Quantcast
Nexus card processing time. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus card processing time.

My Ride
    MR2

Can we still cross the border normally while the Nexus application is in process? I really want to apply but I go to the US every couple months and not sure if I'd have to stay in Canada for the entire 6 months while it processes

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks guys. Yeah I kinda suspected the delay may have been related to the shutdown. I'm not traveling to the US until July and since I'm traveling with people who don't have Nexus it's not a big deal if I have a valid card. I was just more concerned that if the membership had lapsed, I'd have to go through the whole application process again.
    My son’s card lapsed before we renewed. They renewed his the same as the rest of us. He had to come in for the interview like my other kids, but it was really only to update photos. We were in and out in no time at the interview which was really to confirm their ID and update photos.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2-3SGTE View Post
    Can we still cross the border normally while the Nexus application is in process? I really want to apply but I go to the US every couple months and not sure if I'd have to stay in Canada for the entire 6 months while it processes
    You travel as normal until you get your card. Once you have the card you can choose to use it or not, nothing stopping you from travelling under your normal passport even once you have your card.

Has anyone gone through the renewal process lately? I got an email saying I was due for a renewal back in March and went through the process immediately. My Nexus membership expires in about 3 weeks and the renewal application is still sitting in Pending Review.
    Not a renewal but a new sign-up. It's been "pending review" for 2 months now. When I signed up they had something saying due to Trump's government shutdown there was an enormous backlog, so I've just assumed it was that. My GF signed up a few days before me though and has an interview booked so it's definitely weird.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

All you guys stuck in the backlog are there for a reason - the Trump government knows you smelled weed that one time in your life!

This reminds me I should start my renewal lol
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Not sure many people know, but you can bring a guest through the nexus line with you at security. My wife doesn't have hers yet and they have no issue letting us both in that line. And now that returning to Canada is all automated in most places, it's pretty quick going through the regular simpleton line at immigration anyway.
    Security in Canada is different than immigration into the US. You can't use that line if you don't have a card. If CATSA makes an exception for flying domestic, it's no big deal as you go through the same security requirements here in Canada (laptop must come out and go in it's own bin).

In the US, TSA Pre, which is trusted traveller allows you to leave all your shit (including you laptop) in your bag and just walk through the metal detector. I have not seen TSA agents allow not TSA Pre passengers through that line. They always get turned away.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Security in Canada is different than immigration into the US. You can't use that line if you don't have a card. If CATSA makes an exception for flying domestic, it's no big deal as you go through the same security requirements here in Canada (laptop must come out and go in it's own bin).

In the US, TSA Pre, which is trusted traveller allows you to leave all your shit (including you laptop) in your bag and just walk through the metal detector. I have not seen TSA agents allow not TSA Pre passengers through that line. They always get turned away.
    I clearly said security and not immigration. My apologies if that wasn't clear.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I clearly said security and not immigration. My apologies if that wasn't clear.
    \

It was clear. Just explaining the differences so that someone reading all of this doesn't think they can go through a line that they really can't.

You can also go through that line if you have a RAIC.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Interesting timing, I’ve been travelling a lot more lately and am considering a nexus, what kind of questions do they ask you?
    questions during the application/interview process or through the airport?

for the application process, when you schedule for an interview it basically means that you are approved and they will just do an iris and fingerprint scan.

through the airport, it's the typical custom form.

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    questions during the application/interview process or through the airport?

for the application process, when you schedule for an interview it basically means that you are approved and they will just do an iris and fingerprint scan.

through the airport, it's the typical custom form.
    Unless your brother is a meth addict with rap sheet a mile long and uses your name as an alias. Then the interview becomes a bit more involved. Or so I've heard........................

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    It was clear. Just explaining the differences so that someone reading all of this doesn't think they can go through a line that they really can't.

You can also go through that line if you have a RAIC.
    My boss lost his Nexus for 7 years bringing his nanny (no nexus) through the customs line. He went through security with her as a guest, and security directed them to the nexus line. His first time using it too. I still make fun of him about it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Has anyone gone through the renewal process lately? I got an email saying I was due for a renewal back in March and went through the process immediately. My Nexus membership expires in about 3 weeks and the renewal application is still sitting in Pending Review.
    Got my letter stating I should renew back in April, and I am still waiting. I think mine expires in July.

I read on the website that you can still use your card if it expires on the condition that you submitted your renewal prior to expiry.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    Got my letter stating I should renew back in April, and I am still waiting. I think mine expires in July.

I read on the website that you can still use your card if it expires on the condition that you submitted your renewal prior to expiry.
    Weird, your post made me look for where it says that and I couldn't find it. While I was on the website, I decided to log in to see if there was any progress on my renewal and it turns out I got renewed a couple days ago but they didn't even send me an email about it. Looks like I don't even have to go in for an interview. Just activate my card when it comes in the mail.

So I applied for the renewal on March 15 and got approved May 29.

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    My boss lost his Nexus for 7 years bringing his nanny (no nexus) through the customs line. He went through security with her as a guest, and security directed them to the nexus line. His first time using it too. I still make fun of him about it.
    I basically never use my nexus at border crossings because of this. It’s hard to keep track of the many things you are not allowed to do, and they have zero tolerance. The rules are different depending which way you travel too. Only time I know it is safe is air travel when you have absolutely nothing to declare and no food.

Weird, your post made me look for where it says that and I couldn't find it. While I was on the website, I decided to log in to see if there was any progress on my renewal and it turns out I got renewed a couple days ago but they didn't even send me an email about it. Looks like I don't even have to go in for an interview. Just activate my card when it comes in the mail.

So I applied for the renewal on March 15 and got approved May 29.
    "If you submitted a renewal application before expiration of your current membership, then you can continue to use your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after your expiration date)."

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...cbp-receive-my

I checked again today and I'm still "pending review". It's been months now. Still getting the notice about Trump's shutdown delaying things.

Mine's been "Pending Review" since February - is there any way to check the reason for the hold up? I am sure something is wrong at this point.

My GF applied a couple days before I did and she already has her card. It came less than a week after the interviews.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

I have pending review as well but its only been a few weeks. I will update if that changes.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Mine's been "Pending Review" since February - is there any way to check the reason for the hold up? I am sure something is wrong at this point.

My GF applied a couple days before I did and she already has her card. It came less than a week after the interviews.
    Just go to the office at the Airport. No one is ever there, they can help you out.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Mine has changed to pending interview FYI.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast