Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 134 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 134 of 193 FirstFirst ... 124 133 134 135 144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think, to me, the value gap on a used cell phone is way too wide for me to make an offer that wouldn’t be insulting.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think, to me, the value gap on a used cell phone is way too wide for me to make an offer that wouldn’t be insulting.
    Fair enough. No worries.

My Ride
    This and that.

I got mine finally. Gonna set it up now.

Will be throwing my xs max on kijiji later. I am good with 500 or whatever I am gonna get though, don't really care. Haven't looked into value or anything either - just no point in having it laying around when I know I won't be using it. Plus I used it for almost 2 years so it's about a 7.5/8 out of 10 that's why I am thinking I likely won't get much for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I got mine finally. Gonna set it up now.

Will be throwing my xs max on kijiji later. I am good with 500 or whatever I am gonna get though, don't really care. Haven't looked into value or anything either - just no point in having it laying around when I know I won't be using it. Plus I used it for almost 2 years so it's about a 7.5/8 out of 10 that's why I am thinking I likely won't get much for it.
    if you're in calgary i'll gladly give you $500 for a XS max. How many GB?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I’m so torn, I really want a new phone but I just didn’t think the 12Pro wowed enough, thought about picking up an 11Pro used or refurb but people seem to be on some special type of drugs based on the asking prices I have seen.

Would really like the new camera as the main plus.
    Prices are propped up because of how much Apple charges for new last gen phones. When I was shopping last time around, it was like a 7% discount or something to go with a new XS Max instead of 11 pro (this was a couple weeks after 11 Pro was released). Its nuts.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    if you're in calgary i'll gladly give you $500 for a XS max. How many GB?
    I haven't done the research, but now I am thinking that price too low? Haha. It'll be the basic storage whatever that was at that time. Since I have iCloud I never bother with any more. I should be able to track down the box as well as like 5 cases or so I imagine. I will be in Calgary next weekend possibly. If you're going to use it for yourself or family (as opposed to flipping for profit) then it's fine. Only caveat is, I need to first verify with my mom to make sure she doesn't need it but otherwise all good. PM me if serious.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 10-26-2020 at 06:30 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Prices are propped up because of how much Apple charges for new last gen phones. When I was shopping last time around, it was like a 7% discount or something to go with a new XS Max instead of 11 pro (this was a couple weeks after 11 Pro was released). Its nuts.
    Yea ~10% annual depreciation on a phone, with a lifespan of 3-4 years max, doesn’t compute with me. Add in Moore’s law and to me it seems like crazy pills.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    About a minute before this post

Attachment 94940
    Fuck me, I'm getting trolled by Bell.

My Ride
    This and that.

Why can’t I 3D Touch or whatever the heck it’s called now on my keyboard to move around the cursor? That’s like one of the things I use the most and immediately noticed my inability to do it. Is there a setting I am missing? Tried looking through settings but couldn’t figure it out.

Edit: just noticed a weird thing. On my xs Max, I can press and hold the keyboard anywhere and the cursor appears that I can then move around. But in the 12 pro it only happens if and press and hold the space bar specifically. What this a change in the features or something or is my 12 not functioning correctly?
    Last edited by shakalaka; 10-26-2020 at 09:15 PM.

I haven't done the research, but now I am thinking that price too low? Haha. It'll be the basic storage whatever that was at that time. Since I have iCloud I never bother with any more. I should be able to track down the box as well as like 5 cases or so I imagine. I will be in Calgary next weekend possibly. If you're going to use it for yourself or family (as opposed to flipping for profit) then it's fine. Only caveat is, I need to first verify with my mom to make sure she doesn't need it but otherwise all good. PM me if serious.
    Well was planning on giving it to the wife (she has an 8 plus currently), but just checked her storage and she’s using around 140 out of her 256 so I don’t think a 64gb will work for us. If it was 128gb I think she could clean up a few videos but clearing over half the storage is a tall order for her lol

If it’s 128 or 256 I would 100% take it otherwise pass it on the next beyonder. I think you should be able to get 600-650 on kijiji or fb market place if you have the patience too

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Well was planning on giving it to the wife (she has an 8 plus currently), but just checked her storage and she’s using around 140 out of her 256 so I don’t think a 64gb will work for us. If it was 128gb I think she could clean up a few videos but clearing over half the storage is a tall order for her lol

If it’s 128 or 256 I would 100% take it otherwise pass it on the next beyonder. I think you should be able to get 600-650 on kijiji or fb market place if you have the patience too
    Ya no worries. I double checked and it's 64GB. Well I will pass the same offer to anyone else out there who might be interested. I will perhaps in a few days list it on Kijiji though so if it goes - it goes.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 10-26-2020 at 10:08 PM.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Get a screen protector for the 12. It apparently gets scratched easier than previous model (fine scratches). I guess there's explanation why. See MKBHD video:

I got this one from Amazon. Really good for $16 and you get 3 lol.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Why can’t I 3D Touch or whatever the heck it’s called now on my keyboard to move around the cursor? That’s like one of the things I use the most and immediately noticed my inability to do it. Is there a setting I am missing? Tried looking through settings but couldn’t figure it out.

Edit: just noticed a weird thing. On my xs Max, I can press and hold the keyboard anywhere and the cursor appears that I can then move around. But in the 12 pro it only happens if and press and hold the space bar specifically. What this a change in the features or something or is my 12 not functioning correctly?
    I thought they did away with 3D touch after the X?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    I think that was force touch?

fact.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Force touch and slide to type (from any letter) both function just fine on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    Starting with the 11 they ditched 3D touch in favor of the way everyone else does it (long press).

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Huh, maybe it is a long press... does not feel any different

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Huh, maybe it is a long press... does not feel any different
    Probably why they got rid of 3D touch haha - it was mostly a gimmick. You still get haptic feedback with the long press so it feels similar to 3D touch.

My Ride
    This and that.

It is a long press on the 12 I guess but the cursor only appears when you long press the space bar. When you do the same on letters it's just giving different language characters of that specific letter you're long pressing.

On my XS Max - I could force press anywhere on the keyboard and have the cursor appear and then move it around. Not a big deal if that's how it's meant to be, just wasn't sure. It's just a matter of getting used to it I guess.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It is a long press on the 12 I guess but the cursor only appears when you long press the space bar. When you do the same on letters it's just giving different language characters of that specific letter you're long pressing.

On my XS Max - I could force press anywhere on the keyboard and have the cursor appear and then move it around. Not a big deal if that's how it's meant to be, just wasn't sure. It's just a matter of getting used to it I guess.
    This is accurate. The force touch anywhere on the keyboard as cursor has been removed after the XS. I started using the space bar long press to get use to the eventuality of upgrading. It was actually pretty odd, because if you light press on e, the different accents would pop up. Hard press on e, and cursor shows up. So when I was trying to use cursor, I'd end up randomly typing French because I didn't press hard enough.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 134 of 193 FirstFirst ... 124 133 134 135 144 ... LastLast