Quantcast
Nexus card processing time. - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus card processing time.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, you can get the interview at any time without an appointment through the "enrollment on arrival" program, which is my plan. But need to be approved for it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Submitted my renewal application June 29th and it's still pending review. I logged in today and saw this:

Due to a significant increase in application volume, we are extending the grace period from 6 months to 1 year for any submitted renewal application. This means you will continue to receive full benefits for 1 year while U.S. Customs and Border Protection is finalizing your renewal application.

So at least I've got until the end of June 2020.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I was just at the nexus interview office last week. There were lots of openings in Dec as far as I could see.

I have also been going through Nexus for probably over a decade and have never seen the lines closed. Guess I must be lucky. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Axis powers

What documents do you need for nexus, can I use my passport and drivers license? I have no idea where my birth certificate is
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    What documents do you need for nexus, can I use my passport and drivers license? I have no idea where my birth certificate is
    You don't need your birth certificate, I didn't use it. I think DL and passport is exactly what I used but I don't remember 100%. I know for sure I did not have my birth certificate.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The website lays it out totally fine.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The website lays it out totally fine.
    Maybe I’m over thinking the requirements but if I present a photo id then I need my birth certificate?

Canadian or U.S. citizen
    In Canada
    a valid passport;
    a birth certificate and photo ID;
    a Canadian citizenship certificate or card; or
    a Certificate of Indian Status.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Maybe I’m over thinking the requirements but if I present a photo id then I need my birth certificate?

Canadian or U.S. citizen
    In Canada
    a valid passport;
    a birth certificate and photo ID;
    a Canadian citizenship certificate or card; or
    a Certificate of Indian Status.
    You only need one of the above, so for most people that's going to be a passport.

I need to look at my expiry date and make sure I'm not getting close.

Seems like different people are discussing different things here, and thinking they're all talking about the same thing. Immigration is not security. If you're arriving from out of country you go through immigration, you're already inside of security zones. Nexus used to be great for this because you could bypass the line. But with the new electronic terminals to file your declaration, there is no wait really to the regular line. But you still have to speak to some customs asshole that will treat you like a criminal for entering your country. Nexus line gets you less hassle.

For security, when you're entering departures to board your flight, Nexus lets you bypass the pleb line and go through the first class line essentially. But yeah, sometimes that line is closed, like late at night when the airport has reduced staff because customer volumes are down. However, I see that flight crew will just around the stanchions and go to the front of the line if Nexus line is closed. I figured that's what Zhak was talking about. Does anybody know if Nexus card holders can do this too? I almost missed a connection flight in YYZ last week because the terminal 3 Nexus line was closed. Had to run all the way there from Terminal 1. (#fukuaircanada)

My Ride
    13 Cayenne Turbo

I applied for my Nexus renewal as well as my wife's the first week of December. We both received our new nexus cards in the mail before Christmas. Not sure why it's taking some of you so long to receive the renewal cards.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well for me, I'm not renewing, I'm a brand new application.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by skandalouz_08 View Post
    I applied for my Nexus renewal as well as my wife's the first week of December. We both received our new nexus cards in the mail before Christmas. Not sure why it's taking some of you so long to receive the renewal cards.
    Either they shady or...ExtraSlow. Yeeeeeeeaaahhhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

This reminds me I really should check when mine expires. I rarely used it since my ex didn't have one / wouldn't apply so we always had to take the slow lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This reminds me I really should check when mine expires. I rarely used it since my ex didn't have one / wouldn't apply so we always had to take the slow lanes.
    You can bring a "guest" with you through the security line at least. I was worried about this too when I got mine and my wife got denied. But she just comes with me through the security line and it's no issue. Coming back I have to use the pleb line for immigration/customs, but it's no big deal now with the automated kiosks.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    You can bring a "guest" with you through the security line at least. I was worried about this too when I got mine and my wife got denied. But she just comes with me through the security line and it's no issue. Coming back I have to use the pleb line for immigration/customs, but it's no big deal now with the automated kiosks.
    Is this new? They explicitly told me that everyone in my party would need a Nexus card to use the expedited line. Although maybe I'm thinking of crossing by vehicle.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Is this new? They explicitly told me that everyone in my party would need a Nexus card to use the expedited line. Although maybe I'm thinking of crossing by vehicle.
    For customs processing by air, everyone needs nexus. For customs processing/crossing by land, everyone in the car needs nexus.

I think pheoxs is referring to using the security line. Technically even for security screening everyone is supposed to have nexus, but a few times the person at the front noticed I was travelling with someone who was entering the common folk line, and told them to come over here and use the trusted travelers line with me since I had my Nexus. They aren't supposed to do this, but it's happened a few times. Keep in mind this has only happened to me when flying domestically in Canada.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If I have learned anything about nexus it’s that at the airport no one fucking knows what’s going on with the program, least if all the CBP officers.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Always been this way, in Canada anyway. I haven't attempted it in US. If there is a rule against it they certainly don't enforce it worth a shit. And the only way I even knew I could bring a guest through security with me, is because Security specifically told me to go through the Nexus line when I tried to enter the regular security line with the wife. Yes for crossing by car, everyone in vehicle needs to have a Nexus card to use that lane.

Sometimes I wonder why some people are getting these Nexus cards? I still seem to be bombarded by idiots in the Nexus line that appear to have never been to an airport before. Holding up the line because they don't know what goes in the bins and what they can keep in their pockets. FFS, if you're a "Trusted Traveler" you should bloody well be able to zip through security in no time flat.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Submitted app on November 3 and haven't heard a word. Do they call you or something? Snail mail? Courier pigeon?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Greta doesn't approve of travel. How DARE you get nexus card to expedite your travel. haha

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast