Apple Thread - Page 81 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 81 of 192 FirstFirst ... 71 80 81 82 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Nah man it’s for teh g4mez
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I'd buy and run Windoez in bootcamp.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

think of all the 8K Beyond threads you can whore in...

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    This unit is for music, video, app and content creators. Anyone buying this for a home PC is a baller or needs meds
    I know what it's intended for, but that doesn't change anything

The stand alone for their monitor is $1000 USD lol.

I can't help but think there is some sort of internal competition going on to see what each department can get people to pay for.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I know what it's intended for, but that doesn't change anything

The stand alone for their monitor is $1000 USD lol.

I can't help but think there is some sort of internal competition going on to see what each department can get people to pay for.
    during the keynote you could hear the crowd gasp when they announced that price. Who would honestly buy the mount. Even the vesa mount was stupid expensive. I can’t see that monitor mount actually selling more then a few hundred, but I have learned to never underestimate the Apple consumer.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    during the keynote you could hear the crowd gasp when they announced that price. Who would honestly buy the mount. Even the vesa mount was stupid expensive. I can’t see that monitor mount actually selling more then a few hundred, but I have learned to never underestimate the Apple consumer.
    True, people who have no idea what it even does will still buy it for the logo, along with the Mac Pro 6 years from now when it still has the exact same hardware and exact same price lol.

I was reading on reddit from a person in the crowd and he said they all booed it, which threw the presenter off guard haha - I didn't see it myself though.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

True, people who have no idea what it even does will still buy it for the logo, along with the Mac Pro 6 years from now when it still has the exact same hardware and exact same price lol.

I was reading on reddit from a person in the crowd and he said they all booed it, which threw the presenter off guard haha - I didn't see it myself though.
    It was more of a resounding groan then a boo but yes, it totally threw off the presenter as he paused and stuttered when the crowd did it. I imagine they all felt it and hopefully it has them wake up on the pricing.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

While crazy overpriced, that pro screen is pretty epic in terms of specs.

Does it really have any true competitors?

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

Vizio PQ65-F1.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    vizio pq65-f1.
    lol

fact.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Vizio PQ65-F1.
    I'd argue the Vizio is superior. Nits, I need MOAR nits!

It's really not anything special at all from what they have advertised so far.

There is no way to properly and regularly calibrate it with a 14bit hardware LUT and colorimeter from what I can see on their product page. It has true tone, but that is not the same thing and the very first thing you want to do when editing is disable true tone.

If you don't want a glossy monitor (anyone doing critical work does not), the anti-glare coating is another $1000 USD.

6K is not a common resolution, though it is used occasionally in the movie world and IMAX. Very rarely is it ever used for consumption. 8K would have made way more sense if they were trying to wow people with big numbers and offer something future-proof for a little longer.

It can go very bright (1600 nits) but professional editing is usually done in the 90-110 nit range to be accurate.

The number of local dimming zones is very unimpressive compared to other monitors.

I don't see any details on how it maintains a perfectly even backlight even as the monitor ages, but it might have something like that still. Other good monitors do.

Dell offers an 8K monitor for similar money that looks like a better product.

I also don't think any of these monitors can do 100% REC 2020 yet either. Current TV's also don't even come close to covering it, but it'll likely be soon. For that kind of money you'd probably want it to cover all the popular colorspaces.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

6K is not a common resolution, though it is used occasionally in the movie world and IMAX. Very rarely is it ever used for consumption. 8K would have made way more sense if they were trying to wow people with big numbers and offer something future-proof for a little longer.
    I think the point of 5k and 6k monitors is that you can edit Native 4k and still have space for toolbars and such.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

From what I understand the Apple display completely smokes the dell in terms of contrast and brightness. And has some very interesting hardware features going along with it.

Whether it’s worth 5k is entirely debate able. Time will tell whether it gets any traction.

From what I hear it’s pretty incredible in person, hopefully some local apple stores end up with a demo mode in store because it would be pretty sweet to see in person.

fact.

From what I understand the Apple display completely smokes the dell in terms of contrast and brightness. And has some very interesting hardware features going along with it.

Whether it’s worth 5k is entirely debate able. Time will tell whether it gets any traction.

From what I hear it’s pretty incredible in person, hopefully some local apple stores end up with a demo mode in store because it would be pretty sweet to see in person.
    I'm sure it looks amazing to the average person walking through an Apple store or if you want to watch a HDR movie on a super tiny display (though I don't think it's bright enough for rage2 haha). A properly calibrated monitor with accurate color and brightness does not look good to most people (i.e. it will not be juiced up with hugely inaccurate values of brightness, contrast, and saturation). They typically look dull compared to what our eyes are generally conditioned to looking at on our smartphone displays, TVs and computer monitors. The things it seems to excel at don't really go hand-in-hand with professional editing/creative work, and at least based on available information, it is missing absolutely critical features of professional editing/creative work (like a 14bit LUT to keep it calibrated properly). Maybe we don't have all the info yet but from their currently released specs, it's a bit of a head scratcher. Without question it's grossly overpriced, but I think we'd all be surprised if it wasn't haha.

As far as just looking good with general or demo content, an OLED or high end LCD should look better for most things to the average person.

Basically, for critical editing work you'd be better off with a monitor that costs a fraction of that price, and for HDR movies or other general viewing, you'd be better off with a high end TV or projector also costing a fraction of the price, and much larger than 32". It's just an odd product at a ridiculous price IMO.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm sure it looks amazing to the average person walking through an Apple store or if you want to watch a HDR movie on a super tiny display (though I don't think it's bright enough for rage2 haha). A properly calibrated monitor with accurate color and brightness does not look good to most people (i.e. it will not be juiced up with hugely inaccurate values of brightness, contrast, and saturation). They typically look dull compared to what our eyes are generally conditioned to looking at on our smartphone displays, TVs and computer monitors. The things it seems to excel at don't really go hand-in-hand with professional editing/creative work, and at least based on available information, it is missing absolutely critical features of professional editing/creative work (like a 14bit LUT to keep it calibrated properly). Maybe we don't have all the info yet but from their currently released specs, it's a bit of a head scratcher. Without question it's grossly overpriced, but I think we'd all be surprised if it wasn't haha.

As far as just looking good with general or demo content, an OLED or high end LCD should look better for most things to the average person.

Basically, for critical editing work you'd be better off with a monitor that costs a fraction of that price, and for HDR movies or other general viewing, you'd be better off with a high end TV or projector also costing a fraction of the price, and much larger than 32". It's just an odd product at a ridiculous price IMO.
    All they need to do is plug in an Apple TV 4K, and run the 4K HDR screensavers in a loop to blow you away. Calibrated screens only look flat prior to HDR. With wide color and high peak brightness, HDR video pops out with a lifelike realism without the exaggerated colors in showroom vivid modes. OLED looks good, but that peak brightness adds another dimension that OLED simply cant compete with.

That said, it’s overpriced to shit, and no clue who it’s really targeted for. Dolby’s reference monitors that Hollywood uses to master DV runs 4000nits, but costs 6 figures. I guess indie filmmakers that want to master films in HDR would use it?
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

A $1,000USD monitor stand, how many of the Apple fanboys or ballers will be getting this?

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/sci...1_4451448.html
    Will fuck off, again.

Does it grate Parmesan cheese?
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Seriously though, the honeycomb airvents reminds me of a completely unoptimized version of a Zotac mini pc.

Zotac actually went through mini-pc cases and modelled airflow through the hundreds of honeycomb vents, and would block and open each one (I'm assuming at least a 1 million variation pattern) to figure out optimal airflow given fan design and things like motherboard and cable blockage.

Its actually kind of neat to see the level of AI put into the case openings. This Apple on the otherhand, seems like they put no effort into it.

I always though the Zotac design would be enhanced to allow things like hexagonal blocks made of sound absorbing materials (so that you could put it over a fan spindle, where there is no air movement, but could be used to deaden noise) or popped out to give extra airflow in air cavities that will shift based on whats actually inside the PC.

If this the "best" Apple - I can imagine Dell might come back to be brand leader in a few years. Dell.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-05-2019 at 07:31 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

After some reading (mostly memes haha) it looks like that $5k monitor and $1k stand is targeted for film professionals as I guessed. It's competing with stuff like this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...reference.html

So in proper context, it's actually a good deal, and not intended for consumers. Probably never see one in an Apple store.

Page 81 of 192 FirstFirst ... 71 80 81 82 91 ... LastLast