Apple Thread - Page 187 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 187 of 193 FirstFirst ... 177 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apple faithful will buy it, but only those who don't go home until 7pm. I don't pretend to know how the Airpod Max headphones are doing, but I think I can count on 1 hand how many times I have seen someone using them in public. I feel like this headset is priced like those headphones.
    I actually took a pair of AirPods Max's on my India trip. Not a fan, it wasn't comfortable at all for long stints (24h) compared to my Beats Studio 3. It seals tighter, and just cooks my ears. The sound quality is definitely better than the Studio 3's, but there were so many annoyances with them. They don't wrap around your neck nicely, and if you want to uncup one ear to rest your ears, it'll pause whatever you're watching/listening to.

For the record, I didn't buy the Max's (got them as a gift), nor would buy one after the fact. It's a terrible travel headphone.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea my AirPods Max's are exclusively used for when I am using the snowblower in the winter or lawnmower in the summer and now they will see less use as I hired someone for the lawn shit in the summer. So maybe just winter use only, Haha. For travel, I definitely still prefer the AirPods Pro whatever the latest version is. I do like Max's and sound quality and spatial audio is awesome, I just wish I could use it more often somewhere. And yes I bought them and felt like an idiot at the time but the noise canceling on them is bad ass and they almost muffle out the commercial level Stihl backpack snowblower that I have. Haha.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Even tech wants ppl back in the office.
    No we don't. Not as a mandate at least. In office when there's a specific purpose, otherwise work where you want.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Generalizations are awesome
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    We're gonna be typing out and scrolling excel formulas with our fingers all day? Feels way more exhausting than keyboard & mouse. Even tech wants ppl back in the office. What's the point of driving to an office and putting on a headset all day. Feels like tech is overextending capabilities of VR like they do with everything else.
    You can still use peripherals of the past.

But instead seeing them with your own eyes, you are seeing them with camera pass thru.

I always thought Woojer was onto something, but not as a chest thumper. They should have made it into a belt, pelvis shaker.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    This and that.

Okay so the iMac I use at work is shitting the bed I feel like. Getting super slow. Either I need to delete everything and 'set it up as a new computer', or need a new one. Since this one is 2015 and old'ish, thinking new might be the way to go. What desktop should I be looking at in terms of what's out now? The one with M1 chip or is there something newer/better?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Get a new M1 in redName:  IMG_1772.jpeg
Views: 1999
Size:  107.7 KB
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea I just realized they have so many freakin colours now. Going back to those really old school first Mac computers. I also see only one screen size it seems like at 24", was thinking of getting the bigger one this time but might not have a choice.

EDIT: Don't see a red online. Pink is there though. Haha.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Yea I just realized they have so many freakin colours now. Going back to those really old school first Mac computers. I also see only one screen size it seems like at 24", was thinking of getting the bigger one this time but might not have a choice.

EDIT: Don't see a red online. Pink is there though. Haha.
    You can go with a 32" Pro Display XDR and Mac Mini

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    You can go with a 32" Pro Display XDR and Mac Mini
    I didn't know a combo could be made that way. Just looked and cool to have another option. Though if going this route I would consider the 27" screen cause the $6300 32" one is way overkill for my needs and way more $ than I would want to spend. I don't want to be more than 2500 if I can help it.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I actually took a pair of AirPods Max's on my India trip. Not a fan, it wasn't comfortable at all for long stints (24h) compared to my Beats Studio 3. It seals tighter, and just cooks my ears. The sound quality is definitely better than the Studio 3's, but there were so many annoyances with them. They don't wrap around your neck nicely, and if you want to uncup one ear to rest your ears, it'll pause whatever you're watching/listening to.

For the record, I didn't buy the Max's (got them as a gift), nor would buy one after the fact. It's a terrible travel headphone.
    Sounds about right

I had a pair of Sony WX-1000 MX3's I got for working out. I was SO excited. Wore them once, felt like my ears were in a 40 minute sauna. Sold them the next day.

F'ing sweaty ears

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Either no such product exists or I'm having a bad interwebbing day. I got my wife an external lightning drive for her iPhone and it would be handy to be able to use it and charge the phone at the same time. Looks like the Amazon splitter devices won't do data, just headphones and charging. Any ideas?

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    Either no such product exists or I'm having a bad interwebbing day. I got my wife an external lightning drive for her iPhone and it would be handy to be able to use it and charge the phone at the same time. Looks like the Amazon splitter devices won't do data, just headphones and charging. Any ideas?
    Get a MagSafe charger

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    Get a MagSafe charger
    Today we learned her phone does in fact do wireless charging, that solves that, thank you sir!

My Ride
    rally pig

had my iphone 13 running 16.5.x for the past couple of weeks and noticed that the phone was always getting hot, terrible battery life and apps were laggy. was almost ready to throw this phone to the wall. fortunately looks like 16.6 is out now and fixed all my issues.

also fingers crossed that the rumors for the iphone 15 pros to have usb-c is real, going for the pro later this year if true.
    https://www.macrumors.com/2023/07/19...ored-features/

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    had my iphone 13 running 16.5.x for the past couple of weeks and noticed that the phone was always getting hot, terrible battery life and apps were laggy. was almost ready to throw this phone to the wall. fortunately looks like 16.6 is out now and fixed all my issues.

also fingers crossed that the rumors for the iphone 15 pros to have usb-c is real, going for the pro later this year if true.
    https://www.macrumors.com/2023/07/19...ored-features/
    You can check which apps are running away doing dumb background shit constantly and fucking up your phone by checking battery usage by app.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    You can check which apps are running away doing dumb background shit constantly and fucking up your phone by checking battery usage by app.
    Oh I was, for testing I closed all my apps except Teams and Mail and my battery would continue dropping and phone getting hot.
    After installing 16.6, my phone is back to pre-16.5.x

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

I actually removed teams from my phone and a few others at work did the same. Was killing our battery life.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Whens the next iPhone coming out anyhow.. im on an 11 pro still

Page 187 of 193 FirstFirst ... 177 186 187 188 ... LastLast