Quantcast
Nexus card processing time. - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus card processing time.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah I have to get mine done soon. I got automatically extended to 730 days, but don't suspect they'll extend past that.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    B8 S4

@ExtraSlow
    You may want to confirm what office branch is required for your interview. To my understanding NEXUS =\ any of the other express-entry branches (Global Entry, SENTRI, Clear, etc) and can only occur at NEXUS Enrolment centers (of which all airport locations are still closed and therefore land borders only at the moment).

I have to update my VISA status from B to E, but unable to do so at any other than NEXUS centers. They have to manually change my VISA status every time I fly back to USA and usually hate me for it ha ha

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So aside from government agencies being dog fuckers.

What’s the actual excuse right now?

I think my nexus expires in December so I need to get in the renewal train soon.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    @ExtraSlow
    You may want to confirm what office branch is required for your interview. To my understanding NEXUS =\ any of the other express-entry branches (Global Entry, SENTRI, Clear, etc) and can only occur at NEXUS Enrolment centers (of which all airport locations are still closed and therefore land borders only at the moment).
    Good call, I will confirm.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Such a scam, in like 6 days my Nexus original application will expire for both me and the wife, with us being unable to ever get an interview as there is nothing opened. Seems like there is no way to get a refund or for them to extend it, so they basically took $100USD from us and we got absolutely nothing out of it. I will never apply for this program again, they can choke on a dick. I emailed them a few weeks ago, no response. All they need to do is extend the fucking thing for everyone for 1 more year....

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Didn't realize it takes ages to renew Nexus, just looked and mine expires this June so submitted the renewal. Here's hoping it goes well.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Looks like if you want an interview @ExtraSlow , you'll have to go to Sweetgrass.
    This can't be true can it? I've been struggling with the interview sign up as well and thought it was a glitch.....that's trash if they don't have any options after taking $$. I'm just a renewal
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Exploded.

@ExtraSlow

I have to update my VISA status from B to E, but unable to do so at any other than NEXUS centers. They have to manually change my VISA status every time I fly back to USA and usually hate me for it ha ha
    Was just about to mention that. You can only do it at the borders and also this:

There are also enrolment centres along the Canada/US border. Not all of them have iris scanners. IF YOU DO NOT GET AN IRIS SCAN, YOU CANNOT USE YOUR NEXUS CARD AT AIRPORTS. So be careful which enrolment centre you attend.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    This can't be true can it? I've been struggling with the interview sign up as well and thought it was a glitch.....that's trash if they don't have any options after taking $$. I'm just a renewal
    All Canadian airport interview centres are closed right now

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yeah I have to get mine done soon. I got automatically extended to 730 days, but don't suspect they'll extend past that.
    Have you logged in to the portal to see if you are eligible for remote interview over Zoom? If you are, you'll see a link to schedule virtual interview.

I'm glad when I renewed mine I didn't need to do an interview, my son however requires an in-person interview since the Zoom ones are only open to those 18+
    ---

My Ride
    Lease

Related and unrelated; TD visa infinite privilege credit card will cover your NEXUS fees

My Ride
    B8 S4

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Such a scam, in like 6 days my Nexus original application will expire for both me and the wife, with us being unable to ever get an interview as there is nothing opened. Seems like there is no way to get a refund or for them to extend it, so they basically took $100USD from us and we got absolutely nothing out of it. I will never apply for this program again, they can choke on a dick. I emailed them a few weeks ago, no response. All they need to do is extend the fucking thing for everyone for 1 more year....
    Oof. That is brutal. Their email question response time is ridiculous. 3 months to respond if I could provide all E visa info for them to change my status (government efficiency at its finest). Firm “no, must be in person at an enrolment center”

The other perk of NEXUS besides the expedited customs is the Pre-check security clearance when flying from USA and THAT makes it worth it in my opinion. Even if only so you don’t have to remove your shoes.

My wife needs to renew her work authorization. They state they will not accept the application if received more than 180 days before expiry, but their current processing times are 6.5 to 11 months. $400 non refundable if application is denied for any reason (including the above). It took 9 months the first time when they stated 3-6 months ha ha.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Have you logged in to the portal to see if you are eligible for remote interview over Zoom? If you are, you'll see a link to schedule virtual interview.

I'm glad when I renewed mine I didn't need to do an interview, my son however requires an in-person interview since the Zoom ones are only open to those 18+
    How do you check the online interview option? All we saw are the in person times

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Word up. Is that for renewals only?

Not sure what's up with Sweetgrass. In the next four months there are only 3 days with any appointments available there.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It also appears that I was incorrect, the "enrollment on arrival" doesn't appear to apply to Nexus, so my trip to Atlanta isn't going to work for that. Should I just drive to sweetgrass? Man that seems like a hassle, but could actually work out. Maybe order some car parts at the same time, lol.

My Ride
    B8 S4

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    How do you check the online interview option? All we saw are the in person times
    Is this your first application for the program? They take finger prints and iris scan so have to be in person for those.

Either way, https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ should be the portal to use.

My Ride
    B8 S4

Not sure what's up with Sweetgrass. In the next four months there are only 3 days with any appointments available there.
    I think the Nexus Center at Sweetgrass is only open 2 or 3 days of the week.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Is this your first application for the program? They take finger prints and iris scan so have to be in person for those.

Either way, https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ should be the portal to use.
    Oh yeah forgot about those.

Mine isn’t expiring anytime soon but the gf is applying

Word up. Is that for renewals only?

Yes its for renewals only, need to have fingerprints in system to be eligible.

It is a pilot project so not everyone has access to it. You just login, and if you're eligible you'll see a link that says "Schedule Virtual Interview" or something like that, should be near the normal schedule link for in person interviews. If you don't see it, you weren't selected as group of testers.
    ---

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Didn't realize it takes ages to renew Nexus, just looked and mine expires this June so submitted the renewal. Here's hoping it goes well.
    My wife's Nexus renewal is still pending since we submitted on September 2021, her Nexus expired earlier this February, don't know why the delay for hers but at least it is still working.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post

I had zoom option but the calendar also shows nothing available
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast