Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 48 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 48 of 193 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once they separate out iMessage at some point out of backups and into the cloud, backups should be super quick and tiny.
    Not everyone has a 12GBs of iMessages. haha

I use an app called iExplorer for backup extraction. Shoot me a PM and I can lend you my license to save you $40.

For iCloud backups, enable iCloud Photo Library. This separates photos and videos from your actual backups making things work a lot quicker. It's also shared across iOS devices. Even if you forget to backup, or accidently delete it, the photos and vids are separated and untouched. Once they separate out iMessage at some point out of backups and into the cloud, backups should be super quick and tiny.
    Thank you for the kind offer - I will shoot you a PM when I have a little bit more time and maybe I can at least get the videos back.

Now the bluetooth doesn't work on the GF's phone after the factory reset - can't connect to anything (car, bluetooth speakers, etc.) Not sure if this is related to the previous issue or a bug in 11.1.1. Is anyone having similar issues with bluetooth specifically? We have another genius appointment Thursday to hopefully just get a new phone altogether, but the full factory reset being part of their troubleshooting process is super annoying.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Now the bluetooth doesn't work on the GF's phone after the factory reset - can't connect to anything (car, bluetooth speakers, etc.) Not sure if this is related to the previous issue or a bug in 11.1.1. Is anyone having similar issues with bluetooth specifically? We have another genius appointment Thursday to hopefully just get a new phone altogether, but the full factory reset being part of their troubleshooting process is super annoying.
    I typically tell them that I've already done the factory reset. They don't check, and I'll get a replacement immediately.

The only BT issues I have is when I'm a passenger in my car and have my airpods on as well as connected to the car's Bluetooth. Can't tell if this is new or not, but it does not like having 2 simultaneous BT connections. Audio skips like crazy, and BT disconnects and reconnects randomly as well.

You have some shitty luck with Apple products.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I typically tell them that I've already done the factory reset. They don't check, and I'll get a replacement immediately.

The only BT issues I have is when I'm a passenger in my car and have my airpods on as well as connected to the car's Bluetooth. Can't tell if this is new or not, but it does not like having 2 simultaneous BT connections. Audio skips like crazy, and BT disconnects and reconnects randomly as well.

You have some shitty luck with Apple products.
    Good to know haha -we should have just told them we reset it last night, would have saved 2 hours waiting for the walk-in appt only to be told to go home and reset it.

This is just unusual because her bluetooth worked fine before, so I am inclined to think it's software over hardware but it's annoying nonetheless, and she's just tired of the problems on her brand new phone (her thinking is brand new phone = should never have problems which is fair but somewhat unrealistic)

Tell me about it! I have the exact same phone and so far it's been perfect, I think she maybe just has a lemon. I'll take a look at it when I'm home but she knows what to do so if it's not working for her I don't think I'll have any better luck.

My Ride
    NC1

So a few friends have an iPhoneX for sale but I need to buy it with my credit card to get the replacement coverage through the benefits. If I go into an Apple store with a friend, can he return it and then i'll just buy it right after? Or does the pHone go back into inventory to whoever is in line?

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    So a few friends have an iPhoneX for sale but I need to buy it with my credit card to get the replacement coverage through the benefits. If I go into an Apple store with a friend, can he return it and then i'll just buy it right after? Or does the pHone go back into inventory to whoever is in line?
    I doubt the Apple store is allowed to sell a phone after it has been returned. I sure wouldn’t want a returned phone unless I’m getting refurb pricing and it’s been inspected first.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Can you buy AppleCare instead? I'll assume your friends are selling it for either zero markup or less, so either you're paying because you want it now or it's cheaper than retail. Otherwise, just wait for a new one.

My Ride
    2017 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    I doubt the Apple store is allowed to sell a phone after it has been returned. I sure wouldn’t want a returned phone unless I’m getting refurb pricing and it’s been inspected first.
    Phone is probably sealed - friend probably bought it to flip or changed their mind. Going to return it now, but Max wants to buy it using his credit card.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by dtrieu View Post
    Phone is probably sealed - friend probably bought it to flip or changed their mind. Going to return it now, but Max wants to buy it using his credit card.
    Yes! lol

- - - Updated - - -

I have never bought Apple care and at $269 no thanks lol

I’ll get a leather case and take my chances but since my credit card offers this I might as well take advantage of it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Updated, but ended up in Cali so no difference haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

http://business.financialpost.com/te...-for-0-upfront

LOL SHIT

Freedom Mobile will sell the latest slate of iPhones, including the 8, 8 Plus and X, for $0 upfront on two-year contracts, Shaw announced in a news release Wednesday.

This pricing strategy is a sharp departure from the standard followed by the Big Three carriers Rogers Communications Inc., BCE Inc. and Telus Corp., none of which offer the newest, most expensive iPhones for zero down just months after a release.

As of Tuesday, the Big Three were selling the flagship iPhone X starting at $599 upfront plus $95 per month on two-year plans. That price only includes 1 GB of data, according to the carriers’ websites. The iPhone 8 and 8+ start at $229 and $359 on the same rate plans.

Freedom’s iPhone plans, on the other hand, include 10 GB of data starting at $65 per month for the iPhone 8 up to $110 per month for the iPhone X. To get that much data and a new iPhone from the Big Three, customers must pay at least $155 per month plus the upfront cost.
    Last edited by flipstah; 11-22-2017 at 12:30 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

That's a pretty good deal. I could live with that coverage.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Great way to increase your customer base drastically.

I imagine they are treating it like a marketing cost and are thinking about the long term customer. Acquiring a customer in the cellphone market is pricy so this could make sense.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    damn so tempted to get freedom mobile account setup.

trying to see if my wife wants to move from Fido to Freedom though.
    She's paying over 100$ right now for 10GB data plan, 65$ is a pretty good deal.

But has wind improved there network?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by BensonTT View Post
    But has wind improved there network?
    Getting there. Recently upgraded their LTE network to accommodate previous iPhones, slowly but surely.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Doesn’t freedom’s cost and network availability basically fall off a cliff when you leave the city?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Doesn’t freedom’s cost and network availability basically fall off a cliff when you leave the city?
    Nope, cause you're on Telus with unlimited LTE then throttled to slow "3g" speeds when you are over your allotted away data

Page 48 of 193 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast