. I have more than one phone, so it makes little difference to me as long as turnaround time was still reasonable.

If Apple elects to repair instead of replace, I believe you are left in the same scenario. Or if you need a replacement when the stores are closed you are waiting at least a day regardless. If you depend on your phone for your job and income, it would be unwise not to have a backup, so it probably wouldn't make much of a difference either way. Carriers usually offer loaners as well if needed.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, Apple Care is good and I bought it for my iPad because I take it to the gym with me. I just don't think the wait time is that big of a deal because if it was, you'd have a backup plan in place regardless of your phone choice.

Google sends you another phone first and you ship your old phone back in the same box.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Google sends you another phone first and you ship your old phone back in the same box.
    But if your current phone is dead...you're out 1-2 days

Anyways...

Part of me just wants to get a regular 8 cause it's cheaper but I really want to get the X. That's a lot of coin and my 7+ is just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    But if your current phone is dead...you're out 1-2 days
    It's the same scenario with any phone if the store you need isn't open - you're still waiting at least a day. Like I said, anyone who really cares about differences in turnaround time within a matter of hours has a backup anyway. Most of the phone companies offer a reasonable solution for the vast majority of users, those who require more would keep a backup regardless.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    The bottom line is that most people don't care about the software or hardware specs and just want a phone that does texting, internet, facebook, takes pictures, etc. The Apple OS is simple and works very well at the tasks most phone users care about and the build quality of the phones are far superior than the competition for the most part.
    Or there is always a crowd where they want Apple product not on what it does but for the brand.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's the same scenario with any phone if the store you need isn't open - you're still waiting at least a day. Like I said, anyone who really cares about differences in turnaround time within a matter of hours has a backup anyway. Most of the phone companies offer a reasonable solution for the vast majority of users, those who require more would keep a backup regardless.
    There's an advantage for frequent travelers. I've done warranty and Applecare replacements by just visiting the nearest Apple store wherever I am in the world. Mailing to a hotel would be a hassle, and risk disrupting plans if it doesn't show up on time. I don't have a backup phone or tablet, but also never thought about actually needing one.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

What's everyone buying? I'm torn on the waiting period for the X and the faceID isn't my cup of tea either so I'm likely getting an 8+

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    There's an advantage for frequent travelers. I've done warranty and Applecare replacements by just visiting the nearest Apple store wherever I am in the world. Mailing to a hotel would be a hassle, and risk disrupting plans if it doesn't show up on time. I don't have a backup phone or tablet, but also never thought about actually needing one.
    Fair point, that could be an advantage. Personally I always travel with a backup phone since it would be harder to deal with warranty of any kind while on vacation (not to mention a waste of valuable time). Or the more likely scenario, if I accidentally destroy it, I want to be able to continue enjoying my vacation instead of stressing about a replacement - especially if I need to stay connected to work.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Fair point, that could be an advantage. Personally I always travel with a backup phone since it would be harder to deal with warranty of any kind while on vacation (not to mention a waste of valuable time). Or the more likely scenario, if I accidentally destroy it, I want to be able to continue enjoying my vacation instead of stressing about a replacement - especially if I need to stay connected to work.
    Yea, it's pretty painless. Send the family to the food court, go in without an appt, and 30 mins later you're walking out with a replacement. It's like gassing up a Tesla haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Not really. Apple is open 364 days a year. I can be in there at 9:30 on a weekday and have a functioning phone before lunch. Google, I would have to wait at least another day, likely end of day because UPS only comes to my neighborhood after 5pm (consistently). Why do I need a back up when I have same day service?

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Yea, it's pretty painless. Send the family to the food court, go in without an appt, and 30 mins later you're walking out with a replacement. It's like gassing up a Tesla haha.
    yup.

Damn, don't think I can afford to travel with $3K worth of cell phones, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Or there is always a crowd where they want Apple product not on what it does but for the brand.
    people joke about this all the time but i don't think it's actually a real thing.

if you like android you have an android. if you like apple you have an iphone. no die hard android fan would go out and buy an iphone just cuz they want to show off that they have an iphone.

My Ride
    Grimace

Not really. Apple is open 364 days a year. I can be in there at 9:30 on a weekday and have a functioning phone before lunch. Google, I would have to wait at least another day, likely end of day because UPS only comes to my neighborhood after 5pm (consistently). Why do I need a back up when I have same day service?
    My only experience with samsung mobile support was my gearfit 2 and that was the biggest warranty issue I have ever had and in the end just bought another one instead. I would hope that their actual phone support would be better.

From Craig himself, “The bio-lockout that I experienced on stage would require several interacts by other people with your phone (where they woke up the phone). For those of us who have been living on the iPhone X over the last months this has never been a real problem (hence my shock when it happened to me on stage! :-)”

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Theres always the opposite crowd that will never try anything Apple branded because "I hate Apple". I have several coworkers that way, and are very passionate about hating Apple with no real reasoning behind it. Then again, I work at an IT company.
    Last edited by CivicDXR; 09-14-2017 at 01:41 PM.

For the people who desperately need to be connected while traveling/on vacation - #1 you're on vacation, #2 go old school with e-mails and telephones to fill the gap til you get back. If your work needs you that badly you are probably valuable enough for your company to buy you a phone where ever you are in the world. Ease of a replacement phone should be way down the list of reasons to pick one phone over another.

Page 32 of 193 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast