Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 123 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 123 of 192 FirstFirst ... 113 122 123 124 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Grimace

I am still hoping they announce phones tomorrow so I can get a new one. Don't care anymore if it has usb-c or not but if the pro isn't 120hz I will probably just get the 12.
    Sounds like the watches will be same old and redesign will come in 2021. Non pro watch no ecg or always on display.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What does an Apple Watch redesign mean anyway. They haven’t exactly gotten any better in 5 generations I don’t see what is going to change about the 6th.

I’m guessing the new iPhones with be new cool looking, powerful, but features remain the same aside from LIDAR gimmick that does literally nothing. Only way you will notice 5G is by the logo in the corner and your 4 hour battery life phone.

I don’t even know what a killer feature could possibly be for these phones, which really sucks because I have been saying I want to upgrade this year for 3 years But I don’t see a compelling reason to drop 1500 dollars on a cell phone right now.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Grimace

Who knows, probably in screen fingerprint at least. I will be stuck getting whatever comes out now as I like having a smartwatch. I use virgin mobile and for some reason they will sell you a 5g phone but don't currently support 5g so that won't be of much use to me, nor do I have the data limit to care about faster speeds.
    Without the 120hz screen, then it is just squared off shape and lidar along with new faster/better processor. Hoping 128gb is standard on both but maybe pro only.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    What does an Apple Watch redesign mean anyway. They haven’t exactly gotten any better in 5 generations I don’t see what is going to change about the 6th.

I’m guessing the new iPhones with be new cool looking, powerful, but features remain the same aside from LIDAR gimmick that does literally nothing. Only way you will notice 5G is by the logo in the corner and your 4 hour battery life phone.

I don’t even know what a killer feature could possibly be for these phones, which really sucks because I have been saying I want to upgrade this year for 3 years But I don’t see a compelling reason to drop 1500 dollars on a cell phone right now.
    new OS, improved sleep tracking and activity tracking Im guessing, I also heard they were bringing in a exercise platform like what peloton does but who knows.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Since we’ve had no vacations, I don’t need any more fancy cameras on my phone. Unless there’s some Touch ID or better Face ID when wearing masks, I’m skipping another generation of phone. XS for another year.
    2.5 years with my iPhone X now and unless it dies on me I don’t plan to get a new phone until I travel again.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Axis powers

I'm still running an iPhone 8
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    This and that.

I am kinda looking forward to this. Been with the XS Max since it first come out which feels forever. Depending on what this one looks like and the features it packs, I will pick it up. Since I also have the Fold incoming, ultimately I will likely decide on one of the two as a keeper.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
    The 120Hz LTPO display uses less battery life. Even if the user isn't gaming with it, it would be beneficial to have better battery life. I don't know about you, but that's a big plus for me.
    Overall, isn't high refresh display make battery life worse? Otherwise, why would Android always use adaptive or slow it down to reduce battery draw.

On the S20, 60hz vs 120hz cost is about 10% of battery life. I won't give that up for smoother scrolling, especially when travelling.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Basically 120Hz WITHOUT LTPO means terrible battery life. And it’s pretty well known LTPO isn’t happening for these phones. So yea 120Hz would not really be beneficial for these phones.

I’ll watch the event today, not expecting to see anything I want to buy (even if iPhones are part of the program).

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

LTPO is just refresh rate isn't it? That's the tech that they put on the latest Apple Watch to drop frame rates as low as 1fps to conserve battery?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think it is generally a new manufacturing process that lowers OLED power requirements substantially essentially enabling 120Hz mobile devices. If I understand correctly.

Without it you can make 120Hz phones, they would just die in a few hours.

I think it’s quite hard (expensive) to scale hence being on the watch but not phone.

fact.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Will there be a new Apple TV announced today? I need to pick up another one but I've been waiting to see if a new one is to be announced.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Will there be a new Apple TV announced today? I need to pick up another one but I've been waiting to see if a new one is to be announced.
    This I could actually get behind. I could use a few actually.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Don't think there's a new Apple TV coming out. 4K already has everything and nothing in HDMI 2.1 really aligns with Apple TV's focus.

I upgraded all my Apple TV's to 4K this year.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I wonder if the large majority of people even care about these health stats that the Apple Watch can track. I highly doubt it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Make a watch that goes a week without charging and maybe features like sleep tracking will become relevant.

fact.

My Ride
    This and that.

I don't know why a company as large as Apple won't fucking innovate and make some more significant changes as far as design is concerned. I guess they know the followers are going to keep buying no matter what so why spend the money on R&D if they don't need to. 6th fucking generation and it still looking the same as fucking day one.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Watch SE is tempting, never had an apple watch but always wanted one. That pricepoint is pretty good

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I wonder if the large majority of people even care about these health stats that the Apple Watch can track. I highly doubt it.
    SE Asian countries are relying on blood O2 levels for early onset of COVID detection successfully. I wouldn't be surprised if this will be a marketing push by Apple.

Someone on my team in India detected low O2 levels with no other symptoms. Tested positive, so in some cases, it works.

My Ride
    Grimace

30 mins already on apple watch, guess iphone will be a separate event.
    Last edited by schocker; 09-15-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Page 123 of 192 FirstFirst ... 113 122 123 124 133 ... LastLast