Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 68 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 68 of 192 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’m guessing it’s not him wanting to be stuck on word, but being a lawyer it’s to keep compatible with others. We deal with a lot of legal compliance stuff and it’s all word. Makes collaboration internally a pain as we use google apps and not sharepoint so we don’t have a sharepoint server/service. It’s impossible to take those doc files and move them between formats without completely fucking the formatting and what not. We too just suck it up and try our best to manage document revisions between people, or leverage OneDrive for small collaboration without sharepoint.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Maybe for corporate law, I get the feeling it’s not that complicated of a problem in Shaks case but I could be wrong.

Also google docs lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Maybe for corporate law, I get the feeling it’s not that complicated of a problem in Shaks case but I could be wrong.

Also google docs lol
    Google docs is the shit.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Google docs is the shit.
    If we switched away from office at work I think I would resign the next day. My competence with office is easily 90% of my professional value .

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea we do use Office for Mac at work but pretty much just Word cause it's not like we need to make graphs or some shit. So from what I am thinking so far, because I want to be able to take handwritten notes on the iPad and have them go back and forth from the iPad to the main computer for printing/revision on bigger screen etc, I will use OneNote. I just downloaded it on my Mac and logged in and everything from my iPad transferred over so that's cool. For general typing up word documents, I like the suggestion about Google Docs. My work does use Gmail for everything so that will be helpful as I could be typing up something in Google Docs at work and go home continue from there on iPad or Macbook Pro, instead of Microsoft Word and emailing shit back and forth. We use Dropbox for everything storage for all the files so the evidence, disclosures, videos etc and anything cases related is all stored in Dropbox. Doing this would make me largely paperless and only require printing the stuff I really want/need when it comes to actual hearings as I don't always like reading from various devices during trials. There must be a Google Docs app for iPad and Macbook? Going to look it up. Cheers guys.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 09-18-2018 at 05:03 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The entire suite of google apps is on iOS. Spreadsheets are a fucking pain in the ass, but docs work awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Yea we do use Office for Mac at work but pretty much just Word cause it's not like we need to make graphs or some shit. So from what I am thinking so far, because I want to be able to take handwritten notes on the iPad and have them go back and forth from the iPad to the main computer for printing/revision on bigger screen etc, I will use OneNote. I just downloaded it on my Mac and logged in and everything from my iPad transferred over so that's cool. For general typing up word documents, I like the suggestion about Google Docs. My work does use Gmail for everything so that will be helpful as I could be typing up something in Google Docs at work and go home continue from there on iPad or Macbook Pro, instead of Microsoft Word and emailing shit back and forth. We use Dropbox for everything storage for all the files so the evidence, disclosures, videos etc and anything cases related is all stored in Dropbox. Doing this would make me largely paperless and only require printing the stuff I really want/need when it comes to actual hearings as I don't always like reading from various devices during trials. There must be a Google Docs app for iPad and Macbook? Going to look it up. Cheers guys.
    If you use word that much, I would suggest getting an office 365 subscription. Well worth the $109 per year.. you can install on up to 5 computers + 5 tablets + 5 phones, and up to 5 users get 1TB of onedrive space. Why bother migrating over to google apps if you’re already expert with office? Also if you don’t want to use onedrive to store your files, pretty sure you can use Dropbox on your iPad and open the files directly in word for iPad and it will save back to your Dropbox and sync back to your laptop. You really don’t need to email docs back and forth these days

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Good call, I just checked and the update was ready on the phone. I'm doing the update now and I'll check my CarPlay on the way home today.
    Can confirm, worked great on the drive home. Still waiting for Waze, it went private beta this week.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I would highly suggest using Microsoft one drive over google docs. It integrates with word and the rest of office perfectly. I cant even tell you the number of times in university that I had to retype equations, tables, or even just general formatting into documents because google docs doesn't play nice with Word. All other features of google docs are present so its essentially the same other than the integration with Office.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Mogg View Post
    I would highly suggest using Microsoft one drive over google docs. It integrates with word and the rest of office perfectly. I cant even tell you the number of times in university that I had to retype equations, tables, or even just general formatting into documents because google docs doesn't play nice with Word. All other features of google docs are present so its essentially the same other than the integration with Office.
    +1 Don't be "that guy" who uses google docs or open office etc.

fact.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Can confirm, worked great on the drive home. Still waiting for Waze, it went private beta this week.
    Interesting, I did the update at the office and on my way home there was no change - still not in CarPlay. Maybe the phone needed to reboot or something, but I'll check again tomorrow.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Interesting, I did the update at the office and on my way home there was no change - still not in CarPlay. Maybe the phone needed to reboot or something, but I'll check again tomorrow.
    Did you update the app as well? Or just IOS?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ya the map needs to be updated.

Moved to Google maps and after 1 day, it’s found a much faster route to my parents house that I didn’t know about, and the satellite view looks terrific.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    Did you update the app as well? Or just IOS?
    Actually I've only updated the app, haven't done the IOS update yet. That's probably the issue.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Moved to Google maps and after 1 day, it’s found a much faster route to my parents house that I didn’t know about, and the satellite view looks terrific.
    First time using it navigated me from office to campus saving 10 minutes by being creative with traffic and routes. I just blindly obeyed with great results.

One big plus with google maps, you can manually cache areas with offiline maps. Barely takes up any space on the phone you could probably cache all of Alberta under a GB.

Much better than Apple maps, apple really chose shit timing to begin rolling out their new mapping platform. By the time it spreads out far enough everyone will have switched to google maps on CarPlay and never bother with the new system.

fact.

My Ride
    ute

That's Android playing just-the-tip with you Apple guys!

C'mon over to the dark side, the weather is great.

So i have an Xs coming tomorrow, but i'm starting to worry about losing touchID and being forced onto FaceID. Biggest thing for me is use in the dark... first thing i do every morning when i wake up is check emails so not sure how well it works in the dark in reality.

Do any X owners regret switching? how well does FaceID actually work especially in the dark?

fuck, why couldn't apple just throw a fingerprint sensor onto the back of the phone or something.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    So i have an Xs coming tomorrow, but i'm starting to worry about losing touchID and being forced onto FaceID. Biggest thing for me is use in the dark... first thing i do every morning when i wake up is check emails so not sure how well it works in the dark in reality.

Do any X owners regret switching? how well does FaceID actually work especially in the dark?

fuck, why couldn't apple just throw a fingerprint sensor onto the back of the phone or something.
    Dark is fine. But you have to open your eyes and have the phone oriented somewhat aligned with your face. I just look at the lock symbol while i swipe up.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Name:  buster.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  16.3 KB
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    Dark is fine. But you have to open your eyes and have the phone oriented somewhat aligned with your face. I just look at the lock symbol while i swipe up.
    You can also turn off the eyes open security feature. It's on by default, turn it off and you can swipe up with eyes closed, but that increases the risk of someone developing a 3D model of your head to get access to your dick pics.

My Ride
    ute

FTFY

bahahahahahahhahahah

Page 68 of 192 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 78 ... LastLast