Page 96 of 484 FirstFirst ... 86 95 96 97 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 9662

Thread: Everyday Car Pics

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SLS vert isn't as good as a coupe.
    I was thinking about that, but in this case I wondered if the heavy ass gullwing doors would actually make the the vert the better car. Haha
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

The ONLY appeal the SLS has for me are the doors. So sans those, it's not worth it.

The i8, just for the wow factor...and those damn doors!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    The ONLY appeal the SLS has for me are the doors. So sans those, it's not worth it.

Yeah, nothing like a 3 cylinder to get your shaft at attention.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I was thinking about that, but in this case I wondered if the heavy ass gullwing doors would actually make the the vert the better car. Haha

Yeah, nothing like a 3 cylinder to get your shaft at attention.
    I think me and shak are into very different things when it comes to cars lmao

Coupe is also a massive price premium from what I have seen.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

shakalaka:

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Coupe is also a massive price premium from what I have seen.
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  24.8 KB

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    shakalaka:

Haha exactly.

The fucking i8 could have 1 cylinder for all I care as long as it has the doors that go up. That being said, I did pass on that i8 deal and decided to hold on to the Aston...for now at least. But damn that i8 deal is solid. If I wouldn't get killed by the wife, I'd have both.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

shakalaka:

Considering Shak is a lawyer, makes that all the funnier to me

fact.

My Ride
    V8s

shakalaka:

Probably one of the most memorable scenes from that show for me haha.

The only thing appealing about an i8 is the doors. It's just a visually pleasing prius; fuck that. I'd literally have any aston martin in history over an i8... except maybe that 35 foot long wedge called the lagonda.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

The Gullwing doors make the SLS and without them, it would just be another AMG... Much like the original 300SL, the only thing keeping the roadster prices up is the relative strength of the Gullwing prices.

Doors or not, Shak, man, the i8 is a hard, hard pass... The novelty was cool for about 3 months when they first came out, but then everyone figured out just how bad it is... Those poor fuckers that paid $30k over list when they first came out

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    The Gullwing doors make the SLS and without them, it would just be another AMG... Much like the original 300SL, the only thing keeping the roadster prices up is the relative strength of the Gullwing prices.

Doors or not, Shak, man, the i8 is a hard, hard pass... The novelty was cool for about 3 months when they first came out, but then everyone figured out just how bad it is... Those poor fuckers that paid $30k over list when they first came out
    True that. Must have hurt. This one is 2 years old, with less than 10K km's and it's almost $60K+ off msrp. That would hurt big time.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    The ricer in me still loves the tuner car look. Fuck everyone lol
    Missed this comment earlier!

My man! hehe.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Probably one of the most memorable scenes from that show for me haha.

The only thing appealing about an i8 is the doors. It's just a visually pleasing prius; fuck that. I'd literally have any aston martin in history over an i8... except maybe that 35 foot long wedge called the lagonda.
    Dude lagondas are awesome

My Ride
    This and that.

I miss my Black Series so much. Those 63's were great. One day.

Yea, that AMG comment is a compliment. God knows how much more reliable AMs are now with AMG drivetrain and infotainment haha.

More like 17. That was a 2003 SLK 32 AMG.
    About that reliability though, didn't wanna get into it but oh well:

A few months ago I got the engine light on the Aston. It was a remain on light (not flashing/off and on etc). Anyway, freak out, pull over and review the service manual. Says, if it's steady on and you don't notice any issues, keep driving and contact service when you can. As opposed to flashing means, pull immediately over and don't touch it.

Anyway, I call up the dealer and schedule an appointment. This is Distinctive Collection. I was meant to be getting the first service done anyway a month later and since days were already getting nice at the start of April, I move up my appointment a week or so down the line.

In the meantime the light kept on the whole time when I'd start the car. 4-5 days into this and a day before appointment, I get in and the light doesn't come on. I am like wtf. It's completely gone and everything is normal. Anyway, I drive to Calgary and take the car to DC for my regular first service and check-up on this sign issue. That afternoon go back, service is all done which is an oil change and visual inspection etc., and costs $1200. Though, for some reason doesn't seem like it's too bad lol. They did say it takes them 4 hours to change the oil? Perhaps removing a lot of panels, parts etc. Dunno.

Anyway, about the light they go, we tried everything we could and we can't seem to see why the light came on in the first place. They said the code is stored and it was cylinder 3, 5 and 7 misfire. I am like wtf...that's serious is it not? And the senior service guy who actually worked on the car speaks to me and goes honestly I can't tell you why it happened. I can't find anything wrong with the car, I test drove the heck out of it, but yes the code was triggered and the code was stored. He goes, I've cleared it and be on your way and enjoy it. Call us if anything happens.

Few weeks go by no problem, until 3 days ago. The sign is back on. I am like wtf. Anyway I call DC and tell them and tell to bring it in, I call Aston Martin Roadside Assistance as they will tow it for free to the dealer (will need to be driven back). I figured at least that's one way of driving. So they are picking it up tomorrow and I will likely have to bus it down on the weekend to bring it back as no point in having two vehicles down, plus wife is busy anyway.

I had made a post on these forums called 6speedonline and there is a relatively active Aston Martin subform there. Someone who works at Velocity AP replies writes in secretive language that he can't comment publicly but it's a thing. And I call him out and he says to email him. I did and he says that there is a glitch in the software that throws ghost misfire codes and apparently a software patch released by AM has fixed it. So to see if DC has done the software update. I don't know why this was such a secret but whatever. So I guess I will be talking to DC to make sure they do a software update or whatever.

Anyway, long story short, I am just glad I have full warranty otherwise I'd be in panic mode regardless. Haha.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Do cars this expensive have OBDII ports to check codes?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

So the German part of a British car broke? Figures. Lol

My Ride
    ute

That's okay, I'm looking at British cars with Nissan engines haha

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So the German part of a British car broke? Figures. Lol
    The British messed with the software and broke it. Makes sense to me.

fact.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

A picture thread with no pictures?

Trying to figure out if I want to color match my vent covers or go matte black..

Name:  20200520_165951.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  90.6 KB
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

About that reliability though, didn't wanna get into it but oh well:

A few months ago I got the engine light on the Aston. It was a remain on light (not flashing/off and on etc). Anyway, freak out, pull over and review the service manual. Says, if it's steady on and you don't notice any issues, keep driving and contact service when you can. As opposed to flashing means, pull immediately over and don't touch it.

Anyway, I call up the dealer and schedule an appointment. This is Distinctive Collection. I was meant to be getting the first service done anyway a month later and since days were already getting nice at the start of April, I move up my appointment a week or so down the line.

In the meantime the light kept on the whole time when I'd start the car. 4-5 days into this and a day before appointment, I get in and the light doesn't come on. I am like wtf. It's completely gone and everything is normal. Anyway, I drive to Calgary and take the car to DC for my regular first service and check-up on this sign issue. That afternoon go back, service is all done which is an oil change and visual inspection etc., and costs $1200. Though, for some reason doesn't seem like it's too bad lol. They did say it takes them 4 hours to change the oil? Perhaps removing a lot of panels, parts etc. Dunno.

Anyway, about the light they go, we tried everything we could and we can't seem to see why the light came on in the first place. They said the code is stored and it was cylinder 3, 5 and 7 misfire. I am like wtf...that's serious is it not? And the senior service guy who actually worked on the car speaks to me and goes honestly I can't tell you why it happened. I can't find anything wrong with the car, I test drove the heck out of it, but yes the code was triggered and the code was stored. He goes, I've cleared it and be on your way and enjoy it. Call us if anything happens.

Few weeks go by no problem, until 3 days ago. The sign is back on. I am like wtf. Anyway I call DC and tell them and tell to bring it in, I call Aston Martin Roadside Assistance as they will tow it for free to the dealer (will need to be driven back). I figured at least that's one way of driving. So they are picking it up tomorrow and I will likely have to bus it down on the weekend to bring it back as no point in having two vehicles down, plus wife is busy anyway.

I had made a post on these forums called 6speedonline and there is a relatively active Aston Martin subform there. Someone who works at Velocity AP replies writes in secretive language that he can't comment publicly but it's a thing. And I call him out and he says to email him. I did and he says that there is a glitch in the software that throws ghost misfire codes and apparently a software patch released by AM has fixed it. So to see if DC has done the software update. I don't know why this was such a secret but whatever. So I guess I will be talking to DC to make sure they do a software update or whatever.

Anyway, long story short, I am just glad I have full warranty otherwise I'd be in panic mode regardless. Haha.
    Use Shell gas. AMGs are so sensitive with fuel, reports misfires from part throttle, and CEL comes on. Takes a tank or 2 of gas for it to go away.

Every single time I head to BC I don’t have a lot of fuel choices in the boonies, and CEL comes right on for the whole trip. It’s happened to me with my last 3 cars. Doesn’t do it on the E400. Nor the CLS550. It’s an amg thing. Overactive sensors and software.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 96 of 484 FirstFirst ... 86 95 96 97 106 ... LastLast