Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 192 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

Adapters are always less than ideal. People don't want to have to use completely unnecessary accessories with their phones just so they can listen to tunes at the gym or on the train with the expensive headphones they already own. It's just another thing to lose, break, and keep track of as well.

It's not the same as the move to USB-C because USB-C phones all have headphone jacks still, and many of them have wireless charging as a second option, as well as quick charging.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

The shitty lightning cables look different too.

i.e

I looked at my crappy one at home and it looked a lot like the one on the right.

I think I still paid like $15 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Anyone remember the worldwide outrage and decline in sales from when they removed firewire from computers and offered an adapter?

Ethernet from laptops?

CD Drives?

Me neither.

Personally I'm pretty pissed off my iPhone doesn't come with a compactflash card slot.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by rage2

99.9% sure if they are going to remove the audio jack, it's going to come with a lightning to audio jack cable, or available to purchase. Apple isn't retarded, since there are so little lightning headphones on the market today. The removal of the audio jack is so blown out of proportion and will be a non issue by Wednesday.
    Yah I'm not blowing my brains out like so many of the comments/reviews out there. Just one of those less than happy situations as I find the lightning adapters crack/bend have issues and it just seems like it'll create more stress on the area depending on the size of the adaptor. Although I'm sure we aren't too far away from the market being ruled by wireless headphones anyways. I knew it wasn't too far away that I would buy some over ear wireless, but the bud technology I don't think is quite up to par yet, but I could be mistaken. My coppers sound pretty good and would be tough to replace.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Adapters are always less than ideal. People don't want to have to use completely unnecessary accessories with their phones just so they can listen to tunes at the gym or on the train with the expensive headphones they already own. It's just another thing to lose, break, and keep track of as well.
    Agreed, but it's all in the interests of moving forward. Transitions will always suck ass. I remember all the adapters I had going from 30-pin to lightning, 2 years later adapter free. That audio jack is holding back progress in terms of thinner phones and larger battery capacities.

For me, my travel noise cancelling earbuds are on its last legs, so I'm looking forward to buying a new set anyways. That and I'm glad I never have to hunt for a AAA battery at the airport because I left them on in my suitcase on the last trip.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Just leave the adapter plugged in to your headphones?? NBD

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It would be hilarious if they didn't even remove the 3.5mm jack.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by eglove
    Just leave the adapter plugged in to your headphones?? NBD

Even go as far as:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    +
    click for larger version
    +
    click for larger version

=

Problem solved

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Originally posted by killramos

Problem solved
    Until you want to use those headphones on any other device...

you shut that dirty mouth of yours! There is no other device other than Apple

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

beyond ballers don't have multiple pairs of headphones???? much dissapoint

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by eglove
    beyond ballers don't have multiple pairs of headphones???? much dissapoint
    You mean Apple ballers? We all know only rich people use iPhones haha.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You mean Apple ballers? We all know only rich people use iPhones haha.
    But remember that people definitely don't buy Androids because they are cheaper. They are just all enlightened beings who see through the lies and propaganda of apple!

fact.

[B]Waterproof is useful for me because I spend the summers at the lake and shoot a lot of video in the water. Right now I ziplock my phone to prevent water exposure which is retarded.
    You know how i know you're asian

Get one of these, ive been using these for the last couple years now and its awesome. I dont use a case on my phone day to day so this makes it really easy and convenient to just drop in when i need the water proofing. I replaced the small tether with a lanyard so i can wear it around my neck when in the pool and take pics or vids of my kids as needed. Only crappy thing is when its submerged the touch screen doesnt work. Ive taken this snorkeling and i just turn the video camera on before i go down and the videos are very clear. It looks sketchy as hell when you get it so test it before you use. I put toilet paper inside and submerged it for a day with no leaks at all https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wat.../dp/B00LBK7QBY

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

So I'm coming up on a year of being an apple user... Still hate it. But still the best option out there. Blackberry fucked up when they outsourced their hardware manufacturing, the physical devices just don't have that same build quality as they use to. Also going to an android backend, then only giving access to the shittiest android store (Amazon) just killed it for me.

I do still miss the blackberry parts of the whole thing. I really wish Apple had a hub for notifications like berry did. Android still just confuses the hell out of me. It's also too open source for my liking. It's as if all the parts just don't play right with each other because of it

I am getting use to a touch keyboard, but my speed and accuracy have for sure fallen. I'm not blaming everything on autocorrect (more so just fat thumbs) but yeah, autocorrect still plays a part. I've tried removing the bar with suggested words but it actually makes it worse since I rely on it pretty heavily to speed up typing. I use my phone probably 80% of the time now so when I hop on a PC I find myself after typing a couple letters looking for my word bar

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by killramos
    But remember that people definitely don't buy Androids because they are cheaper. They are just all enlightened beings who see through the lies and propaganda of apple!
    Interestingly enough, based on facebook mobile metrics, Trump supporters primarily use Android at 77%, while Hilary supporters are a whopping 87% iOS.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

To the topic of shitty lightning cables breaking. After having a few break (my car in particular just the way it sits in the center) I sprung for a braided cable and pretty sure it'll last forever. It's already lasted 2-3 times longer than any other lightning cable I've had.

https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-Braided-.../dp/B00UBLOJJG

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

btw for those with OEM cables that break, Apple store will exchange them for free. No serial # so they can't track when you bought 'em.

I had one that broke open when moving my seat and they just swapped it no questions asked.

If you have over the ear headphones you could get something like https://thebtunes.com/ which is a blutooth adapter. I will probably end up doing this. Obviously it won't work for earbuds.

btw for those with OEM cables that break, Apple store will exchange them for free. No serial # so they can't track when you bought 'em.

I had one that broke open when moving my seat and they just swapped it no questions asked.

So the expensive 6 footer or whatever I bought that looks like a rat chewed on it and is cracking up the adapter can get replaced for free... interesting

Page 2 of 192 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast