Apple Thread - Page 98 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 98 of 193 FirstFirst ... 88 97 98 99 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by GT.....O? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone have any experience with Apples dual sim functionally?

Been carrying around 2 phones (personal and work) and getting fed up.

Also curious if anyone has any insight into company security settings what the company would/wouldnt be able to see? Is it company software dependent, or can they just see everything?
    I have an Airtel e-sim for my 2nd sim. What do you want to know?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    rally pig

I checked with Bell and so far you can't move a line from a regular SIM to an eSIM, new line only for now which sucks as I was hoping to move my phone # to an eSIM so that I could travel and pick up a travel/prepaid SIM when needed

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    I checked with Bell and so far you can't move a line from a regular SIM to an eSIM, new line only for now which sucks as I was hoping to move my phone # to an eSIM so that I could travel and pick up a travel/prepaid SIM when needed
    I wouldn't use my primary # on an e-sim. It's a pain in the ass if you ever move phones. Let's say I break my phone and go get it AppleCare'd for a new phone. I have to text a specific # from my current phone, get a new QR code, and scan it on the new phone. If any of that process breaks down, it won't work. This is the easy one. The tough one is if you break your phone or it's stolen and want to replace it. Trying to get a new QR code for e-sim is a PITA. Providers don't seem to be really ready with the processes.

Physical SIM for primary, e-sim for travel stuff that's not critical.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I wouldn't use my primary # on an e-sim. It's a pain in the ass if you ever move phones. Let's say I break my phone and go get it AppleCare'd for a new phone. I have to text a specific # from my current phone, get a new QR code, and scan it on the new phone. If any of that process breaks down, it won't work. This is the easy one. The tough one is if you break your phone or it's stolen and want to replace it. Trying to get a new QR code for e-sim is a PITA. Providers don't seem to be really ready with the processes.

Physical SIM for primary, e-sim for travel stuff that's not critical.
    Hmm... that is a good point, switching phone would be a PITA.
    Seems like a travel eSIM is the way to go then

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Personal use isnt the problem. A couple guys run the work phone as their only phone. More so, I want to keep my personal number, makes life easier if the work scenario changes. And the added benefit of being able to turn the business line off while on vacation, similar to leaving the work phone at home.

I guess the other question is can you assign data usage for specific apps to one plan or the other.... ex, can i assign snapchat or facebook data to the personal line, while having email and work related stuff assigned to the business line.

Sounds like it would be software specific about what they could see, rather than just being able to see what data comes through on business plan. IE, if they had the company software on the phone they could probably look into whatever they wanted, regardless of what data plan it was coming in on. Does that sound right?

Not that i am super concerned with it, but i would rather not give them access to banking info, or snapchat... pictures. LOL
    Last edited by GT.....O?; 10-04-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

No. When it fires up it makes you select which sim to use for iMessage. Then you can choose default data line where data flows. Then you can choose default phone line where it makes calls. You can make calls from both lines afterwards through further menus. Same thing with text and iMessages. You can’t choose what sim handles data on a per app basis but you can flip between them in settings pretty quickly.

Name:  02C84F7C-A36C-4066-AF7E-2DA18C30076D.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  29.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Ok everyone. Airpods vs Powerbeats Pro vs ______? My wife has airpods, and I like them, however they don't stay in my ears super well (and won't with earmuffs in winter). I'm borrowing some powerbeats pro right now and really like them, although I don't like looking like a cyborg when I'm taking a call in the +15.

Anyone able to sway me one way or the other? Or propose a strong alternative for true wireless?
    Airpods don't fit in my ear but I've been pretty happy with my Jabra Elite Active 65t

My Ride
    rally pig

How's everyone liking quickpath on IOS 13?
    I initially did not like it but after using it a couple of days, I'm starting to like it although I'm still finding it faster to type the old way but QP helps reduces spelling errors.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    Airpods don't fit in my ear but I've been pretty happy with my Jabra Elite Active 65t
    I grabbed as set of the non-active's a while back when they were on sale. Picked them up for $120. Cant beat that. They fit great and i am very happy with them. The airpods hurt after more than 30 mins of listening.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    How's everyone liking quickpath on IOS 13?
    I initially did not like it but after using it a couple of days, I'm starting to like it although I'm still finding it faster to type the old way but QP helps reduces spelling errors.
    The predictive text isn't as good as GBoard and I'm not sure if it has learning capabilities. I haven't used it enough yet.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Catalina OS looks dope.

iPad as another monitor is a nice touch,

https://gizmodo.com/12-things-you-ca...dnt-1838822074

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Be careful if you still have any 32-bit software. While my Lightroom is 64 bit, I see a lot of supporting adobe shit that needs to run to run LR be in 32-bit.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

eSim just saved our lives on this trip, I don’t have one in my X but my wifes Xr does. Rogers fucked up and put a roaming ban on my account and apparently it can take 3 business days to fix.

With eSim I was able to download an app and get my wife’s phone online for 30 bucks for the week data only which is less than ideal but at least we have some connection when we need it.

Frustrating. I could just go buy a sim for my X but that’s a PIA, makes me want a new 11 Pro after this BS.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

I can't seem to send picture messages from my iPhone to non iPhone users out of a sudden. I upgraded yesterday. Keeps saying MMS messaging needs to be on for it and I check the settings and it is on. Anyone know what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I can't seem to send picture messages from my iPhone to non iPhone users out of a sudden. I upgraded yesterday. Keeps saying MMS messaging needs to be on for it and I check the settings and it is on. Anyone know what's going on?
    Doesn't sound like you 'upgraded' if you can't send texts

Joking aside, try run through these steps:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204065

My Ride
    This and that.

I meant update to ios11. The issue is strictly with MMS to non iMessages. Will try the steps.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 10-08-2019 at 06:03 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Can your poor friends afford to receive picture messages?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Mostly a question for @rage2 since he’s the iTunes movie / Apple TV power user...

On a family share iTunes account is there any way to have movies my wife has purchased show up in my “Apple TV” library?

Any I have purchased myself show up, and if I navigate to a movie she has purchased in the store I can watch it no problem. But best I can tell there doesn’t seem to be a system to merge the libraries from different family accounts that have made the purchases. Or even to view her purchase library. Biggest thing I notice is stuff she buys I can watch, but I can’t download for offline use for example. But it would also just be great to be able to browse a conclusive list of what I can watch for free on iTunes.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Download it to your device and it’ll show up.

On iOS device go to iTunes, more, purchased, wife’s name, movies, choose movie, hit download.

On Apple TV you can’t get it together, have to go to Movies, purchased, family purchases, etc.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Got it. I think I was burned by using the Apple TV app on my iPad. It seems to have some kinks to work out.

Everything shows up on the iTunes app.

fact.

Page 98 of 193 FirstFirst ... 88 97 98 99 108 ... LastLast