Quantcast
Apple Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 192 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

Default Apple Thread

Apple: Announcement, updates, problems put them below.

Apple iPhone 7 is set to be reveal on Sept. 7, 2016.
    http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2016/

Rumors: Lighting cable headphones?
    New Camera?
    Storage/Capacity starting at 32GB?
    Waterproof?
    Not an iPhone 7, but a step back from Apple? iPhone 6 SE?

What else are you guys expecting?

Edit: rename the title.
    Last edited by ThePlaymaker; 08-30-2016 at 11:22 PM.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Some new fucking macbook and mac pro's

Too late anyways since I just built a new hackintosh

And here I thought we'd be discussing apple turnovers and pie. Mmmm, pie.
    Will fuck off, again.

All my stuff is Apple, but I'm not seeing or hearing anything I need until 2018.

Other than a bigger screen than my iPhone 6, my wants are limited. Could easily get by with a 6S and will do so when I can find a two used models in silver/grey.

Waterproof?: Why? Closest I get to open water is a toilet and my iPhone is not what I am holding.

Lighting cable headphones?: Wonderful. My $350 earphones are now garbage. I'll stick to a plugin thank-you.

New Camera?: If a quality photo is a desired need, buy a fucking $200 pocket camera. I'd spend $400+ but that's just me.

Unless I see a new 29" plus retina monitor, Apple has me only buying replacement cables for iPhones.

Am I the only one looking at Samsung phones? I used to ignore them.
    Last edited by Minimalist; 08-30-2016 at 07:15 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Waterproof is useful for me because I spend the summers at the lake and shoot a lot of video in the water. Right now I ziplock my phone to prevent water exposure which is retarded.

The dual lens camera is going to be awesome. The Huawei P9 already demonstrates the potential of a dual lens setup. If Apple can do it better and do it for videos, I'm sold. The benchmark in this area is the lytro camera where you can adjust focal points and dof after a shot has been taken. The P9 is pretty mediocre with the effect, doesn't work well for objects without well defined edges.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

EU is trying to hit apple with a sizeable tax bill

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by ercchry
    EU is trying to hit apple with a sizeable tax bill
    Yea, Ireland is pissed about that. Talks of Irexit.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

I will probably get it.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

How can you call this thread "Mega" when it is not even one page long. Over-hyped like Apple products.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by rage2

Yea, Ireland is pissed about that. Talks of Irexit.
    I'd imagine they are IRA-te about it.
    Last edited by revelations; 08-30-2016 at 11:35 PM.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
    How can you call this thread "Mega" when it is not even one page long. Over-hyped like Apple products.
    No kidding. I looked at the replies/views when I saw "MEGA" in the title and was disappointed.

Still, I will buy this like I buy a new iPhone every year.

I would absolutely love to get the new iphone... but fck they keep getting more and more expensive!

The dual lens set up is really intriguing, otherwise the other "rumors" for it are pretty bland. IMO.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I started recently using a iphone 6 for work (16 gig) and its alright but fuck do i hate the way apple does its autocorrect. On an android it autocorrects but then that word is highlighted so you can click on it and change it back to what you had typed in - with apple you have to fucking retype it 3 times.

I also dont like how the lightning charger is so fucking fussy about the cable. I was using a "cheap" cable for about a month and now it wont accept it because it doesnt like the accessory cable. Plug it into the official one and theres no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by nzwasp
    I started recently using a iphone 6 for work (16 gig) and its alright but fuck do i hate the way apple does its autocorrect. On an android it autocorrects but then that word is highlighted so you can click on it and change it back to what you had typed in - with apple you have to fucking retype it 3 times.

I also dont like how the lightning charger is so fucking fussy about the cable. I was using a "cheap" cable for about a month and now it wont accept it because it doesnt like the accessory cable. Plug it into the official one and theres no issues.
    Download gboard, google keyboard on ios. Funny because I'm so used to ios autocorrect that I'm terrible with gboard.

Lightning cables, you have to know which cheap ones to buy. I've had some of the cheap ones from ncix die after a month. It's not that apple won't accept the cable, it's that the cheap cable fucking breaks inside. IIRC the brand was Linke, and NCIX doesn't carry them anymore.

^^ It's probably Ringke - they make really high quality third party cables. I've bought a lot of them over the years and are often better than OEM haha.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I was talking about the shit cables that broke within a month. I bought 4 of them and they were all toast in no time. They were supposedly mfi certified too, which I highly suspect it was BS haha.

edit - these guys.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/linke-usb...-7f-96110.html

They were on sale, $30 for 4. The reviews are hilarious:

Broke quickly

Doesn't work

Cable is not the right size for iPhones etc.. If you wiggle the cable or press one side of it down so the connectors touch inside the phone it will start charging but when you let go it disconnects.

No fault of NCIX, however there is a significant defect with the construction of this cable. The first broke after less than a day, and we RMA'd it back. The second lasted a week, and the RMA'd cable replacement lasted 2 days. The lightning connector separates from the cable housing and stays lodged in the device. Each cable broke exactly the same way.

Broke after a week

the lightning ends come off.

Purchased 4 and they all worked well at the start but over time the ends come apart. They are held in place by 4 small tabs and no matter how gentle they were removed from my ipad all but 1 is till intact.
    I'm sure there are tons of other shit brands out there that suffer the same fate.

Can't say I'm thrilled about the audio jack being removed. I have older beats and monster coppers which I guess would mean I'd have to take my old phone to the gym for music. But when I'm hanging around the house don't want two phones in my pocket :/

For those who have blue tooth headphones obviously don't give a shit. Lots of rumors/speculation on them including wireless bluetooth buds, but more than likely at a premium$.

My 5S is definitely due for an upgrade, I'll see what official changes come out and prices. Maybe it would be a good time to find a cheap 6S+ to switch over to. All I know is the 5S is to the point where my battery life disappears. Phone will be at 80% or less by 9-930am with almost no usage. Sits plugged in almost all day long now

Originally posted by rage2
    I was talking about the shit cables that broke within a month. I bought 4 of them and they were all toast in no time. They were supposedly mfi certified too, which I highly suspect it was BS haha.
    Oh haha my bad, probably weren't Ringke then - similar name I guess.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If they actually do remove the headphone jack they will definitely include an adapter. At the end of the day whats the difference between having an extra 1.5 inch adapter cable on the end of your headphones?

Certainly not worth using 2 phones over...

I'm not saying its a good or bad move, that remains to be seen. Just saying at the end of the day people will move on. No different than any of the companies using USB-C

For me its just one less port to clean lint out of every few months.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by colinxx235
    Can't say I'm thrilled about the audio jack being removed. I have older beats and monster coppers which I guess would mean I'd have to take my old phone to the gym for music. But when I'm hanging around the house don't want two phones in my pocket :/
    99.9% sure if they are going to remove the audio jack, it's going to come with a lightning to audio jack cable, or available to purchase. Apple isn't retarded, since there are so little lightning headphones on the market today. The removal of the audio jack is so blown out of proportion and will be a non issue by Wednesday.

Page 1 of 192 1 2 11 ... LastLast