Apple Thread - Page 145 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 135 144 145
Results 2,881 to 2,886 of 2886

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    ‘Berta Special

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that I've had the MBA for almost a week, wanted to update on how it is as a daily driver. I spent Friday and the weekend using the base MBA 8gb for work. It only supported 1 external 4K screen so I had to change my workflow slightly. My experience basically mimics all the use case non benchmark testing that's out there, the MBA 8gb absolutely flies. Even with 8gb it does not feel like it's swapping at all, even though istat menus clearly shows it's swapping way more than my MBP i5 16gb. Between all my apps I easily have 20-25gb in use at any time. I have a shit ton of tabs and virtual desktops open, hundreds of tabs across Chrome and Safari, Zoom, and the occasional Photos and iMessages and the MBA didn't skip a beat. It feels WAY faster than the MBA. Everything from native M1 apps, to Office under Rosetta, just feels faster.

The biggest takeaway is the silence. With no fan, it's eerily quiet in the office. The MBP i5's fan is pretty much always on, so there's everything from an annoying whine to full blown jet engine depending if a tab goes crazy (Nest tab does that randomly). Never knew how much I've zoned out the fan until it's silent. The other thing is the wake. Every morning it takes a solid minute for the MBP to wake up and stabilize (from I'm assuming hibernation). Not so with the MBA. It just wakes up and starts working like I left it.

Still won't be replacing my actual work laptop with an M1 till it supports dual monitors, but for everything else, I can't see the need of going to 16GB or even a MBP especially since I hate the damn Touch Bar. Worked on a couple of iMovie edits over the weekend and really had zero complaints about the speed at all, since it's still 3x faster than the MBP i5. It's pretty impressive the level of improvement with really just a CPU change.
    You just need 2 MBA’s
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You just need 2 MBA’s
    There's dual monitor solutions already. Using display link as 2nd monitor, which includes its own graphics driver. Not really a clean setup. I can wait.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ferd furkus rs

I want one , but I gotta sell my late 2019 base quad core 13” mbp (256gb ssd, touchbar ) first ��

My Ride
    ‘Berta Special

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    There's dual monitor solutions already. Using display link as 2nd monitor, which includes its own graphics driver. Not really a clean setup. I can wait.
    That really surprises me, clearly the system is capable of rendering additional displays, TB3 is certainly not the bottleneck.

I actually have no idea why the 1 external monitor is a thing, product of them pushing so hard to get support for the stupid 6k Monitor?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

My Ride
    Grimace

Black Friday from apple. New apple tv on the way if the giftcard is so agressive? Might need to get the non 4k for apple fitness.

The gift card offer applies to the following Apple products below (updated!):

$70 – iPhone SE, iPhone 11, iPhone XR
    $35 – Apple Watch Series 3
    $35- AirPods Pro, AirPods with Wireless Charging Case, AirPods with Charging Case
    $70 – iPad mini
    $140 – iPad Pro
    $70 – MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020; not M1); in-store only
    $70 – MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports; not M1); in-store only
    $210 – 16″ MacBook Pro, 21.5″ iMac
    $70 – Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD,
    $140 – HomePod
    $70 – Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones, Beats Solo Pro Wireless Headphones, Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones, Powerbeats Pro, Powerbeats High-Performance Wireless Earphones

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Black Friday from apple. New apple tv on the way if the giftcard is so agressive? Might need to get the non 4k for apple fitness.
    Get the 4K. The performance difference is noticeable. I am running both in the house right now.
    My Tesla referral link: https://ts.la/moon14483

Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 135 144 145