Apple Thread - Page 89 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 89 of 192 FirstFirst ... 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What you bring up is a good point though, Apple isn't always the first because competitors throw out half baked solutions just to be first. Samsung's Face Unlock on the S8 was literally released as a useless feature just to be first by 6 months. It was comical how bad it was. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain no other face unlock allow NFC payments today still?
    If it is shit, Apple abandons it. Like Air Power or whatever it was. I know when they come out with a Foldable OLED screen, it isn't going to be a fiasco.

Anybody hear about the iphone being a major revision for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    The one I am scared about is the X. The 6 was ok, had to replace one of those. 7 was under apple care. Neither the X or the XS have used apple care. Apple is making money this round.
    I just replaced the screen on my x in Singapore and it cost me $400.00 Canadian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Give Apple creds that they are keeping low cost options which they weren't before. iPhone 11 is $50 cheaper than Xr and cheap iPad actually get smart connector and it would be the cheapest device that get you 1 year of Apple TV+.

A13 seems powerful to an already great A12. Video editing and processing is still quicker on iOS devices. I don't see anything from Android world that can keep up on these fronts even if other technical specs are inferior/lagging from Apple.
    The android world stopped making high end tablets a long time ago, as I mentioned already apple has that entire market for themselves pretty much. They do the best job at it and have the best tablet-specific apps. The android tablet value proposition has shifted to the ultra-low end like with the Amazon Fire tablets, which are hard to beat for $80 or whatever. On the phone side, as I've said before, processor speed stopped being a big deal years ago - if everything you do is already virtually instant, it doesn't really matter if this year's processor is 10% faster or 100% faster as long as every interaction with the device is still super fast and lag-free. Desktop processors have been struggling with that for a while now too. Everything including basic video/photo editing is pretty much instant on my Pixel 3XL at the moment, I don't expect any difference when the P4 comes out either and I am sure it's the exact same story on the new iPhones. It's not like people are commonly editing large RAW files or high bitrate log video on their phones though. Heavier editing duties sucks on everything that isn't a powerful PC - even a super tiny RAW file from my Mavic 2 Pro in Affinity on my iPad Pro 11 takes 6-7 seconds just to open and become viewable. I use LumaFusion for video editing and it can handle log footage but it's neither the fastest nor the most feature rich program - it's the best I've been able to find though. Phones from all manufacturers have been pretty well instant-fast for quite a while now, so the main differentiation seems to be on other fronts like the cameras, styling, or unique features like 3D touch or project Soli.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Is the P30 Pro Android with the App Store though? I thought they lost it. Also thanks, I’m hoping to snag a decent deal on Boxing Day so probably Pixel 4 vs S10+ vs 11 pro
    I don't know the full story with Huawei to be honest but I do believe there are some restrictions on their phones. I would never buy one anyway for a number of reasons, but a big one is if they get themselves in more trouble with he North American governments, I wouldn't want to be stuck with their hardware.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I don't know why these threads always have to become an Android versus Apple dick measuring contest. I like a good debate as much as the next guy but come on, both ecosystems are good and have lots of positives to discuss.

Its like a vegan jumping into the BBQ & Smoking thread talking about how steamed veggies are the way to go and way better then Barbecued meat. Sure its their opinion and that is fine; it just adds nothing to the conversation.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    I don't know why these threads always have to become an Android versus Apple dick measuring contest. I like a good debate as much as the next guy but come on, both ecosystems are good and have lots of positives to discuss.

Its like a vegan jumping into the BBQ & Smoking thread talking about how steamed veggies are the way to go and way better then Barbecued meat. Sure its their opinion and that is fine; it just adds nothing to the conversation.
    Dicks and Meat. There might be some dudes out there that need the new ultra-wide camera for dick picks. rage2 is clearly not one of them.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Dicks and Meat. There might be some dudes out there that need the new ultra-wide camera for dick picks. rage2 is clearly not one of them.
    What a dick!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Clearly HarmonyOS will defeat both Android and IOS.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Amazon FireOS which is basically just a shell for Android definitely went low-end, but in a good way. In Canada all the tablets they ship up here automatically have all the advertisements disabled by law. The last Fire 8 HD tablet I got was $52 Cdn shipped - A crazy deal by any proposition if you know how to spend 15 minutes to get google play on it.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    This and that.

So when you want to trade your old device to Apple do you just take the phone and box and accessories and ask for it to be traded towards a new phone? I am thinking over a couple hundred I am just gonna trade in my iPhone XS Max. They will give me $700 and perhaps on Kijiji it'll fetch a $1000 but the amount of headache is not worth it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don’t think they care about anything but the phone.

I also think condition factors into the value
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Would've liked to see higher refresh screens / 128gb base on the pro lineup. Not really worth upgrading if you have an XS unless you really want the camera upgrade IMO.
    Go Flames!

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    So when you want to trade your old device to Apple do you just take the phone and box and accessories and ask for it to be traded towards a new phone? I am thinking over a couple hundred I am just gonna trade in my iPhone XS Max. They will give me $700 and perhaps on Kijiji it'll fetch a $1000 but the amount of headache is not worth it.
    yep thats pretty much the process. Don't even think you need to give them the box or headphones... just phone, charger, and cable and they will give you back an apple store gift card.

that said, is it in good shape and how many GB? If you're in Calgary any time soon, depending on condition i would offer you $50 more than whatever apple is going to give you.

My Ride
    This and that.

It's in pretty good condition just the usual wear and tear. Bottom right corner has some extreme light blemishes somehow that are only visible in some lights (at least from where I am sitting tight now) lol. Gold, 64GB version. I think it might still have some warranty left. I got it just after release day last year. If you're serious about it shoot me a PM and when the new one comes out I will just go out and get that and then set up something with you. You don't need to give me any more than what Apple would because if I am going to go that route anyway, I don't mind sorting a Beyond'er out. Just a caveat though, I haven't 100% made up mind about going for the new one yet and in fact sometimes think that it's not really worth upgrading from the XS Max so there is that odd chance that I may not bother upgrading - at least not on the release day or anything like that. Also if I do I would want the Green colour so not sure what the availability of that will be like.

As a side note, I really wish they'd make an iPhone similar to Note series that has an inbuilt pen. I end up purchasing at least one Note every year simply because of that aspect as it allows me to sign documents and review paperwork by marking etc. on the go. Currently I am stuck having to pull out my iPad Pro which I don't always carry with me in my briefcase. But because I am so into iOS I end up not sticking to Note either. So an iPhone with that would be absolutely perfect.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 09-11-2019 at 09:34 PM.

My Ride
    rally pig

Did anyone pre-order early this morning?

I wasn't really interested on the 11 Pro but work was able to order me one for less than the value of my X, so free upgrade for me.
    I ordered a 64GB 11 Pro on midnight green (I wanted the silver but curiuos to see the midnight green in person , plus it will always be on a case )

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I grabbed 2 256 Gold 11 pros for pickup at 8am.

Nearly $2,200 with apple care, tax and folio case. Fuck me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I didn't pre-order haha. Proving @Mitsu3000gt wrong.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I didn't pre-order haha. Proving @Mitsu3000gt wrong.
    I'm going to give it a little while longer before I concede defeat

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I ordered 2 iPhone 11 pro max 256gb and then realized I chose the wrong address on my apple pay (I won't get them until the 23rd), so I ordered 2 more to my work lol. So if anyone wants a space grey or green one I have a few extras for what I paid - otherwise I'll return them when they arrive

EDIT: order finally updated and was able to cancel the two
    Last edited by eglove; 09-13-2019 at 01:59 PM.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

I am going to wait until they change it again or, change to google. Not sure yet lol. iPhone X was for sure a game changer when it came out so I upgraded to that. Right now, for me, it's basically still the same stuff though the Pro is for sure really cool. We'll see what the future holds for Apple hehe.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

Page 89 of 192 FirstFirst ... 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast