Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 193 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Originally posted by ddmmak
    [B][
    So are you saying stick with the 6s plus?

QUOTE]Originally posted by rage2
    The 7 doesn't feel much different from a 6S haha. Gonna test the camera in a bit to see improvements.
    Yup! Not to shit on anyone who got the 7 but if you're coming from the 6s, there wouldn't be a significant difference other than having yourself a water resistant 6s.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Kaos
    Yup! Not to shit on anyone who got the 7 but if you're coming from the 6s, there wouldn't be a significant difference other than having yourself a water resistant 6s.
    Yea, 6S to 7 has pretty minor improvements. The biggest one is the camera. From 6S to 7, OIS is a huge difference for videos (which was already available on the 6S+). From 6S+ to 7+ the zoom lens is the huge change. The wide color screen is nice (but not a game changer), by far the most accurate color display on an iPhone. Pretty much dead on to my calibrated screens. All the other stuff, waterproofing, battery life is really minor.

If I didn't have to add a phone to the family, I wouldn't have gotten the 7. Just made sense to hand me down my 6S and grab a 7 at $150 difference.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Smartphone tech has gotten to a point where I don't think I'll put down a grand for minor improvements year after year. It's not an exciting purchase anymore. Cameras from 2 or 3 generations ago are good enough for me, I don't need a faster processor, and most of my stuff gets stored on cloud or streaming.

Would have to be a game changer to purchase another flagship phone.

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Smartphone tech has gotten to a point where I don't think I'll put down a grand for minor improvements year after year. It's not an exciting purchase anymore. Cameras from 2 or 3 generations ago are good enough for me, I don't need a faster processor, and most of my stuff gets stored on cloud or streaming.

Do you not sell the previous phone when you upgrade? It shouldn't be anywhere near a grand to upgrade every year, especially when the iPhone holds it's value pretty well.

Agreed on your other point though, most phones in general are very boring these days.

My Ride
    is broken

+1 same boat. Still rocking a 5 which is in great condition. Seems to be faster with ios10 so no complaints.

All I want is longer battery life. A 3Ah battery without the stupid Mophie case would be nice.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Do you not sell the previous phone when you upgrade? It shouldn't be anywhere near a grand to upgrade every year, especially when the iPhone holds it's value pretty well.
    I see it as carrying a thousand dollars in my pocket. I'd rather carry an old $200 phone which does everything I need and spend the rest on other tech that interests me more.

My Ride
    NC1

good to know. gonna stick with my 6S+ until next year. hesitant to get a new phone when this one still works so well. i agree i think the 5s was the most amazing phone ever haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    This and that.

Honestly the longer this is taking the lesser I want it.

But I have a 6S and I was contemplating getting a 6S+ before this dropped anyway. Thought might as well upgrade and get the plus version.

Now that it's taking so damn long I feel like finding someone who has a 6S+ and wants a 6S with some cash on top.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Apple needs to get that leasing program in Canada. Lots of people hate selling shit, dealing with lowballers and crap. New phone every year hassle free is what people want, even if it's a small premium compared to buying and selling.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Apple needs to get that leasing program in Canada. Lots of people hate selling shit, dealing with lowballers and crap. New phone every year hassle free is what people want, even if it's a small premium compared to buying and selling.
    I would very likely lease a phone, since I buy/sell outright every year. That would be a great option.

My Ride
    This and that.

If they have short 3-4 month leases, add me in too. lol

What happens if you break or damage a leased phone?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What happens if you break or damage a leased phone?
    Comes with Apple Care so pay your deductible and get a new one

Apple hardware coverage AppleCare+ provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labour, from Apple-authorised technicians. Service coverage includes the following:
    Your iPhone Battery(1)
    Included earphones and accessories
    Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage,(2) each subject to a service fee of $39 for screen damage, or $129 for any other damage, plus applicable tax
    Last edited by killramos; 09-21-2016 at 01:47 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Lots of people including me! Just waiting for this to happen.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

iOS 10.1 beta 1 is out. Bokeh mode enabled for the 7+. All I have to say is WOW.

Samples here:

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/21/ha...portrait-mode/

Some notable shots. Differing blur based on distance. Tree + background. Edges vs background blur looks 90% natural:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Lens flare and proper DOF blur:
    click for larger version

Distance + blur transition:
    click for larger version

Impressed with what it can do so far. Now give me some Video blur and take my money!

My Ride
    Grimace

^^^That is pretty cool.

That looks pretty synthetic to my eye. It also failed completely to find the edge on the woman holding the baby, and removed all edge detail & backlighting from the hand/strawberry making it look like the background was cloned in. I am not a fan of these synthetic bokeh processes, Huawei's isn't great either. At the end of the day it's difficult to hide the drawbacks of an extremely tiny imaging sensor. It looks like someone went to town with a blur brush in Photoshop and either didn't get close enough to the edges, or went too far.

Looking to switch from iphone 7 to the 7plus.

Can anyone confirm whether Apple's reservation website refreshes stock at midnight or 8am (as per website)?

Thanks!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That looks pretty synthetic to my eye. It also failed completely to find the edge on the woman holding the baby, and removed all edge detail & backlighting from the hand/strawberry making it look like the background was cloned in. I am not a fan of these synthetic bokeh processes, Huawei's isn't great either. At the end of the day it's difficult to hide the drawbacks of an extremely tiny imaging sensor. It looks like someone went to town with a blur brush in Photoshop and either didn't get close enough to the edges, or went too far.
    Well yea that's because it IS synthetic haha. I doubt software will be perfect enough ever to make it look as perfect as natural lens bokeh. It's still pretty damn good compared to Huawei. Hoping it'll improve over time, but for a first crack, it's pretty solid.

Pretty big fail under the baby's arm haha... not nearly as big as the Huawei fail though.
    ---

Page 15 of 193 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast