Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 165 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 165 of 193 FirstFirst ... 155 164 165 166 175 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’ve only ever used it to buy data plans on vacation.

Probably need to keep the employer account on the physical sim to simplify headaches. From there it would be on you to setup your esim with your personal provider.

Any particular reason you like maintaining 2 phone numbers? I’ve never really understood it personally.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My kid wants my airpods, whats everyones take on the airpod pros?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Airplay doesn't support Atmos at this time. Only way to hear it in a HT setup is Apple TV -> Atmos receiver. It doesn't even down mix to 5.1 or 7.1 for non Atmos receivers.
    Just wanted to correct this, there's a 5.1/7.1 down mix for spatial audio. The AppleTV I had in the bedroom for some reason defaulted to OFF. So Atmos or 5.1/7.1 receivers work, but way better in Atmos of course.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Does anyone here use the dual sim functionality on their iPhone? New company gave me an iPhone 11 but I really hate having two phones in my pocket so trying to figure out if I can pop the work SIM card into my personal 12 pro and have them both work at the same time. My personal sim is Rogers and pretty sure it’s using the eSIM built into the 12 pro, but work one is Telus so not sure if that makes a difference.
    I have eSIM for travel as well. You basically choose which connection you want data to go through. Get calls and messages all in one place from both numbers. It's pretty seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    They're great. Not the best sounding earbuds, but it's up there. Great balance of convenience, sound quality, noise cancelling, etc. Really top notch for calls.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V8s

I agree with rage for this. Probably not the best at any one thing (well, maybe calls), but the best at delivering everything. My bose quietcomfort buds sound better, have better ANC, and fit better, but goddamn are they huge and ugly in comparison.

If you get airpod pros, get applecare. I've had mine replaced once, and I'll be doing it again soon because they get crackly after a certain amount of time due to dust build up in the exterior mic (or some shit like that).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    If you get airpod pros, get applecare. I've had mine replaced once, and I'll be doing it again soon because they get crackly after a certain amount of time due to dust build up in the exterior mic (or some shit like that).
    Apple fixed the problem with better glue apparently. It wasn't dust buildup, it was the glue that they used for the mesh breaking down. I went through 3 sets (inside standard warranty) and the 3rd set completely fixed the problem. It's been a year without the noise cancelling static.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I’ve only ever used it to buy data plans on vacation.

Probably need to keep the employer account on the physical sim to simplify headaches. From there it would be on you to setup your esim with your personal provider.

Any particular reason you like maintaining 2 phone numbers? I’ve never really understood it personally.
    tbh I don’t want two numbers. Would’ve totally been fine with just using my personal line for work and paying for it myself (like my old company), but they ordered this new phone and number for me 10 days before I started so I didn’t have any say in the matter.

I don’t want to cancel my personal line either because I’ve had that number since I was 15 years old so just trying to figure out the best way to handle this.

My Ride
    rally pig

Just wanted to correct this, there's a 5.1/7.1 down mix for spatial audio. The AppleTV I had in the bedroom for some reason defaulted to OFF. So Atmos or 5.1/7.1 receivers work, but way better in Atmos of course.

I have eSIM for travel as well. You basically choose which connection you want data to go through. Get calls and messages all in one place from both numbers. It's pretty seamless.

They're great. Not the best sounding earbuds, but it's up there. Great balance of convenience, sound quality, noise cancelling, etc. Really top notch for calls.
    which carrier are you using for eSIM or do you get one locally in the country that you go to?

when I talked to our Bell rep last year, from what he recall he wasnt recommending putting your main line to an eSIM as in case you lose your phone you cant just rush and grab another SIM card. also they could setup only new lines to eSIM and not move current SIM lines. but things may have changed.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    which carrier are you using for eSIM or do you get one locally in the country that you go to?

when I talked to our Bell rep last year, from what he recall he wasnt recommending putting your main line to an eSIM as in case you lose your phone you cant just rush and grab another SIM card. also they could setup only new lines to eSIM and not move current SIM lines. but things may have changed.
    I get one wherever I go through airalo. Not sure how good they are now, since I haven’t used them since the pandemic.

I have bell on physical because it’s more convenient getting esims before my trip vs hunting sims down locally. Losing phone shouldn’t be a big deal, same amount of time to issue a new esim as getting a physical sim. It’s upgrading phones that’s easier because you don’t have to deal with a provider at all.

My Ride
    ute

Apple fixed the problem with better glue apparently. It wasn't dust buildup, it was the glue that they used for the mesh breaking down. I went through 3 sets (inside standard warranty) and the 3rd set completely fixed the problem. It's been a year without the noise cancelling static.
    Ringing endorsement

My Ride
    V8s

Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I agree with rage for this. Probably not the best at any one thing (well, maybe calls), but the best at delivering everything. My bose quietcomfort buds sound better, have better ANC, and fit better, but goddamn are they huge and ugly in comparison.

Thanks guys. I'll get the applecare for sure. Gonna pop by the +15 today to see if i can find a set on the ground and if not ill just go to apple
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    This and that.

I picked up the AirPods Max yesterday an though I've never been a big fan of over the ear headphones, I do like the fit and comfort of these ones. I have problem with both the AirPods and AirPods pro falling out of my ears when doing any physical activity so these should fix that issue.

My Ride
    Grimace

Thanks guys. I'll get the applecare for sure. Gonna pop by the +15 today to see if i can find a set on the ground and if not ill just go to apple
    If you have more time, costco has them for $250 right now with applecare for $30

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Ringing endorsement
    Apple released something that had a flaw over time and eventually fixed it. The ringing endorsement is the support around the issue. First replacement, done at Apple store, got a new pair right away that cleared up the issue. The 2nd and 3rd time, called it in and they overnighted a new pair over before I sent mine back. The fact that they owned up to the problem and kept replacing them until the fix was out meant I only had the issue for a week total even though there was a workaround for it by disabling anc.

Apple products aren’t perfect, but their support to ensure you’re not inconvenienced when there is a problem is awesome.

My Ride
    ute

Yeah they do have great support.

I remember when they exchanged my iPhone 3G for a new one for $99.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    If you have more time, costco has them for $250 right now with applecare for $30
    FUCK! i just got some from chinook, thanks for the heads up though. I popped them in right away and felt almost like an Aspenite elite with the pros vs my pleb regulars

Apple products aren’t perfect, but their support to ensure you’re not inconvenienced when there is a problem is awesome.
    This.

Finally got around to setting up dual sim yesterday. Converted my personal Rogers sim to eSIM and then popped in my work Telus SIM card. Amazing how seamless and intuitive it is, Apple did a great job on this implementation. Ability to set up which default number to use for specific contacts for calls/messages is really cool.

I have to mention that Rogers was a pita to deal with. Their website clearly states you can order an eSIM thru the phone, but after spending over an hour on the phone getting bounced around 3 different departments I gave up and just went in store to do it. $10 for the eSIM and I was up and running pretty quick once I got home (you need wifi to set up eSIM). Out of curiosity I went to Telus website to see what their process is and they let you order an eSIM online. Although it’s double the cost at $20 but at least you can avoid dealing with call center people who have no clue what eSIM is or how to order one.

Is there a way to 'pin' something to memory in iPad OS 14? Even with only 2 apps open, when I switch between them it constantly re-loads and I lose all my data. This is especially annoying when I am filling out a form or setting a lineup for a hockey pool and switching between, say, the Score App and the FanDuel app. If I have to re-enter my team one more time I am going to hurl my iPad out the window I know how to do this on Android but I haven't found a way to force something into memory on iOS 14 yet.

My Ride
    Grimace

shiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeet
    https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/c...rds-in-canada/
    There goes my apple one discount

Page 165 of 193 FirstFirst ... 155 164 165 166 175 ... LastLast