Quantcast
Android Thread - Page 23 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can send full size images on WhatsApp, you have been able to for a long time. You can even send 100+ MB videos if the recipient is willing to download it. It asks if you want to downsize them or not. Downsized they are still way better than anything that comes through a text or MMS and you can send originals.
    how do you send high res pictures? i just went through settings and couldn't find anything about that.

a quick google search says you have to send it as a document, but on iphone when you choose to send as a document, it takes you to the file browser and doesn't let you go to your camera roll.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    Google Messages works on windows computers now, and I know iMessage works on pretty much all Apple products. Can you send regular texts from a Mac? Or only iMessage to an iPhone user?
    I think macs can send sms when linked to an iPhone yea.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Beyond.ca: Has an android thread
    Apple users: stop in to tell us how much they like Apple.
    Wut?

I’m just here bitching about mobile providers fucking up RCS. And shitty WhatsApp. Are Apple users not allowed to post here or something?

I would like RCS to be the magic bullet. That way I can be friends with @kenny again.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Don't mind me, I'm just sour.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Wut?

I’m just here bitching about mobile providers fucking up RCS. And shitty WhatsApp. Are Apple users not allowed to post here or something?

I would like RCS to be the magic bullet. That way I can be friends with @kenny again.
    I keep hearing about how Kenny is the black sheep in your group. I feel like in my group of friends it's the opposite. We made all the iPhone users transition to Hangouts. I'll probably tell them if they want to continue to talk to me once Hangouts is retired, it'll have to be via whatsapp. If I'm lucky, no one will ever talk to me again.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Speaking of this topic, i just realized that somehow i've been able to have a group SMS message with my boss (Android) and team mate (iphone). All green bubbles, but able to see all messages from each other. Previously when i've tried this, it basically just sends 1 way messages, and any replies would be sent back to me in a 1:1 message and not back to the group.

How is this possible? does SMS support group messaging now?

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Group chat over text/RCS would be great, that's pretty much the only reason my groups use other platforms (Slack and *shudder* Facebook messenger). Hopefully RCS read receipts are optional, those are the devil's tool.

"Hey, I saw you read my message for XYZ request so I assumed you would do it, why wasn't it done???" = triggered
    "Hey, why didn't you reply to me, I know you read my message, WTF?!?!?!" = TRIGGERED x10

Has any good ever come from read receipts?

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    how do you send high res pictures? i just went through settings and couldn't find anything about that.

a quick google search says you have to send it as a document, but on iphone when you choose to send as a document, it takes you to the file browser and doesn't let you go to your camera roll.
    Start in Google Photos, select the photos you want to send, hit the share icon, select "WhatsApp" and when it asks you select "original size" instead of "large size". The full originals will send. I don't know if this works the exact same way with the Google Photos app for iOS.

I don't know if you can do it from Apple's Camera Roll or not - that app is garbage though, you can't even view photo info lol. Attaching files in general in iOS can be a bit of a chore.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-14-2019 at 10:35 AM.

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    Hopefully RCS read receipts are optional, those are the devil's tool.
    They are optional on Google messages at least.

Name:  Screenshot_20190614-105728.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  23.2 KB

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

^

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Speaking of this topic, i just realized that somehow i've been able to have a group SMS message with my boss (Android) and team mate (iphone). All green bubbles, but able to see all messages from each other. Previously when i've tried this, it basically just sends 1 way messages, and any replies would be sent back to me in a 1:1 message and not back to the group.

How is this possible? does SMS support group messaging now?
    It's again provider support dependent. Rogers to rogers, works fine. Cross to bell, and those stop working. It's been like this for over 5 years. No good ever comes from giving services providers control over content.

Believe me, we've tried this with kenny to try to salvage our relationship lol.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's again provider support dependent. Rogers to rogers, works fine. Cross to bell, and those stop working. It's been like this for over 5 years. No good ever comes from giving services providers control over content.

Believe me, we've tried this with kenny to try to salvage our relationship lol.
    I didn’t think we were all the same carrier but I’ll double check.

Looked into it further, and it looks like it was Group MMS happening, not Group SMS:
    https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202724#types

Didn’t know that was a thing. Guess it’s a step before RCS. All of the big carriers support MMS so maybe it works cross-carrier fairly smoothly.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Perfect timing:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/17/1...age-encryption

The mess that’s RCS. Google going to force it down carriers systems, not sure but I think carriers can actively block this themselves. We’ll see how this turns out. Can only get better really.

No encryption with RCS but I doubt anyone cares.

Without e2e encryption it's already way behind. Some people won't care but a lot do. As I said before it seems completely pointless unless someone can best WhatsApp in such a huge way that people are willing to switch en masse.

My Ride
    an econo box

Just got the Android 10 update on my Pixel 3. The system wide dark mode is awesome. Lots of other little nice changes too. I gave the full gesture control option a try thinking I would hate it and go right back to traditional on screen buttons but I actually like it. Waaaaay smoother and fluid than the half-assed gestures in Android 9.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    Just got the Android 10 update on my Pixel 3. The system wide dark mode is awesome. Lots of other little nice changes too. I gave the full gesture control option a try thinking I would hate it and go right back to traditional on screen buttons but I actually like it. Waaaaay smoother and fluid than the half-assed gestures in Android 9.
    I tried darkmode which is nice but then gmail and the play store were not dark so I will hold off for now. Nice and snappy still on this update, will take some time to get used to the gestures, but the back gesture from either side is great.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Oneplus had dark mode for years and Samsung starting having it with themes with OneUI.

Nice that Pixel finally joins the club.

I got it too - you can force it just by searching for updates. Phone is still instant-fast for everything, so no complaints on that front. It's a 1.34GB update so make sure you're on WiFi haha. The new status icons are cool.

Love the dark mode personally. I like the way it looks but it makes the already ridiculous battery life even better. I already had every possible app switched to dark mode anyway.

Pixel 4 shaping up to be likely the most significant update yet of any Pixel phone with project Soli, dual front & rear cams, dot-fact ID that works in any orientation, 90Hz display, etc.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-03-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Oneplus had dark mode for years and Samsung starting having it with themes with OneUI.

Nice that Pixel finally joins the club.
    Pixel has long had a dark theme for some apps (menus, phone, etc.), but not system-wide until now.

My Ride
    an econo box

I wish Google would decide what the hell they want to do for a music player. Google play music is getting antiquated to say the least and Youtube Music app sucks.

I know there's 3rd party music players out there but still...

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast