Quantcast
Nexus card processing time. - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus card processing time.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Reason I want mine is the faster security line. The customs lines don't seem bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Reason I want mine is the faster security line. The customs lines don't seem bad.
    Valid in the US, the TSA PreCheck is definitely nice to have.

Canada however, I’ve never experienced the nexus security line to be open in YYC. Regardless of how busy it is. The whole program seems great in theory but it’s a mess in practice.

Unless it gets way better I doubt I bother renewing, it was many more hours of up front hassle than it ever saved me.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I stare at the empty TSApre line in OKC for like 25 minutes far too often.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Should be disclosed that Nexus does not guarantee you precheck, it still sometimes makes you go the other way. It’s all done in a black box by the computer.

They also often spit out precheck for normal people too. People just don’t often look at their boarding passes.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Canada however, I’ve never experienced the nexus security line to be open in YYC. Regardless of how busy it is. The whole program seems great in theory but it’s a mess in practice.

Unless it gets way better I doubt I bother renewing, it was many more hours of up front hassle than it ever saved me.
    YVR, Nexus is always faster. Fucking Chinese people dunno WTF they're doing on the machines holding up the normal line.

YYC, roughly the same, but nice not having to talk to anyone at all with Nexus. YYC is the same because the non Nexus line is that good. I'm typically off the plane first, so I zip through and out the door and into a sedan before the plebs even make it to the machines.

Should be disclosed that Nexus does not guarantee you precheck, it still sometimes makes you go the other way. It’s all done in a black box by the computer.

They also often spit out precheck for normal people too. People just don’t often look at their boarding passes.
    I've never had this. You have to fill in your nexus ID at the time of booking the tickets to get access to pre-check, or call airline to get the info in there prior to check-in. Guaranteed every single time.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Nexus plus business class is a winning combo.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    I thought I'd be a keener and applied for my renewal in June and it still hasn't been approved. Expires in January, so I guess I'll check in the new year.
    Sure you filled everything out right and paid? I just did mine last month and had my approval and new card in just over two weeks.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I've never had this. You have to fill in your nexus ID at the time of booking the tickets to get access to pre-check, or call airline to get the info in there prior to check-in. Guaranteed every single time.
    It's not guaranteed, even with nexus you can get the dreaded SSSS on your boarding pass.
    ---

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    It's not guaranteed, even with nexus you can get the dreaded SSSS on your boarding pass.
    Oh right, serves you right for lying at the border 20 years ago.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Does the international terminal even have a Nexus line? When it opened they didn't and blamed it on their high speed baggage scanners not being able to differentiate between the two or some shit.

I've rarely if ever used the Nexus line. Even domestic the lines at YYC are super short and kinda pointless.

That being said anytime I go to Chicago it pays for itself in one trip. Sometimes their security line is 2+ hours at peak times. Fuck that.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Does the international terminal even have a Nexus line? When it opened they didn't and blamed it on their high speed baggage scanners not being able to differentiate between the two or some shit.

I've rarely if ever used the Nexus line. Even domestic the lines at YYC are super short and kinda pointless.

That being said anytime I go to Chicago it pays for itself in one trip. Sometimes their security line is 2+ hours at peak times. Fuck that.
    International and US International arrivals feed into the same Customs point with Nexus scanners. No baggage scanning there.

International departure has no customs, you enter no different than domestic. Customs is handled at the destination.

International US departure has their pre-clearance zone, with Nexus machines.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

For those of you mentioning Nexus line closures... You know we are allowed to use cabin/crew security if Nexus lines are closed right?

FYI, I've never done it, I didn't even know where the cabin/crew security line was at YYC until my last visit and noticed some weird doors half-opened randomly in the hall with a sign "Cabin/Crew Security".
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    International and US International arrivals feed into the same Customs point with Nexus scanners. No baggage scanning there.

International departure has no customs, you enter no different than domestic. Customs is handled at the destination.

International US departure has their pre-clearance zone, with Nexus machines.
    Ahh, I meant international departures but through the security lines. I remember having nexus machines for the customs part but the actual xray scanners and such I was always in the pleb lineup.

All I really care about is the xray/baggage check line going faster so I can go to the bar sooner

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post
    For those of you mentioning Nexus line closures... You know we are allowed to use cabin/crew security if Nexus lines are closed right?

FYI, I've never done it, I didn't even know where the cabin/crew security line was at YYC until my last visit and noticed some weird doors half-opened randomly in the hall with a sign "Cabin/Crew Security".
    I think you're referring to the crew security bypass, which you can NOT use unless you are uniformed flight crew. If you're talking about the lineup in customs which is for foreign aircrew and handicapped people, I'm not positive that you can but maybe they'll let you if you try?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post

This is not a thing. Maybe they let you use it because nexus is a joke.But it’s nowhere near an obligation with Nexus.

#morenexusfakenews

fact.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

This is not a thing. Maybe they let you use it because nexus is a joke.But it’s nowhere near an obligation with Nexus.

#morenexusfakenews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    I think you're referring to the crew security bypass, which you can NOT use unless you are uniformed flight crew. If you're talking about the lineup in customs which is for foreign aircrew and handicapped people, I'm not positive that you can but maybe they'll let you if you try?

I'm gonna see if I can find the document. I'll report back in a bit.

Apologies in advance if that wasn't true.

EDIT/ADDITION: Ok, so my near photographic memory isn't as sharp as I thought it was... This is actually what I read:

If the NEXUS kiosk is closed, NEXUS members must use the special services counter or crew counter, or they can opt to use a passport for regular processing at a Primary Inspection Kiosk.
    Source: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/rec-eng.html

So yea, we're hooped if the nexus line is closed, lol.
    Last edited by Zhariak; 11-08-2019 at 06:15 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I would be very intereted to see it.

Last time I went though nexus the people manning it had no clue what was what going on. Mid day. No excuses.

I got yelled at for literally following instructions when the machines weren’t working. It was great.

fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

well, got my application submitted. Let's see how long this takes.
    Fucking hell, still "Pending Review" from September 13.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Fucking hell, still "Pending Review" from September 13.
    Yes, still pending review from September 13th, now it's December 29th. Actually may have some work trips to take in January, would have been nice to have this sorted out when I made those bookings.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Yes, still pending review from September 13th, now it's December 29th. Actually may have some work trips to take in January, would have been nice to have this sorted out when I made those bookings.
    Keep an eye on it... But keep in mind that after you're approved, the wait time for an interview can be excessive. Although you can check back regularly for cancellations (using the online portal). I could be wrong, but I think some people do their interviews while travelling in transit now, but someone needs to confirm that.

I've always used my Nexus travelling domestically, but I've been using it internationally like crazy the last few minutes, it's been AWESOMEEEEEEE.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast