Quantcast
Android Thread - Page 26 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you post a review of the battery life after you've used it for a day or two? I currently have the Pixel 2XL and I've never had an issue with the battery life with some decent usage all day but after reading the reviews of the Pixel 4 battery life I'm not sure about upgrading yet.
    Sure - I am charging it full today and I will let you know how it fares over the next couple days. If it's like my P3, the only charging it will ever see is ~20-25 mins of 0.5A charge in my car twice a day while connected to Android Auto and that is enough to keep it indefinitely charged.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    Can you post a review of the battery life after you've used it for a day or two? I currently have the Pixel 2XL and I've never had an issue with the battery life with some decent usage all day but after reading the reviews of the Pixel 4 battery life I'm not sure about upgrading yet.
    Almost every outlet said battery on 4 is passable with 90hz off or in auto mode and awful if you keep 90hz on via developer option.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/23/...ghtness-levels

Also, Google say update is coming to correct this situation so you can get 90hz under 75% brightness.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/23/...KY1sOLvCxw7i35

Last edited by Xtrema; 10-23-2019 at 04:50 PM.

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    My P4 XL arrived today on the early end of the estimated delivery time. If anyone has any questions let me know.
    Had a delivery attempt for my Pixel 4 today too but I wasn't home. Guess I'll pick it up tomorrow at the post office.

Which colour did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    Had a delivery attempt for my Pixel 4 today too but I wasn't home. Guess I'll pick it up tomorrow at the post office.

Which colour did you get?
    I always get "just black" because I throw a case on it before I even turn it on for the first time and I don't like the clear cases because little dust particles and whatever else that make their way into the case then become visible. I do really like the colored ones though and they have nice matte finishes (the black is glossy still). If I didn't use a case, I would get orange or panda.

--------------------

Things that I like so far:

- It's extremely fast/polished. Navigating around, opening apps, etc. feels faster than anything else I have used, and that includes my iPad Pro 11" and an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Since the P3 though we've basically been at a point where the phones are so fast they basically just run at the speed of the animations (which you can increase the speed of if you wish in settings). The gestures work really well and I haven't had one fail one me yet - for the most part they are the same as the P3. I haven't seen it use more than 2GB of RAM so far even with 10+ apps open so the 6GB seems like overkill, but it's nice to have I guess.

- Internet browsing seems to have a significant speed improvement, it's one of the first things I noticed. Definitely faster than the P3.

- Build quality overall is 10/10 in my opinion, same as P3 - really nothing to complain about these days as with all the flagship phones across most brands. Buttons are firm and clicky. Haptics feel great. Screen is virtually perfect, as shown by the objective Display Mate testing. I don't have any brightness or white uniformity issues or anything like I have seen on older OLED phones. The 90Hz is noticeable when scrolling and turns off when on static pages (you can disable it entirely if you wish). It has it's own version of "true tone" which I am not a fan of on any device but it's there if you want it.

- No stupid notch. Probably my single favorite thing about the entire phone.

- Soli works extremely well, it feels very polished. I couldn't care less about changing music tracks with a swipe (it works perfectly though with zero lag), but waving your hand to snooze alarms is surprisingly awesome and when you reach towards the phone, it's already 'awake'. You can use your hand to check notifications as well. When your phone is ringing or an alarm is going off, when you reach for your phone it reduces the volume too - very cool. I look forward to seeing what developers do with it down the road.

- Face ID is literally instant and it takes you right to the home screen (or where you last left off), it doesn't just dump you into the lock screen requiring additional input just to unlock your phone, defeating the entire purpose. I thought it wasn't working at first so I got my GF to test it and sure enough it was working, I just couldn't tell because it occurs so seamlessly. As soon as you grab the phone it's unlocked as long as your face is within a pretty big radius of the sensors. When you reach for the phone, Soli prepares Face ID without having to press the power button or anything. I have no reason to doubt all the reviews when they say it's the fastest unlock on any smartphone.

- Speakers are a bit better than the P3, they sound more robust if that makes any sense.

- Cameras are great, no surprises there and I'm sure you've all read about them already. Real time HDR tweaking is cool and the zoom feature gives surprisingly good results even at relatively high magnification (max is 8X). Processing is instant for normal shots, and almost instant for night sight (up to 15 images stacked). Front camera has a FOV of 90 degrees which is almost the same as the P3 wide-front camera (97 degrees).

- Google Assistant is instant-fast now that it processes most things on-device thanks to the new Neural Core. It's very noticeably faster compared to the P3. If you ask it obscure questions though it still has to connect to the internet so it takes a split second longer. Same deal with the new voice recording app, real time transcribing is done on-device and you can then search for words after a voice recording - that will be very useful for some people I am sure. Could be a boon for journalists. Another really cool feature based on the Neural Core is live captions - it can live caption any video playing on the device, even if the sound is muted, so you can still read what's going on.

- Android Auto launches in my car in about 2-3 seconds now which is significantly faster than the P3.

- Battery life so far is at least as good as my P3XL - I played with the phone a bunch yesterday while setting it up, and then it had to sync many thousands of photos/videos, download all my music, etc. which it finished around midnight. I'm at 73% now after a 25 min slow charge in my car this morning (added 9%). Looks like I can once again leave the charger in the box and just get by with the odd slow charge in the car. This will easily be a 1.5-2 day phone for my usage (relatively heavy mixed work/personal) based on what I see so far. Today will be a better test because the phone isn't syncing everything anymore, which is not a typical usage case. Since 8:30am this morning I have lost 2%.

- It's cheaper than the primary competition from Samsung and Apple.

Things I don't like:

- I miss being able to roll my finger over the rear fingerprint sensor to check notifications - I am used to doing that probably 100 times/day so I will have to get used to other methods

- They got rid of one of the front cameras, but at least they made it wide (which is the one I used every time anyway)

- Doesn't come with headphones for those who care (the P3 did)

- You lose unlimited free original photo backups (see above link where you need 500% magnification to see google's compression). It's $27/year for 100GB of drive storage which I had to do anyway because my Gmail was approaching the 15GB limit. So, not as good as free, but most people won't even know they lost it.

- 256/512GB storage options would have been nice for people who don't like cloud services

- No AX wireless

- No 5G

So far I feel it's a big upgrade from the P3, which isn't surprising given it is the most significant update of any Pixel phone to date.

My Ride
    an econo box

I always get "just black" because I throw a case on it before I even turn it on for the first time and I don't like the clear cases because little dust particles and whatever else that make their way into the case then become visible. I do really like the colored ones though and they have nice matte finishes (the black is glossy still). If I didn't use a case, I would get orange or panda.

--------------------

Things that I like so far:

- It's extremely fast/polished. Navigating around, opening apps, etc. feels faster than anything else I have used, and that includes my iPad Pro 11" and an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Since the P3 though we've basically been at a point where the phones are so fast they basically just run at the speed of the animations (which you can increase the speed of if you wish in settings). The gestures work really well and I haven't had one fail one me yet - for the most part they are the same as the P3. I haven't seen it use more than 2GB of RAM so far even with 10+ apps open so the 6GB seems like overkill, but it's nice to have I guess.

- Internet browsing seems to have a significant speed improvement, it's one of the first things I noticed. Definitely faster than the P3.

- Build quality overall is 10/10 in my opinion, same as P3 - really nothing to complain about these days as with all the flagship phones across most brands. Buttons are firm and clicky. Haptics feel great. Screen is virtually perfect, as shown by the objective Display Mate testing. I don't have any brightness or white uniformity issues or anything like I have seen on older OLED phones. The 90Hz is noticeable when scrolling and turns off when on static pages (you can disable it entirely if you wish). It has it's own version of "true tone" which I am not a fan of on any device but it's there if you want it.

- No stupid notch. Probably my single favorite thing about the entire phone.

- Soli works extremely well, it feels very polished. I couldn't care less about changing music tracks with a swipe (it works perfectly though with zero lag), but waving your hand to snooze alarms is surprisingly awesome and when you reach towards the phone, it's already 'awake'. You can use your hand to check notifications as well. When your phone is ringing or an alarm is going off, when you reach for your phone it reduces the volume too - very cool. I look forward to seeing what developers do with it down the road.

- Face ID is literally instant and it takes you right to the home screen (or where you last left off), it doesn't just dump you into the lock screen requiring additional input just to unlock your phone, defeating the entire purpose. I thought it wasn't working at first so I got my GF to test it and sure enough it was working, I just couldn't tell because it occurs so seamlessly. As soon as you grab the phone it's unlocked as long as your face is within a pretty big radius of the sensors. When you reach for the phone, Soli prepares Face ID without having to press the power button or anything. I have no reason to doubt all the reviews when they say it's the fastest unlock on any smartphone.

- Speakers are a bit better than the P3, they sound more robust if that makes any sense.

- Cameras are great, no surprises there and I'm sure you've all read about them already. Real time HDR tweaking is cool and the zoom feature gives surprisingly good results even at relatively high magnification (max is 8X). Processing is instant for normal shots, and almost instant for night sight (up to 15 images stacked). Front camera has a FOV of 90 degrees which is almost the same as the P3 wide-front camera (97 degrees).

- Google Assistant is instant-fast now that it processes most things on-device thanks to the new Neural Core. It's very noticeably faster compared to the P3. If you ask it obscure questions though it still has to connect to the internet so it takes a split second longer. Same deal with the new voice recording app, real time transcribing is done on-device and you can then search for words after a voice recording - that will be very useful for some people I am sure. Could be a boon for journalists. Another really cool feature based on the Neural Core is live captions - it can live caption any video playing on the device, even if the sound is muted, so you can still read what's going on.

- Android Auto launches in my car in about 2-3 seconds now which is significantly faster than the P3.

- Battery life so far is at least as good as my P3XL - I played with the phone a bunch yesterday while setting it up, and then it had to sync many thousands of photos/videos, download all my music, etc. which it finished around midnight. I'm at 73% now after a 25 min slow charge in my car this morning (added 9%). Looks like I can once again leave the charger in the box and just get by with the odd slow charge in the car. This will easily be a 1.5-2 day phone for my usage (relatively heavy mixed work/personal) based on what I see so far. Today will be a better test because the phone isn't syncing everything anymore, which is not a typical usage case. Since 8:30am this morning I have lost 2%.

- It's cheaper than the primary competition from Samsung and Apple.

Things I don't like:

- I miss being able to roll my finger over the rear fingerprint sensor to check notifications - I am used to doing that probably 100 times/day so I will have to get used to other methods

- They got rid of one of the front cameras, but at least they made it wide (which is the one I used every time anyway)

- Doesn't come with headphones for those who care (the P3 did)

- You lose unlimited free original photo backups (see above link where you need 500% magnification to see google's compression). It's $27/year for 100GB of drive storage which I had to do anyway because my Gmail was approaching the 15GB limit. So, not as good as free, but most people won't even know they lost it.

- 256/512GB storage options would have been nice for people who don't like cloud services

- No AX wireless

- No 5G

So far I feel it's a big upgrade from the P3, which isn't surprising given it is the most significant update of any Pixel phone to date.
    I got the Orange regular Pixel 4 128GB

I've had my Pixel 4 now for a few hours and I agree with your assessment so far, though I can't comment on battery life yet. One thing I've noticed is my display seems to have a warmer tint than my Pixel 3. It's almost like true tone on an iphone. I've checked all the display settings and tried turning them on and off but nothing made a difference. I kinda prefer the cooler tone of the Pixel 3 display. That being said the 90hz refresh is nice.

I think this is the first Pixel that didn't come with Google Play music pre-installed. I think I'll give YouTube music a try as my music player app for now. Google Play music was getting a bit long in the tooth.

I got the Orange regular Pixel 4 128GB

I've had my Pixel 4 now for a few hours and I agree with your assessment so far, though I can't comment on battery life yet. One thing I've noticed is my display seems to have a warmer tint than my Pixel 3. It's almost like true tone on an iphone. I've checked all the display settings and tried turning them on and off but nothing made a difference. I kinda prefer the cooler tone of the Pixel 3 display. That being said the 90hz refresh is nice.

I think this is the first Pixel that didn't come with Google Play music pre-installed. I think I'll give YouTube music a try as my music player app for now. Google Play music was getting a bit long in the tooth.
    Display --> Advanced --> Ambient EQ is the setting you want to turn off if you don't like the "true tone". Just like on iOS, it completely ruins color accuracy in favor of being a little easier on the eyes, but I am not really a fan either. Maybe you've already found that though.

My display didn't appear warmer than my P3XL, it looks pretty well spot-on (to my eye anyway) in terms of color temperature once I turned off Ambient EQ. I don't have a P3/P4 to test, only the XL versions. I held it up next to my hardware calibrated NEC PA271W monitor and it looks pretty well the same, but that is not a very scientific test.

I did a restore from my previous phone which brought over Google Play Music and all my playlists but I'd be surprised if Google didn't include it - you'd think they would want to shove anything with a subscription attached to it in your face but maybe not. I have YouTube premium and it's awesome, I should have done it a long time ago for only $2/mo over Google Play Music (which is also included). I'm actually not a huge fan of YouTube Music but maybe it's just because I am so used to Google Play Music.

Have only charged my phone for ~40 mins (combined over 3 days) with 0.5A super slow charging in my car after the initial 100% charge when I first got it and I am at 55% battery after ~44 hours. Pretty damn good IMO, especially considering within that time it also had to sync thousands of photos/video so it couldn't enter power save/sleep mode. Lost about 2% overnight but I noticed I accidentally left "auto update apps" on so that's probably why.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-25-2019 at 09:32 AM.

My Ride
    an econo box

Display --> Advanced --> Ambient EQ is the setting you want to turn off if you don't like the "true tone". Just like on iOS, it completely ruins color accuracy in favor of being a little easier on the eyes, but I am not really a fan either. Maybe you've already found that though.

My display didn't appear warmer than my P3XL, it looks pretty well spot-on (to my eye anyway) in terms of color temperature once I turned off Ambient EQ. I don't have a P3/P4 to test, only the XL versions. I held it up next to my hardware calibrated NEC PA271W monitor and it looks pretty well the same, but that is not a very scientific test.

I did a restore from my previous phone which brought over Google Play Music and all my playlists but I'd be surprised if Google didn't include it - you'd think they would want to shove anything with a subscription attached to it in your face but maybe not. I have YouTube premium and it's awesome, I should have done it a long time ago for only $2/mo over Google Play Music (which is also included). I'm actually not a huge fan of YouTube Music but maybe it's just because I am so used to Google Play Music.

Have only charged my phone for ~40 mins (combined over 3 days) with 0.5A super slow charging in my car after the initial 100% charge when I first got it and I am at 55% battery after ~44 hours. Pretty damn good IMO, especially considering within that time it also had to sync thousands of photos/video so it couldn't enter power save/sleep mode. Lost about 2% overnight but I noticed I accidentally left "auto update apps" on so that's probably why.
    Yeah even with Ambient EQ turned off it's still noticeably warmer, especially at lower brightness levels. Reading online it seems I'm not the only to notice the difference and it seems to affect only the smaller Pixel 4 and not the XL. FWIW the smaller Pixel 4 has an LG display while the XL is Samsung. I hope I just get used to it because I love every other aspect of the phone. I gotta stop looking at my Pixel 3 and comparing them lol.

I haven't had a full day of use yet but so far battery life seems to be about the same as my Pixel 3 and that's with forced 90hz on at all times and the brightness at a higher setting. So I'd say despite the slightly smaller battery capacity than the Pixel 3 the efficiencies of the Snapdragon 855 etc even it out.

I'm just really impressed at how screaming fast Android 10 on the Pixel 4 is. Especially Google Assistant. Big improvements there.

Yeah even with Ambient EQ turned off it's still noticeably warmer, especially at lower brightness levels. Reading online it seems I'm not the only to notice the difference and it seems to affect only the smaller Pixel 4 and not the XL. FWIW the smaller Pixel 4 has an LG display while the XL is Samsung. I hope I just get used to it because I love every other aspect of the phone. I gotta stop looking at my Pixel 3 and comparing them lol.

I haven't had a full day of use yet but so far battery life seems to be about the same as my Pixel 3 and that's with forced 90hz on at all times and the brightness at a higher setting. So I'd say despite the slightly smaller battery capacity than the Pixel 3 the efficiencies of the Snapdragon 855 etc even it out.

I'm just really impressed at how screaming fast Android 10 on the Pixel 4 is. Especially Google Assistant. Big improvements there.
    Haha yeah, I have had phones with color temperature differences before and they look 100% fine any time I am not doing a side-by-side comparison. Stop torturing yourself! Even a perfect phone looks warm if you put it next to a bright white piece of paper or something - 'true' white is actually slightly warm, and not everyone is used to it.

I knew the XL display was Samsung, I didn't know the P4 was LG. Could be some significant differences there for sure.

Yeah everyone who was worried about battery life on the P4 I don't think realized the CPU dropped from 10nm to 7nm which is pretty significant in terms of power usage. Also, the phone manufacturers aren't stupid - they aren't going to put out a new model with significantly worse battery performance than a prior year (on purpose anyway). Almost every time people are worried about battery life it ends up being unfounded.

The camera zoom I find to be excellent out to about 4X, and by 8X it's still way better than anything else I have seen, but you can tell it's not the same as the lower magnifications.

Yeah the phone is stupid fast, every single year I say this, but it's hard to imagine it being faster because it's literally instant for most tasks. Web browsing and google assistant got huge speed boosts. You can also speed up the animations in the developer options and it will feel even faster because it's being artificially slowed down at default settings. I think I am most impressed how fast/seamless face unlock is, and it works in any orientation. You don't even have to think about it, your phone is just always unlocked and in the screen you want by the time you have it in your hands. I've still reached for that rear fingerprint sensor that doesn't exist about 1000 times so far though Holding your hand near the phone to quickly check notifications is cool too, and I love that it lowers the volume of rings/alarms when you reach for it. I have, however, smacked my water bottle across the room while snoozing an alarm so I will have to think about that next time

My Ride
    an econo box

Haha yeah, I have had phones with color temperature differences before and they look 100% fine any time I am not doing a side-by-side comparison. Stop torturing yourself! Even a perfect phone looks warm if you put it next to a bright white piece of paper or something - 'true' white is actually slightly warm, and not everyone is used to it.

I knew the XL display was Samsung, I didn't know the P4 was LG. Could be some significant differences there for sure.

Yeah everyone who was worried about battery life on the P4 I don't think realized the CPU dropped from 10nm to 7nm which is pretty significant in terms of power usage. Also, the phone manufacturers aren't stupid - they aren't going to put out a new model with significantly worse battery performance than a prior year (on purpose anyway). Almost every time people are worried about battery life it ends up being unfounded.

The camera zoom I find to be excellent out to about 4X, and by 8X it's still way better than anything else I have seen, but you can tell it's not the same as the lower magnifications.

Yeah the phone is stupid fast, every single year I say this, but it's hard to imagine it being faster because it's literally instant for most tasks. Web browsing and google assistant got huge speed boosts. You can also speed up the animations in the developer options and it will feel even faster because it's being artificially slowed down at default settings. I think I am most impressed how fast/seamless face unlock is, and it works in any orientation. You don't even have to think about it, your phone is just always unlocked and in the screen you want by the time you have it in your hands. I've still reached for that rear fingerprint sensor that doesn't exist about 1000 times so far though Holding your hand near the phone to quickly check notifications is cool too, and I love that it lowers the volume of rings/alarms when you reach for it. I have, however, smacked my water bottle across the room while snoozing an alarm so I will have to think about that next time
    I'm used to FaceID with my iStone so reaching for a non-existent fingerprint reader has only happened a few times for me haha. One feature I really like about Soli is how it wakes up the ambient display as you approach the phone. Really cool feature and works 100% of the time.

I'm not sure if this is psychological but I swear the Pixel 4 can get louder with music playback even with bluetooth headphones compared to the Pixel 3.

So far other than the warmish tint I'm loving the phone. I can't wait to get a chance to play with the camera.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Don't throw away your Pixel 4 box yet....

https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/25/...g-google-lens/

My Ride
    an econo box

Ok after another day with the Pixel 4 I'd say my battery life is surprisingly significantly better than my Pixel 3.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

So far I'm really liking my Pixel 4. Only two things I haven't figured out (albeit I really haven't tried much) is the gesture to snooze the alarm I can't seem to make work. As well as when my phone is sitting on my desk its lit up almost the entire day showing the clock. Presumably the motion detection is seeing me move so its thinking I'm looking at it, but it wastes a fair bit of the battery. Battery saver turns it off but is there a different way to disable that feature? I pretty much always just have my phone sitting out near me

Otherwise this phone is incredibly fast. Pain in the ass reloading all my apps from the IOS move but thats to be expected. Love the fast charger. Battery life is decent but still dies by the end of the day for me (I use my phone a lot for work, 4-6 hours a day easily plus some hotspotting). That being said my Iphone X would be dead by 2pm and have to charge it mid day so that is still a win I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    So far I'm really liking my Pixel 4. Only two things I haven't figured out (albeit I really haven't tried much) is the gesture to snooze the alarm I can't seem to make work. As well as when my phone is sitting on my desk its lit up almost the entire day showing the clock. Presumably the motion detection is seeing me move so its thinking I'm looking at it, but it wastes a fair bit of the battery. Battery saver turns it off but is there a different way to disable that feature? I pretty much always just have my phone sitting out near me

Otherwise this phone is incredibly fast. Pain in the ass reloading all my apps from the IOS move but thats to be expected. Love the fast charger. Battery life is decent but still dies by the end of the day for me (I use my phone a lot for work, 4-6 hours a day easily plus some hotspotting). That being said my Iphone X would be dead by 2pm and have to charge it mid day so that is still a win I guess.

Under the ambient display settings, you can either fully disable motion sense if you don't like it, or you can individually disable the "reach to check phone" feature which sounds like it might be triggering for you when you don't want it to. My phone is on my desk all day too and it doesn't turn on unless I actually reach for it or prompt a "screen peep" with a hand gesture. Additionaly in the lock screen display menu, there is an option for an "always on" display - you might want that off too.

"air swipe" to snooze an alarm works perfectly for me, go though the gesture settings and make sure it's enabled. You can also control the sensitivity of the "back" gestures, the squeeze gesture, etc.

Lots of things you can do for battery life that you may not have done yet:

- Go through all the necessary evil apps like Facebook, Instagram, etc. and disable background data and background battery usage. I do this for most of my apps actually, except google suite, WhatsApp, etc.
    - Change location discovery settings for most apps to "only during use". The phone will also tell you which apps have recently requested a location.
    - Use dark mode if you like the look (displaying pure black uses zero battery on OLEDs, and pure white uses the most battery). The screen is by far the biggest power draw.
    - You can disable the 90Hz display if you don't care either way, it will save battery, but it's dynamic already and isn't always on
    - Don't let the phone constantly scan and notify you of nearby WiFi networks
    - Turn off auto update apps if you want

I haven't charged my 4XL since Friday other than a couple quick trips in my car (0.5A super slow charge), the battery life, for me, is even better than my 3XL which was already ridiculous.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Under the ambient display settings, you can either fully disable motion sense if you don't like it, or you can individually disable the "reach to check phone" feature which sounds like it might be triggering for you when you don't want it to. My phone is on my desk all day too and it doesn't turn on unless I actually reach for it or prompt a "screen peep" with a hand gesture. Additionaly in the lock screen display menu, there is an option for an "always on" display - you might want that off too.

"air swipe" to snooze an alarm works perfectly for me, go though the gesture settings and make sure it's enabled. You can also control the sensitivity of the "back" gestures, the squeeze gesture, etc.

Lots of things you can do for battery life that you may not have done yet:

- Go through all the necessary evil apps like Facebook, Instagram, etc. and disable background data and background battery usage. I do this for most of my apps actually, except google suite, WhatsApp, etc.
    - Change location discovery settings for most apps to "only during use". The phone will also tell you which apps have recently requested a location.
    - Use dark mode if you like the look (displaying pure black uses zero battery on OLEDs, and pure white uses the most battery). The screen is by far the biggest power draw.
    - You can disable the 90Hz display if you don't care either way, it will save battery, but it's dynamic already and isn't always on
    - Don't let the phone constantly scan and notify you of nearby WiFi networks
    - Turn off auto update apps if you want

I haven't charged my 4XL since Friday other than a couple quick trips in my car (0.5A super slow charge), the battery life, for me, is even better than my 3XL which was already ridiculous.
    Thanks, reach to check is what I needed to turn off. And for some reason all the gesture settings were off. I linked it through my own google domain for my store. For some reason that set a lot of stuff off by default. Like I found google assistant wouldn't work yesterday and it wouldn't let me turn it on. Ended up finding a help article I had to go to my domain admin manager and give my account permissions for that, no idea why. So I think I just need to go through every menu X_X still overall love the phone.

I switched everything to dark mode last night and that definitely helped a lot today. Only down like 20% halfway through the day. I think the majority of it was the clock just sitting on yesterday. It say that used 40% of my battery lol.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone have predictions about if the pixel 3a XL will get significant discounts for black Friday?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Anyone have predictions about if the pixel 3a XL will get significant discounts for black Friday?
    Changing phones already?
    I heard from someone you just got a new phone today
    Becoming a shakalaka eh?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Changing phones already?
    I heard from someone you just got a new phone today
    Becoming a shakalaka eh?
    Nah, the one I bought from you is for me, the pixel 3aXL is for my wife. She needs a big phone with huge battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quoted from the Pixel 4 website - "Google Photos offers free, unlimited, online storage for all photos and videos uploaded in high quality. Photos and videos uploaded in high quality may be compressed or resized." Sounds like your photos get compressed a bit from the original size and stored. I think this is enough for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Quoted from the Pixel 4 website - "Google Photos offers free, unlimited, online storage for all photos and videos uploaded in high quality. Photos and videos uploaded in high quality may be compressed or resized." Sounds like your photos get compressed a bit from the original size and stored. I think this is enough for most people.
    Yup, that's what I said. You need approx. 500% magnification to see a difference between the original and google's compressed version. If you're OK with that and if you don't shoot 4K videos you're fine with the free plan.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Pixel used to get free storage for original. Everyone in the world get the free tier.

Now I wonder if someone is importing their entire DSLR source material via a pixel device for Google to end this program.

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast