Quantcast
Android Thread - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

My Ride
    an econo box

So I have a pre-order in for an oh so orange Pixel 4 128GB but now that the tech youtubers are putting unboxing videos out I'm starting to really like the look of the white one. I wonder if the Google Pavilion at Best Buy has display units yet so I can see them in person...

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I have a pre-order in for an oh so orange Pixel 4 128GB but now that the tech youtubers are putting unboxing videos out I'm starting to really like the look of the white one. I wonder if the Google Pavilion at Best Buy has display units yet so I can see them in person...
    You're not just going to put a case over it?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    You're not just going to put a case over it?
    I only use a case when I'm at work, and even then it's usually just a slim clear case.

My Ride
    an econo box

If anybody is curious the Google pavilion at the Deerfoot Meadows Best Buy has the Pixel 4/4XL on display in white and black. Sadly no orange. The Google rep said he got to see the orange in his training for the new product roll-out and he said it looks great in person. But I'm still torn because the white looks awesome too.

One thing worth mentioning is how nice they feel in the hand compared to other phones and even the Pixel 3. The matte edges and back glass feel very nice and the phone feels a bit thicker than the Pixel 3 and definitely a more confident grip.

Orange is in.
    OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition

Last edited by phreezee; 10-16-2019 at 01:53 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

How long does it typically take a lot of the case manufacturers to roll out options? I/m eyeing up options for a pixel 4 and see a few on amazon but I really like my Spigen wallet case on my iphone but I only see regular cases for the Pixel 4. Even on the actual Spigen site. Is that due to the wireless charging or it just takes them longer to design them?

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    How long does it typically take a lot of the case manufacturers to roll out options? I/m eyeing up options for a pixel 4 and see a few on amazon but I really like my Spigen wallet case on my iphone but I only see regular cases for the Pixel 4. Even on the actual Spigen site. Is that due to the wireless charging or it just takes them longer to design them?
    They are not as popular so they usually come out later. They don't affect wireless charging if it's a normal case without metal in it or a magnet for your car holder.

There's a bunch on amazon though already - you may prefer a different brand, but they're available. They are also so cheap you can just buy one until Spigen releases theirs if you need one sooner.

https://www.amazon.ca/Compatible-Wal...1257001&sr=8-7

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    They are not as popular so they usually come out later. They don't affect wireless charging if it's a normal case without metal in it or a magnet for your car holder.

There's a bunch on amazon though already - you may prefer a different brand, but they're available. They are also so cheap you can just buy one until Spigen releases theirs if you need one sooner.

https://www.amazon.ca/Compatible-Wal...1257001&sr=8-7
    Thanks I'll keep an eye out. I hate those fold over ones, this is what I was hoping to find. But with the cards on the back I wasn't sure if that'd cause issues charging (or for that matter issues with my cards)
    https://www.amazon.ca/iPhone-Case-Ca...1257481&sr=8-2

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Thanks I'll keep an eye out. I hate those fold over ones, this is what I was hoping to find. But with the cards on the back I wasn't sure if that'd cause issues charging (or for that matter issues with my cards)
    https://www.amazon.ca/iPhone-Case-Ca...1257481&sr=8-2
    Oh yeah - those are really slick actually. Sorry I thought you meant the fold ones that would have your cards on the front of the phone.

I also really like the Spigen ThinFit 360 cases but they take forever to come out too.

Yes it will still charge "through" the cards as long as it's not too thick. You do need to be careful though because Qi charging uses an electromagnetic field that has a chance of demagnetizing them - some people have have issues with this, others do not, so YMMV. Might depend in the specific card/charge pad.

If your case comes with a magnet for car mounting, make sure you don't have that in either.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-16-2019 at 02:52 PM.

P4's started shipping yesterday in Canada, they'll arrive on time.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Isn't P4 quite underwhelming?

- telephone instead of wide lense.
    - More expensive than iPhone 11
    - No more full size photo storage
    - Face unlock worked with eyes close. No finger print reader so apps may not work until update.
    - small battery when pair with a 90hz screen.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Isn't it better to have telephoto instead of wide lens? I thought the iPhone 11 was stupid to use wide + standard lens, very few times do I want a wide lens but could always use more zoom.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Isn't P4 quite underwhelming?

- telephone instead of wide lense.
    - More expensive than iPhone 11
    - No more full size photo storage
    - Face unlock worked with eyes close. No finger print reader so apps may not work until update.
    - small battery when pair with a 90hz screen.
    By far the largest Pixel update they have ever done, so I would disagree.

In the tens of thousands of images I have taken, I have never wished I had a wider rear lens on my smartphone - if I want a wide shot I also want resolution, so I would take a pano. The sole exception is group selfies, and the P3 had an UWA selfie camera and the front camera on the P4 has a 90 degrees FOV, within a few degrees of the P3's wide camera. Telephoto lenses are much more useful, even though 'telephoto' in general on a smartphone is rather trivial given that they are never even close to telephoto lenses, but simply normal lenses usually in the 50mm equivalent range. Google has combined it with it's super resolution trickery though and results are surprisingly good (for a smartphone).

It's $20 more than the entry level iPhone. The P4 is not competing with those on a feature level. The iPhone it competes with is almost $400 more expensive.

Original storage is better (and will be made available for dirt cheap), but I would challenge anyone to tell the difference between an already shitty compressed smartphone JPEG and a JPEG compressed slightly further by Google's algorithm. I have seen both and you literally cannot tell a difference. Just pay the $2/mo or whatever if you need that extra bit. Here is a comparison showing you need a 500% crop to see a difference: https://www.phonearena.com/news/Goog...u-care_id93938

Face unlock with eyes closed will be an option and you can also turn it off if you're that worried about it. It's equally easy to unlock an iPhone or any other biometric with the right methods. It is also a much faster unlock than Apple's implementation, partially thanks to the Soli sensor readying the system when you reach for the phone.

Battery life will very likely not be an issue as with previous generations. Not only is the refresh rate dynamic, you can lock it at 60Hz if you really want to. You're also forgetting the move to 7nm silicon will reduce power consumption. Battery life on the P3's was ridiculously good, any variation with the P4's will be inconsequential I suspect.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-22-2019 at 01:52 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

if Pixel 3aXL or 3XL drop to $550 I'm in. Let's do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    if Pixel 3aXL or 3XL drop to $550 I'm in. Let's do it.
    If you want, I'll sell you my 3XL 128GB for $600 when I get my P4XL in 1-2 days if you aren't set on a 3a. Like-new condition.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Isn't it better to have telephoto instead of wide lens? I thought the iPhone 11 was stupid to use wide + standard lens, very few times do I want a wide lens but could always use more zoom.
    Out of the 3 lense on my S10, I think wide got used more than telephoto. But I was visiting a lot of churches and synagogues.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you want, I'll sell you my 3XL 128GB for $600 when I get my P4XL in 1-2 days if you aren't set on a 3a. Like-new condition.
    We can chat. Have had repeated problems with used phones int eh last few years, even when in good condition. PM me when you are ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    We can chat. Have had repeated problems with used phones int eh last few years, even when in good condition. PM me when you are ready.
    Totally fair - no pressure. Will be going up on Kijiji for $800 or so otherwise while I get ready myself for the lowballs lol. I'll send you a PM when the P4 comes in.

My P4 XL arrived today on the early end of the estimated delivery time. If anyone has any questions let me know.

My P4 XL arrived today on the early end of the estimated delivery time. If anyone has any questions let me know.
    Can you post a review of the battery life after you've used it for a day or two? I currently have the Pixel 2XL and I've never had an issue with the battery life with some decent usage all day but after reading the reviews of the Pixel 4 battery life I'm not sure about upgrading yet.

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast