Apple Thread - Page 115 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 115 of 192 FirstFirst ... 105 114 115 116 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Dell XPS 13 is on sale right now with similar spec (maybe better as it's running i5 10210U) at 1300.

Been using an old MBP as daily computer for the past 3-4 weeks and I like it.
    Mac OS UI definitely feels more polished than Windows making browsing and launching an app more pleasant whereas on Windows always felt like a chore haha.

Thinking of trying a MBA later on when I'm really really bored.
    The price on the old XPS13 was basically the same. Maybe $10 cheaper for MBA thru edu pricing (no edu pricing for Dell that I could find). Only reason I went with MBA was because it's just easier to use for kids. Less tech support, although Google Meet and Google Classrooms is really testing my patience with how crappy the UI is for kids.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Apple releases the new 13" Macbook Pro with the Magic Keyboard.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15760...13-macbook-pro

Prices:
    https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-ma...ok-pro/13-inch
    I might upgrade end of this year or early next year. Buuuut.....my 2011 MBP still works. Its like the Honda CRV of laptops.
    I changed the battery last year and I just ordered some new memory. Lets see if the memory boost keeps it chugging along.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    I might upgrade end of this year or early next year. Buuuut.....my 2011 MBP still works. Its like the Honda CRV of laptops.
    I changed the battery last year and I just ordered some new memory. Lets see if the memory boost keeps it chugging along.
    Not just Macs, Surface Pros have also worked well. Apple and Microsoft both have great hardware, just too bad Microsoft didn't do too well in making Windows 10 run perfectly on the SPs. Along with my 12" Macbook, my old SP2 and SP4 are still running great with family with excellent battery life. My 12" Macbook is still good for 6 hours of usage before the battery dies, and that's with the OS complaining that it needs battery service.

The old Dells and HPs that we have from work all aged poorly. Dead batteries, dead ports. They feel like old laptops.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I haven't looked into it much, but is there really a point to wait for the mmWave versions? Realistically, if you upgrade in 2 years, the 5G network still won't be fully rolled out.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I would say that’s fair. Realistically having a 5G radio at all in 2020 is going to be a gimmick.

Doesn’t mean the 2020 iPhone won’t be worth getting, I just wouldn’t kill yourself just to get 5G.

The main issue with 5G is there is a good chance battery life is going to blow.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    No need to upgrade to newer apple hardware for normal everyday tasks, I just got rid of my 2009 MacBook pro, thing was maxed out at 8GB ram, but the real upgrade was a ssd (a second one) instead of the dvd drive, combined the two disk drives into a RAID array. Currently running a late 2013 MBP
    Last edited by tha_bandit; 05-04-2020 at 03:13 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Omgomgomg

12 pro ooof with 5G, 120hz refresh, and LiDAR wtf

https://www.tomsguide.com/amp/news/l...iphone-12-news

Also my MBP kept crashing recently but I think it’s an MS Teams fault than anything.
    Last edited by flipstah; 05-22-2020 at 09:07 PM.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    Grimace

I am looking forward to the 128gb base. I am guessing due to currency it will bump up here to $1399. Gimme that usb-c though you cowards.

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Have a question maybe that can be answered here. Tried AppleCare twice yesterday, and got hung up on twice.

My Apple TV 4K is displaying some of my 4K movies in HD. These are newly purchased and updated movies. When I open the info box while the movie is playing, the medallion shows HD instead of 4K, or is missing completely. Any way to fix this, without Apple support? Thanks.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post
    Have a question maybe that can be answered here. Tried AppleCare twice yesterday, and got hung up on twice.

My Apple TV 4K is displaying some of my 4K movies in HD. These are newly purchased and updated movies. When I open the info box while the movie is playing, the medallion shows HD instead of 4K, or is missing completely. Any way to fix this, without Apple support? Thanks.
    What do you mean updated? These are purchased through the Movies app? What specific movies?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Omgomgomg

12 pro ooof with 5G, 120hz refresh, and LiDAR wtf
    Interesting. None of this does anything for me whatsoever. 5G is the only big one, but I wouldn't pay extra for that for at least another year. To be of any utility, infrastructure has to be widely installed and we are still a long way from that.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    What do you mean updated? These are purchased through the Movies app? What specific movies?
    Updated from HD to 4K by Apple. An example is the Mission Impossible set. Through the movies app, go to purchased, it says 4K, but when you play it, it says HD. Transformers collection has been downgraded completely.

Checked them in iTunes, and I’m supposed to have the 4K versions.
    Last edited by ZMan2k2; 05-23-2020 at 10:44 AM.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Interesting. None of this does anything for me whatsoever. 5G is the only big one, but I wouldn't pay extra for that for at least another year. To be of any utility, infrastructure has to be widely installed and we are still a long way from that.
    Depends on what phone you are rocking now, we've got 8+'s so its a nice jump for us.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post
    Updated from HD to 4K by Apple. An example is the Mission Impossible set. Through the movies app, go to purchased, it says 4K, but when you play it, it says HD. Transformers collection has been downgraded completely.

Checked them in iTunes, and I’m supposed to have the 4K versions.
    Checked to make sure your Apple TV was set to 4K? Dumb question but if it’s not setup right it won’t even show the 4K version

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Checked to make sure your Apple TV was set to 4K? Dumb question but if it’s not setup right it won’t even show the 4K version
    This. Make sure it’s set to output to 4K or it won’t play in 4K. While you’re at it make sure you set match range and frame rate too so it outputs the proper hdr modes.

I’ve been watching the MI series this week so it’s definitely 4K Dolby vision and atmos here. Just checked that and transformers they’re all playing 4K.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    Depends on what phone you are rocking now, we've got 8+'s so its a nice jump for us.
    Totally. But an XS max, 11, 11 pro max would be a good jump too and don't have superfluous features.

To be fair though if you keep your phones for 3+ years, my point isn't as valid because its feasible 5G will be more broadly expanded by then.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m in a X, definitely time for an upgrade for me. Might try the jumbo this time, I fuck around in my phone... a lot.

Honestly it could be an 11 Pro with a spec bump and I would buy it, smartphones haven’t had a killer feature in years anyway.

Doesn’t mean it will be a bad phone.

fact.

My Ride

A TV is set to 4K SDR, match range and frame rate. My concern is, when you start the movie, then open the info window, the version medallion says HD. But I have other movies, like The Martian, that says 4K. All movies bought through iTunes.

My Ride

To further, movies are mislabeled. They seem to play in 4K, but in the info window, resolution is missing, wrong, or it says "Not Rated". Is this something Apple fixes on their end, because I've tried damn near everything.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Have you contacted Apple?

fact.

Page 115 of 192 FirstFirst ... 105 114 115 116 125 ... LastLast