Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 85 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 85 of 193 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    rally pig

Improved camera is always enticing, especially if rumors of triple lens (UWA I'm hoping) are true but I'm shooting more with a camera again so not really a need, if they up the MP or larger sensor I would definitely get one.
    I'm finding the X with IOS 12 feels sluggish but still works for my need so not in a rush to upgrade.

I'm considering the newer Ipad Mini more though so that I can work remotely without having to carry my 14" laptop with me.
    Have an Ipad Air 2 but it's slow and bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What’s the eta date for iOS 13?
    Probably September 17.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    What’s the eta date for iOS 13?
    Anyone can sign up for public beta anyways, it’s pretty close to GM now.

Hoping to stave off an iPhone purchase this year ( my X leaves me wanting for very little right now ).

But might seriously consider an iPad Pro for general media consumption, I hate how much they cost but might just bite the bullet.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    I'm considering the newer Ipad Mini more though so that I can work remotely without having to carry my 14" laptop with me.
    Have an Ipad Air 2 but it's slow and bigger.
    The new iPad mini is nice. I picked one up this summer to replace an aging iPad mini for the kids. Blazing fast, pen support for the kids drawing, if it had more resolution I'd definitely choose that over my Pro. The mini is the perfect travel size.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Anyone can sign up for public beta anyways, it’s pretty close to GM now.
    I would hazard installing the public beta on a daily driver unless you at some one who can deal with bugs, as it’s on 13.1 and that is considerably worse then the previous 13.0 beta 8. Apple removed a bunch of features from 13.0 in beta 6 then added them back into beta 13.1 so I’m guessing 13 GM is just 13 beta 8 which is what was put on the shipped phones last week and they will release 13.1 the week the phones ship and entice users to download it by the features they removed from 13.0.

13.1 added a bunch of new bugs from share sheet no longer work to battery drain.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    LNF

Are they likely to be announcing a new iPad September 10th as well?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I wish they’d release an iphone4 sized X.

It would be the sweet spot I feel.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I wish they’d release an iphone4 sized X.

It would be the sweet spot I feel.
    iPhone 5 size is my sweet spot.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    I would hazard installing the public beta on a daily driver unless you at some one who can deal with bugs, as it’s on 13.1 and that is considerably worse then the previous 13.0 beta 8. Apple removed a bunch of features from 13.0 in beta 6 then added them back into beta 13.1 so I’m guessing 13 GM is just 13 beta 8 which is what was put on the shipped phones last week and they will release 13.1 the week the phones ship and entice users to download it by the features they removed from 13.0.

13.1 added a bunch of new bugs from share sheet no longer work to battery drain.
    Fair enough. I didn’t let mine go onto 13.1. Agreed last 13.0 beta is pretty good, the earlier 13’s were near unusable.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Costco has iPads on sale! woop

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

But might seriously consider an iPad Pro for general media consumption, I hate how much they cost but might just bite the bullet.
    For basic use / consumption just grab the new iPad Air. The Pro doesn't have nearly the value proposition it used to, and with the creative software (Like Photoshop) being so limited on iOS, they make less and less sense the better the non-pro models get, IMO anyway. I have a 11" Pro and I am definitely not upgrading this time around, and I've been toying with the idea of selling it and just picking up the new Air.

Apple is also readying a new 10.5" entry level model which would be even cheaper and more than capable if all you want it for is media consumption.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I messed up and left auto update on. Auto updates never worked for me in iOS12. They work in 13 for me and I ended up on 13.1. Haven't had any real issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    For basic use / consumption just grab the new iPad Air. The Pro doesn't have nearly the value proposition it used to, and with the creative software (Like Photoshop) being so limited on iOS, they make less and less sense the better the non-pro models get, IMO anyway. I have a 11" Pro and I am definitely not upgrading this time around, and I've been toying with the idea of selling it and just picking up the new Air.

Apple is also readying a new 10.5" entry level model which would be even cheaper and more than capable if all you want it for is media consumption.
    the new pencil is the value prop on the pro.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    the new pencil is the value prop on the pro.
    The new pencil is better but IMO not a breaker. Definitely subjective though. Neither pencil is good for precision work, and the lag is noticeable if you're doing anything quickly. I do find it handy for some things though (like LumaFusion), and it's good for a lot of games.

The upcoming 10.5" base model might use the new pencil, not sure yet - maybe not though since the new Air doesn't.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I really don't like the pro moniker. It's just a phone haha. Regardless I'll be picking one up this year as I skipped last years

Seems like contract subsidies are making a comeback so if i can get a good deal from either rogers or telus for signing up onto a new 2 yr contract i'll probably upgrade my X to the Pro 11 if the camera differences are major.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I messed up and left auto update on. Auto updates never worked for me in iOS12. They work in 13 for me and I ended up on 13.1.
    Consider yourself lucky . When I was on 13.1 I Had share sheet doesn’t work, USB files don’t work, no mail notifications, my watch lasted half a day because it’s constantly connecting to wifi because the phone connection drops etc etc.
    Last edited by Kavy; 09-03-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post

Fair point, but I find Apple products really shine when you pay for as much horsepower as possible. The value on spending 20-30% more is really there when it staves off 2 more years of obsolescence.

Sure it’s massive overkill in year 1, but at least it still functions at year 3-4.

My original mini was unusable after 2 years because it came with last years processor.

fact.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The new iPad mini is nice. I picked one up this summer to replace an aging iPad mini for the kids. Blazing fast, pen support for the kids drawing, if it had more resolution I'd definitely choose that over my Pro. The mini is the perfect travel size.
    crap didnt want to hear this, now the ipad mini has climbed on my top spot for want now

any left-hand user experience with the pencil?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Need to finally upgrade my 6s that can't hold a charge worth a shit.

Do the older iphones usually drop in price right about now?

I'm still using 20AWG micro USB cables. I mean seriously, who ever thought they would need more than four wires (two for data two for power) obviously never took the time to figure out that we would have gigabit cellular and multigigabit Wifi by now, destroying the need for wired data.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Page 85 of 193 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast