Quantcast
Nexus card processing time. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus card processing time.

If you get a new passport, you need to update your nexus information with the new passport number and expiry date. Just sign in to GOES, and it takes 2 minutes.

A friend of mine got hers in 2 months, mine took about 6. She lucked out though, for some reason she got a call pretty quick had an interview date and then just checked GOES everyday for someone who had dropped out of their interview slot and she snagged it.

edit: it also seemed like when I applied they were still working out all the kinks n such, she applied a couple years after me and it went super smooth for her.

My Ride
    rally pig

^what time is best to check GOES for cancelled/rescheduled appointments, morning or afternoon?

I submitted my NEXUS in June, didn't get a response back until August and my interview is Dec 23.
    My wife applied the week afterwards and her interview right now is on Jan 8.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by taemo
    ^what time is best to check GOES for cancelled/rescheduled appointments, morning or afternoon?

I submitted my NEXUS in June, didn't get a response back until August and my interview is Dec 23.
    Doesn't really matter. People can drop out any time of the day. Just keep checking whenever you remember to.

My Ride
    rally pig

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Doesn't really matter. People can drop out any time of the day. Just keep checking whenever you remember to.
    cool, just randomly checked GOES 20min ago and was able to reschedule from Dec 23 to Dec 6.
    Ill keep checking when I remember to.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Coming up on 2 months for mine and its still processing. Will keep an eye out once its done to see if I can push the interview ahead

FYI: They will process both applications at the first appointment, your wife won't have to wait until Jan 8th.
    ---

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Checked in today and found an available appointment for next friday, woot.

It's been over a year since I got mine so I can't remember; do they have times available on the weekend? I want to get a card for my daughter but taking her in the week would be problematic.

My Ride
    rally pig

Originally posted by kenny

FYI: They will process both applications at the first appointment, your wife won't have to wait until Jan 8th.
    do you mean both wife and i can go and process our applications on my appointment?

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

I applied in September, got conditional approval on October 28, and scheduled a March 2017 appointment. A week later I found an appointment for November 10. Went and completed it all yesterday.

do you mean both wife and i can go and process our applications on my appointment?
    Yes. Don't cancel hers or anything just in case they changed their policy but have her come with you on your appt and then ask them if they can process both.
    ---

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Has anyone gone through the renewal process lately? I got an email saying I was due for a renewal back in March and went through the process immediately. My Nexus membership expires in about 3 weeks and the renewal application is still sitting in Pending Review.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone gone through the renewal process lately? I got an email saying I was due for a renewal back in March and went through the process immediately. My Nexus membership expires in about 3 weeks and the renewal application is still sitting in Pending Review.
    Just renewed mine recently. It was pretty fast. I renewed online around February 21 and within 3 weeks I got approved and a new card sent. I didn’t need to come in for an interview again, and the card is activated online.

My kids had to go in for an interview which we scheduled mid April and the new cards came about 2 weeks after.

I read that they are/were backlogged from the Govt shutdown. Mine expired in March, I renewed a couple weeks before expiry (supposed to renew 90 days prior minimum, oops!) and it took about 5-6 weeks total to get approved. I don't know the exact time since I didn't get a notification e-mail, it wasn't until I logged back in to check that I saw that it was approved.
    ---

My Ride
    Axis powers

Interesting timing, I’ve been travelling a lot more lately and am considering a nexus, what kind of questions do they ask you?
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by xrayvsn View Post
    Just renewed mine recently. It was pretty fast. I renewed online around February 21 and within 3 weeks I got approved and a new card sent. I didn’t need to come in for an interview again, and the card is activated online.

My kids had to go in for an interview which we scheduled mid April and the new cards came about 2 weeks after.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    I read that they are/were backlogged from the Govt shutdown. Mine expired in March, I renewed a couple weeks before expiry (supposed to renew 90 days prior minimum, oops!) and it took about 5-6 weeks total to get approved. I don't know the exact time since I didn't get a notification e-mail, it wasn't until I logged back in to check that I saw that it was approved.
    Thanks guys. Yeah I kinda suspected the delay may have been related to the shutdown. I'm not traveling to the US until July and since I'm traveling with people who don't have Nexus it's not a big deal if I have a valid card. I was just more concerned that if the membership had lapsed, I'd have to go through the whole application process again.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Interesting timing, I’ve been travelling a lot more lately and am considering a nexus, what kind of questions do they ask you?
    Nothing unusual. I think the biggest question is why do you want one.

My Ride
    This and that.

The wife and I have had one since I last posted in this thread and I love it. It's come in handy on a couple of occasions quite a bit when landing in Canada the lines up's have been ridiculous! I just roll up like a G and walk past everyone and through customs in a jiffy! Although a few weeks ago when returning to Edmonton from Italy, majority of the Nexus machines were not functioning so it was pretty crappy but still way way quicker than having to through the regular line.

I haven't truly used it in order to skip the security line though yet as every time I went there the line ups haven't been that long. All in all I enjoy having it and definitely something that's worthwhile.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Thanks guys. Yeah I kinda suspected the delay may have been related to the shutdown. I'm not traveling to the US until July and since I'm traveling with people who don't have Nexus it's not a big deal if I have a valid card. I was just more concerned that if the membership had lapsed, I'd have to go through the whole application process again.

Nothing unusual. I think the biggest question is why do you want one.
    I still use it even when travelling people who don’t have it.

I would rather not have to take off my shoes and then sit at Starbucks waiting than wait in line.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I still use it even when travelling people who don’t have it.

I would rather not have to take off my shoes and then sit at Starbucks waiting than wait in line.
    Not sure many people know, but you can bring a guest through the nexus line with you at security. My wife doesn't have hers yet and they have no issue letting us both in that line. And now that returning to Canada is all automated in most places, it's pretty quick going through the regular simpleton line at immigration anyway.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast