Page 120 of 192 FirstFirst ... 110 119 120 121 130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone on here still rocking an X?

Mine is starting to get borderline unusable, it’s practically ready to overheat after simple internet browsing for the last 30 minutes (tried taking my case off which didn’t help), battery is solidly into “service” territory saying 85% of original which I don’t believe for a minute.

Wondering if it was the last iOS update but I don’t remember it ever being like this before. Wondering if anyone else has experienced their X on its last legs.

September updates can’t come soon enough.
    I for sure am still using an X. It still works fine for me. I got it exchanged in Apple before my AppleCare expired due to battery concerns. At this time, it still runs perfectly.

I usually wait for big hardware changes (until Apple remove the notch on top) before I upgrade. I went from iPhone 6 to an X. I am waiting to see what it would look like this coming Fall.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    That's not how it works.

Geekbench is an architecture benchmark only - an A14 has nowhere near the power of a higher wattage Intel i5 processor and Geekbench cannot be used to accurately compare entire systems either, especially ones that are actively cooled.
    But the result on ARM is thru Rosetta 2. And at this point its just bench racing. IRL is probably worse.

My Ride
    This and that.

Is the new TV for sure happening this year? If not, then I rather pick up the 4K now. They are offering 1 year free subscription of Apple TV + with it so that's a bonus.

PS: I still have the iPhone XS Max and while 'battery life' setting shows around 90% now, it's not terrible. I waiting for the 12 to be announced in September before I upgrade as I feel it's kind of a wasted getting the 11 Pro right now. Depends on the deals that can be had as well though I guess.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 06-30-2020 at 08:06 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Mine is starting to get borderline unusable, it’s practically ready to overheat after simple internet browsing for the last 30 minutes (tried taking my case off which didn’t help), battery is solidly into “service” territory saying 85% of original which I don’t believe for a minute.

Wondering if it was the last iOS update but I don’t remember it ever being like this before. Wondering if anyone else has experienced their X on its last legs.

The new iOS update will definitely be pushing the X
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    But the result on ARM is thru Rosetta 2. And at this point its just bench racing. IRL is probably worse.
    Geekbench literally just compares architectures. Apple has similarly efficient architecture to Intel, etc. which is why you see comparable scores. That is the end of it as far as Geekbench results go. It does not mean that a 3W Apple CPU would perform the same in say, Cinebench or a game as a desktop CPU that has the same or even a much lower Geekbench score. For any other purpose or comparison the results are irrelevant, and a lot of people do not understand this (hence why people erroneously go around saying X mobile CPU is as fast as an Intel i5 or X smartphone is as fast as some entire laptop, etc.) A 3W A(X) CPU running at ~2Ghz without any active cooling whatsoever is not even in the same universe as say, a 45W laptop CPU boosting to 4.8Ghz with a fan. Even if you used two of them it would not even get you close to entry level desktop i5 getting fed ~70 times the power and clocked ~2.5 times higher.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Here's an interesting one. Not sure how many of you are anti-pirate and actually rent/buy content, looks like Apple is now discounting movies purchases if you've rented it before. Not sure if this is an exception for the Theater to Home rentals or what, but it's definitely a nice bonus. Rented Trolls World Tour for the kids for $20 when it came out as rental only, and purchased the movie bundle (with original Trolls) for $25. Got this email today.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 3.04.11 PM.png
Views: 370
Size:  31.7 KB

Didn't find any trace of this happening to anyone.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Here's an interesting one. Not sure how many of you are anti-pirate and actually rent/buy content, looks like Apple is now discounting movies purchases if you've rented it before. Not sure if this is an exception for the Theater to Home rentals or what, but it's definitely a nice bonus. Rented Trolls World Tour for the kids for $20 when it came out as rental only, and purchased the movie bundle (with original Trolls) for $25. Got this email today.

When I get my iphone I am going to get an apple tv as google play movies is terrible.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

Still have an X. I have to charge the battery halfway through the day now. I used to be able to have it last until evening. My battery capacity says 84%. I’ll most likely upgrade this year. I’ve upgraded every time there is a redesign, iPhone 4 -> 6 -> X.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

It’s like a rent to own program.

I also purchased it and rented it (twice, damn kids) between the time the offer is applicable for but haven’t received a letter like that.

My Ride
    This and that.

Can someone explain to me how the hell does Apple TV+ works? So I got the Apple TV 4K today and received 1-year free subscription of Apple TV + with it. I signed up and all after setting up the Apple TV to the projector and on the home screen see the Apple TV app. I open it and there are tons of movies and whatnot in there but everything is paid. Either rent or buy.

If it's all paid anyway what the hell is the $5.99 per month subscription for? Or is there another app that I need to get or something? Opening that Apple TV app goes on a page with a few tabs 'watch now' 'movies' 'tv shows' and regardless of where I browse all seem to be paid, except I saw Gemini Man under 'watch now' category and when I clicked it, it played in my Prime App. So not quite sure what the heck Apple TV+ is for...

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think it’s anything as rare as you seem to think. Browsing through titles I saw this and it seems it’s just a promo they are running for everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It’s a subscription service with some content. The content isn’t great hence why it’s given away for free with any device purchase for a year.

Look for the Apple TV+ content Section.

Aside from that what you are seeing is just iTunes like it’s been for years. The rentals and purchases.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

85%??? Those are rookie numbers!

Name:  925FA109-1E1E-436C-8539-3CC973B8B26A.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  30.2 KB

6s Plus spends most of its time plugged into something... it’s also a little bent to go along with the smashed lens, screen? Still perfect... maybe i will get a 12 when they’re released... but no 5G at launch is the rumour? Shit... might have this relic for a while still

My Ride
    Exploded.

My XS camera shit the bed and got it replaced but it’s still not working. I’m thinking the circuit might be fucked so replacement time.

11 Pro or the SE?
    Doing It For the 'Gram

My Ride
    This and that.

So I just picked up a Surface 7 Pro over the weekend as I found that I needed a Windows based tablet for my needs more than iOS. So, my 2nd gen 10.5" iPad Pro, 256GB Wifi model with keyboard and Apple Pencil is gonna be up for sale. I am likely gonna throw it on Kijiji unless someone here has any interest. They are all in great condition and based on my research I am thinking $1000 for the package is reasonable. But someone feel free to correct me on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    My XS camera shit the bed and got it replaced but it’s still not working. I’m thinking the circuit might be fucked so replacement time.

11 Pro or the SE?
    Unless you absolutely can't do without the camera for a month or two, 11 Pro will be best. But I would wait until the 12 personally.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Might wait it out then. The telephoto works; wide angle doesn’t. Weird thing to fail
    Doing It For the 'Gram

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post

11 Pro or the SE?
    do you have apple care or have it repaired by apple? first time I've heard the camera fail
    +1 on waiting for announcement of Iphone 12 or price drop on the 11 Pro.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I read in passing something about the 12 being delayed into Oct.

My Ride
    Exploded.

No Apple Care and I went to a third-party repair agent who's going to fix it again. Yeah, it was an odd thing to fail. If the second camera part swap doesn't work, I have a spare XS so will swap it and wait for the 12 Pro announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    do you have apple care or have it repaired by apple? first time I've heard the camera fail
    +1 on waiting for announcement of Iphone 12 or price drop on the 11 Pro.
    Last edited by flipstah; 08-18-2020 at 08:51 AM.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

My Ride
    V8s

Standard Airpods, no. AirPod pros, absolutely. I’m on my 3rd set of pros because of shit trapped in the noise cancelling microphone mesh which destroys noise cancelling. Apparently it’s the adhesive securing the mesh breaking apart.
    Just apple cared my pros for the first time, have had them since January. I take great care of my stuff, I'm a little surprised they failed this quickly. Only the right one went, and they only replaced the right one (I was kinda hoping for a new set). Countdown is on til the left one goes.

Weird though, the apple employee that helped me out said every one she's seen it's only the right one that goes

Page 120 of 192 FirstFirst ... 110 119 120 121 130 ... LastLast