Quantcast
Android Thread - Page 27 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pixel used to get free storage for original. Everyone in the world get the free tier.

Now I wonder if someone is importing their entire DSLR source material via a pixel device for Google to end this program.
    The original Pixel has unlimited original backups for life. I wonder if you could just buy a used one and stay on the plan haha - might be worth it.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Anyone try forcing 90hz to see how it affects battery life yet? Been reading that some say it makes little difference but others saying it ate at their battery... lol

So far so good with mine - haven't really had any hiccups. Camera is impressive even coming from the 3XL and battery life has been a tad better. By the end of the day on my 3XL, I was probably at 10% at around 9PM. Now I'm still at about 40% with the same usage.
    Loving how snappy it is. I ended up turning the animations to 0.5x just like on the 3XL and although I didn't feel like I needed to, it did make it feel a little faster.

Only annoying thing is not being able to use biometrics to login to my online banking. Not sure if I want to root to be able to do it or just live with it for now...

Quote Originally Posted by riced View Post
    Anyone try forcing 90hz to see how it affects battery life yet? Been reading that some say it makes little difference but others saying it ate at their battery... lol

So far so good with mine - haven't really had any hiccups. Camera is impressive even coming from the 3XL and battery life has been a tad better. By the end of the day on my 3XL, I was probably at 10% at around 9PM. Now I'm still at about 40% with the same usage.
    Loving how snappy it is. I ended up turning the animations to 0.5x just like on the 3XL and although I didn't feel like I needed to, it did make it feel a little faster.

Only annoying thing is not being able to use biometrics to login to my online banking. Not sure if I want to root to be able to do it or just live with it for now...
    Currently 90Hz only works above 75% brightness, so I am not sure what happens when you force it on. Google says the decision to do that is to prevent people from seeing flicker during the Hz change. They are unlocking that next update, apparently. Battery life is so good already it's hard to imagine forcing 90Hz has too much an effect on battery, but I haven't tried. Mine lasts me the entire weekend no problem, which is longer than I would ever be away from a charger.

Google's face unlock meets the requirements for banking and similar, that will come with updates as well. I think we just need to wait for the banks to push the updates to their respective apps.

I'm enjoying Motion Sense more than I thought I would. I only realized the other day that the song change gestures work while the screen is off (duh), so when my phone is on the ground beside me at the gym a quick swipe at my side changes the song, it's actually very convenient and I find myself using it all the time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The original Pixel has unlimited original backups for life. I wonder if you could just buy a used one and stay on the plan haha - might be worth it.
    Gave my original Pixel phone to parents who are still using it. Not sure how I'd be able to take advantage of the plan though. My guess is that Google Photos looks for the device its being uploaded from and if its an original Pixel then it gets the full size back up treatment and photos taken with any other pixel phones would still be compressed?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I'm open to selling my Pixel1XL if anyone wants to test out a way to hack the storage thing haha

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    I'm open to selling my Pixel1XL if anyone wants to test out a way to hack the storage thing haha
    Nah, the dream is dead as of Oct 15, 2019.

https://www.slashgear.com/pixel-4-of...otos-15595657/

Only video and photos from Pixel's camera will be kept at original. All other photos/videos will be compressed. So while my uploading DSLR photos idea was valid in 2016, it's not today.

^
    Huge loophole to provide full res storage for anything transferred or downloaded onto a Pixel device. Should have always been for photos taken with Pixel camera only. Don't know how google missed something like that.

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by riced View Post

I have it forced on and it doesn't seem to affect my battery life at all. However I'm far from a heavy user. YMMV

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

So, what's everyone's opinion so far? Worth the $900?

Mine is still sitting in the post office, not sure I want to pick it up or not as my new Nokia 7.2 is actually doing everything I want, it's just a bit big (which I'm kind getting used to)

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    So, what's everyone's opinion so far? Worth the $900?

Mine is still sitting in the post office, not sure I want to pick it up or not as my new Nokia 7.2 is actually doing everything I want, it's just a bit big (which I'm kind getting used to)
    From someone coming from a Pixel 3XL - it isn't groundbreaking or anything but I guess it's the same if you were to go from like the iPhone XS to the iPhone 11. Some new features, snappier, faster, smoother... Generally a better experience. Whether it's worth the $900 is subjective. Personally, I thought it was because of the improvements to the camera as well as the extra ram - a lot of the apps that would close on me on my 3XL are still open on my 4XL when I go to them.

I enjoy the 90hz screen and feel like it's finally as smooth, if not smoother than an iPhone. They've had some of the best screens and responsiveness for a long time. It's quite the difference from the 3XL.

Overall - I don't regret the purchase. My main reason for upgrading is the camera though - as mentioned. Nothing comes close to it still... IMO.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

So overall I love the phone. Much more than my iPhone X. Everything is super quick EXCEPT snapchat is laggy as fuck. Like... the whole app feels sluggish and if I'm mid-recording and try to zoom slowly it's jerky and jumps in chunks as it zooms.

I know the old android versions used to be trash because they'd just run the normal camera and screen capture the video but I thought I read they rebuilt it all last year and now it should be running great.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    So overall I love the phone. Much more than my iPhone X. Everything is super quick EXCEPT snapchat is laggy as fuck. Like... the whole app feels sluggish and if I'm mid-recording and try to zoom slowly it's jerky and jumps in chunks as it zooms.

I know the old android versions used to be trash because they'd just run the normal camera and screen capture the video but I thought I read they rebuilt it all last year and now it should be running great.
    "Rebuilt" I never noticed a difference when they supposedly upgraded it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride

I ended up just sending it back, un-received. This Nokia is doing everything I want, and was half the price. Not sure how the photos compare to the Pixel, but at 48MP, it's definitely no slouch. I'm getting used to the size too, I just need to wear jeans with deeper pockets.

If they release a Pixel 4a, I might look at them again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Pixel 3a and 3aXL going on sale for BF.
    Name:  Screenshot_20191108-171607_Chrome.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  36.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

So I guess I'm an outlier for moving back a few generations on a phone and liking it? Recently slipped on some ice and all 96kg of me landed on my butt and crushed the hell out of my S9 that was in my back pocket in my pants. Activated an old S7 we had lying around and am actually liking that phone much more, I really do like the smaller size because it makes one handed use much easier. I think I'm going to stick with the S7 for a while, the S9 was good but in reality was too big and really was quite a bit more fragile what with the glass back and all.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride

I'm a big fan of compact phones, that's why I stuck with Sony for so long as they were the only ones making a compact with flagship specs for the last few years.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm running an S7 and I love it. The battery is not as good and the USB port is getting picky. I don't really want larger.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 11-09-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Appropriate pic :
    Name:  weekend-afternoon-randomness-21-2.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  44.1 KB

My Ride
    ute

got my Pixel4, and am doing the copy thing, and connected it to my pixel3, but the phones aren't playing ball. Any settings or anthing I might have missed?

My Ride
    ute

Okay. All setup now.

Well- after who knows how many android phones...10 maybe?

For the first time I'm left thinking...what a piece of shit. The new interface is complete garbage. Trash.

I didn't pay much attention to the new gesture thing. I just buy new phones when they come out, I don't spend time reading whatever nerd site is reviewing or leaking shit or whatever. So maybe I wasn't prepared for the amount of fuckery google got up to with this new OS. (I actually just found out that google cancelled the Chromecast audio earlier this year too. Fuck you very much for that google.) But what is this phone? Some kind of joke? I actually discovered that you can turn off this gesture nonsense and go back to the nav bar. But it's the OLD nav bar. The Pixel3 "pill" thing was so much better.

Bunch of fuckery up in here. fucking google.

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast