Quantcast
Android Thread - Page 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish Google would decide what the hell they want to do for a music player. Google play music is getting antiquated to say the least and Youtube Music app sucks.

I know there's 3rd party music players out there but still...
    I don't think there is much need to ever use YouTube Music - I know I never have. You can likely just forget about it for now, but I think the ultimate goal is to amalgamate the two.

Google Play Music has a dumb name but I find it's really polished and very quick/easy to navigate. They just re-did the Andriod Auto interface too and it's really slick.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-03-2019 at 03:19 PM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    As a paid customer of this service, I really hate that they have not ported everything over to Youtube Music and call it a day. Now I have something I like on either service but I still prefer Play Music's simplicity.

There was a toggle if you wanted it early on the release cycle.
    This is why I use spotify more than ever as I used to use google play music mostly. Now I just keep it around as I have youtube premium

I believe you don't see the toggle until your account is enabled server side, so that option is still missing for me in android auto.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Anybody on Rogers use wifi calling? I just noticed this in my settings menu. Not sure if I want to turn it on if it's shitty.
    If you continuously go to areas where there's wifi but weak Rogers signals, it may be beneficial to turn that on.

That option on Samsung has a habit of turning itself off.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-04-2019 at 12:29 PM.

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    If you continuously go to areas where there's wifi but weak Rogers signals, it may be beneficial to turn that on.

That option on Samsung has a habit of turning itself off.
    K cool. My cellular signal at work is spotty at best. I'll give the wifi calling a shot.

Have any of you guys used Google Pay in the US?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Have any of you guys used Google Pay in the US?
    Works as advertised. But don't expect every store to allow contactless payments. Keep your CC on you.

My Ride
    V8s

A while back google said they're killing off play music in favor of youtube music. I signed up for spotify and never turned back.

Also, I put dark mode on.. But my messages app is still white? Seems to be working elsewhere though. Anyone else have this experience?
    Last edited by bjstare; 09-08-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    A while back google said they're killing off play music in favor of youtube music. I signed up for spotify and never turned back.

Also, I put dark mode on.. But my messages app is still white? Seems to be working elsewhere though. Anyone else have this experience?
    In the messages app, hit the 3 dots in the top right and select "enable dark mode".

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    In the messages app, hit the 3 dots in the top right and select "enable dark mode".
    incredible I couldn't figure that out on my own. Amazing I can even manage to use the internet.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

incredible I couldn't figure that out on my own. Amazing I can even manage to use the internet.
    No wonder you keep getting banned

Haha - to be fair, it's not intuitive that after setting "system wide dark mode" in the global menus, you still need to go into that app individually and enable it.

My Ride
    Grimace

New pixel 4 blah blah, no more free unlimited original quality photo storage but at least they kept the same price. Wait for black friday for those sweet discounts before they even ship the pre-orders

what's new on the pixel 4 compared to the 3?

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    New pixel 4 blah blah, no more free unlimited original quality photo storage but at least they kept the same price. Wait for black friday for those sweet discounts before they even ship the pre-orders
    Mine's arriving on Oct 23 (they almost always come earlier than the projected date), and you get a $150 gift card for pre-ordering which if it's like last year, mostly evens out any Black Friday savings + the extra month you got to use the phone for.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Two cameras, radar/face unlock/motion controls, 90hz screen, better overall screen, 4 gets a bigger screen in same footprint and also 6 gb ram vs 4. I might bite if the black friday sale is good otherwise I stick with the P3. Current pre-orders get $150 store credit but it takes a while to come and will expire next year before the new pixel buds come out.

Mine's arriving on Oct 23 (they almost always come earlier than the projected date), and you get a $150 gift card for pre-ordering which if it's like last year, mostly evens out any Black Friday savings + the extra month you got to use the phone for.
    Last year I pre-ordered announcement day and it came the same day as someone who ordered black friday at work. Maybe it was the free shipping that got me.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    For the most part:

- One of the best displays available "close to textbook perfect calibration and performance": http://www.displaymate.com/Pixel_4XL...t_1P.htm#Table
    - 90Hz display
    - Dual rear cameras (~28mm, and ~48mm with optical hybrid zoom)
    - Live HDR previews and live shadow/highlight HDR adjustments
    - Single front camera (90 degree FOV now though, about the same as last year's wide front camera)
    - Project Soli (radar control)
    - Face unlock (no more fingerprint sensor). It is apparently so ridiculously fast that there are menu options to slow it down for those that want to.
    - 6GB RAM (50% increase)
    - SD 855
    - New neural core
    - New voice recording app with live voice-to-text
    - Assistant 2.0 has the entire English component stored on-phone so it doesn't need to access the internet and is therefore much faster

Rest is pretty well the same - battery is slightly bigger in the XL, slightly smaller in the non-XL. Same screen sizes as before.

Every single detail leaked months ago so there really aren't any surprises at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Last year I pre-ordered announcement day and it came the same day as someone who ordered black friday at work. Maybe it was the free shipping that got me.
    Hard to say. I've always got mine early and last year was the first time I paid for faster shipping. I did this year too as it was only $12. We'll see if I get it before or after the 23rd I guess.

Given how many times production-looking models leaked, it's hard to believe Google doesn't have a bunch of them ready to go haha.

My Ride
    ute

For the most part:

- One of the best displays available "close to textbook perfect calibration and performance": http://www.displaymate.com/Pixel_4XL...t_1P.htm#Table
    - 90Hz display
    - Single front camera (90 degree FOV now though, about the same as last year's wide front camera)
    - Face unlock (no more fingerprint sensor). It is apparently so ridiculously fast that there are menu options to slow it down for those that want to.
    - 6GB RAM (50% increase)
    - SD 855
    - New neural core
    - Assistant 2.0 has the entire English component stored on-phone so it doesn't need to access the internet and is therefore much faster

Rest is pretty well the same - battery is slightly bigger in the XL, slightly smaller in the non-XL. Same screen sizes as before.

Every single detail leaked months ago so there really aren't any surprises at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to say. I've always got mine early and last year was the first time I paid for faster shipping. I did this year too as it was only $12. We'll see if I get it before or after the 23rd I guess.

Given how many times production-looking models leaked, it's hard to believe Google doesn't have a bunch of them ready to go haha.
    Waht did you buy with your store credit? Can it be used to buy Google One time?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Waht did you buy with your store credit? Can it be used to buy Google One time?
    You don't get the credit until 6-8 weeks after the promo ends to prevent people form abusing the system, but unless they changed it, you can use the credit on any Google hardware, Play Music / YouTube Premium subscriptions, Google One/Drive, etc. Last year it ended up being about a wash with the Black Friday deal after you account for the fact that you get an entire extra month of use out of the phone, which is rather significant with 12 month product cycles.

You also get 3 months free of Google One (I think 100GB) if you buy a Pixel 4.

My Ride
    ute

Cool. My phone is a pretty critical productivity tool for me. So I can justify almost any upgrade. And my p3 has been excellent

My Ride
    '21 Taco

For the most part:

- 90Hz display
    - 6GB RAM (50% increase)
    - SD 855
    - New neural core

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's wireless charging now too.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

Quote Originally Posted by jampack View Post
    I think it's wireless charging now too.
    Pixel 3 had wireless charging too, so while you're correct, it's just not new from the 3.

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast