Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 126 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 126 of 193 FirstFirst ... 116 125 126 127 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anecdotally based on scanning some RFD threads, i think carriers only started offering device credits recently this year. Mostly i've seen them tied to device financing, which is essentially their new way of doing contracts without calling them contracts.

And with Shaw mobile being recently launched i have a hunch the big 3 might be pretty aggressive on Black Friday deals but I guess we'll see.
    I guess I glossed over "device credits" and my brain just read "deal on device". Sorry, but what's the difference between, say, a deal like "new iPhone 12 for $0 on 2 year plan" and a "device credit"?

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    I guess I glossed over "device credits" and my brain just read "deal on device". Sorry, but what's the difference between, say, a deal like "new iPhone 12 for $0 on 2 year plan" and a "device credit"?
    Well they used to do "tabs" which basically added a tiered amount on to the monthly fee (i.e. $10 for small, $30 medium, $50 large based on the type of phone), and you generally had to pay an upfront amount for the phone as well so it was really hard to know the value of what you were getting.

Now it's a more transparent device financing directly linked to the cost of the phone, but they also give discounts off the phone which i mean as the device credit. So say a phone costs $1200 and you do a 2 year device finance, you pay $50 a month (1200/24). But then they can add the device credit for specific phones (say $600) so now it would be 600/24 = $25 extra per month. I believe it's also harder to cancel your contract with this new format so that's the tradeoff.

Personally I never did any of those tab type of plans and instead just bought my phones from Apple, but the new way of doing things is way more transparent so i'd be willing to go with it if there is enough of a device credit to make it worthwhile. If not i'd just buy it from Apple. No free financing if you buy from Apple but at least you don't have a contract either.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Are these a good deal? Don’t need the fancy Pros

https://m.visions.ca/#!/home-product...2&sku=MV7N2AMA

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Are these a good deal? Don’t need the fancy Pros

https://m.visions.ca/#!/home-product...2&sku=MV7N2AMA
    Link just leads to the main page, but assume you are asking about the first gen AirPods? They do the trick, but are now 4 years old so a $32 savings is nothing to write home about. The AirPod Pro's are much better in everyway, but of course the extra $100 can be tough to swallow.

My Ride
    Grimace

Finally, some leaks. Sounds like 12 and 12 pro would be ready right away, and mini/max November.

Translation from reddit
    Reliable Apple leaker Kang 康总: 97.8% accurate posted a series of leaks on Weibo for the upcoming iPhone 12 and HomePod. The below is translated by Duan Rui (source).

HomePod mini

$99 3.3 inches high S5 chip

iPhone 12 series

iPhone 12 mini 5.4 inch $699 black, white, red, blue, green
    iPhone 12 6.1 inch $799 black, white, red, blue, green
    iPhone 12 Pro 6.1 inch $999 gold, silver, graphite, blue
    iPhone 12 Pro Max 6.7 inch $1099 gold, silver, graphite, blue
    The iPhone 12 series are not equipped with chargers and headphones.
    All four models with 5G and only US models with mmWave standard.
    iPhone 12 mini / iPhone 12 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
    iPhone 12 Pro / iPhone 12 Pro Max 128GB / 256GB / 512GB
    The iPhone 12 series of screens are called Super Retina XDR Display, new screen glass technology, Ceramic Shield Front Cover, which is simply ceramic substrate glass, which increases the hardness and resistance to drop.
    Smart Data Mode. My understanding is that 4G/5G is allocated according to the application bandwidth. Specific big data throughput applications use 5G, which is estimated to save power.
    iPhone 12 Pro (6.1 inches): Three shots (wide-angle, ultra-wide-angle, telephoto) + LiDAR, wide-angle with the new 7P lens, ƒ/1.6, 52mm focal length telephoto, the entire system can provide 4x optical zoom.
    iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7 inches): Three shots (wide-angle, ultra-wide-angle, telephoto) + LiDAR, wide-angle with the new 7P lens, ƒ/1.6, 65mm focal length telephoto, the entire system can provide 5x optical zoom.
    The difference between iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro is that the 12 Pro Max has a larger sensor (47% larger sensor with 1.7μm pixels), and the word "Expansive" is added before the description of the 12 Pro Max ultra-wide angle.
    Both Deep Fusion and night scene modes have become better, and Smart HDR also has a new upgrade, which is Smart HDR
    The wireless charging is renamed Magsafe, and two new wireless chargers will be launched, namely Magsafe Charger and Magsafe Duo Charger.
    The iPhone 12 series can shoot Dolby Vision directly.
    Wireless charging power increased to 15W
    The pre-order date of the iPhone 12 Mini (5.4 inches) is scheduled for November 6, and it will be released on November 13.
    The pre-order date for the iPhone 12 (6.1 inches) is scheduled for October 16 and will be released on October 23.
    The pre-order date of the iPhone 12 Pro (6.1 inches) is scheduled for October 16, and it will be released on October 23.
    The pre-order date of the iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7 inches) is scheduled for November 13 and will be released on November 20.

Edit: Updated availability, 5G, data mode and screen details.

Darn, nothing about Touch ID And sucks that the camera sensor on the Pro is shittier than the Pro Max but I guess that’s somewhat expected.

Looking forward to seeing what the Blue looks like though.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Dolby Vision shooting? Wonder how that even works. That’s usually done in post since sensors doesn’t have anywhere close to the dynamic range needed to capture Dolby vision output.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Dolby Vision shooting? Wonder how that even works. That’s usually done in post since sensors doesn’t have anywhere close to the dynamic range needed to capture Dolby vision output.
    It's probably just a gimmick similar to laptops and smartphones that advertise things like Dolby Atmos speakers.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Darn, nothing about Touch ID And sucks that the camera sensor on the Pro is shittier than the Pro Max but I guess that’s somewhat expected.

Looking forward to seeing what the Blue looks like though.
    Yeah, I was hoping it was going to be included due the difficulty of masks vs face unlock. Perhaps too late in the development process.
    The blue though I am guessing would match the series 6 watch blue. Wish they kept the green around as that was a really cool color.

Unclear if we will get a lower price due to no mmwave which was adding $100 for example on the Pixel 5 in the US.

I was really hoping for an under-screen touch ID sensor as well. Having to type in my password 100 times a day while wearing a mask sucks. Not looking promising based on the leaks but that might come out in the keynote.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Sounds to me like we will need alot more memory then these phones will have if we are going to shoot video.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

iPhone 12Pro Max 512GB looks like a $2500 phone. LOL

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Looking forward to the 5.4”.

Should be perfect.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Looking forward to the 5.4”.

Should be perfect.
    That's what she said.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    That's what she said.
    lol

My X is still surprisingly fast and the videos are still so good at 4k. I am still waiting for them to get rid of that notch on the screen!
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    That's what she said.
    Totally walked into that one. Hahah.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    This and that.

I am eagerly waiting for his. Hoping for a quick availability. Want to upgrade from the XS Max finally.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Can't wait either. Hoping for Touch ID, but I doubt it will be on the 12. Hopefully there's some good features that are worth getting a 12 Pro over an 11 Pro, otherwise I'll save a few bucks.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Looking forward to the 5.4 iphone to replace my og SE but offering 64gb as the base model in 2020 is lame
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Looking forward to the 5.4 iphone to replace my og SE but offering 64gb as the base model in 2020 is lame
    I am also holding out hope, just cringe evert time watching my mom trying to handle all phones from recent years, 5.5" or larger. A 5.4 in 16:9 ratio would be perfect size for her.

Lucky for her use case, 64GB is plenty.

Hoping touch ID on the power button and USB c from iPad Air 4 comes to iPhone 12.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 10-13-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Page 126 of 193 FirstFirst ... 116 125 126 127 136 ... LastLast