Quantcast
Walking down the street - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Walking down the street

My Ride
    0.8 L of Diesel fury

I usually don't get bothered by this but the pokemon-go bots definitely make it annoying... I jog through Prince's Island park and go through some bridges some ppl just crowd the exits or stand in the middle.

It is becoming laughable/ pathetic with people in this city having no respect or manners towards others in public (I'm sorry but as someone who travels a lot, Calgary is becoming the worst in Canada).

Proper manners for those of us born before 1990 seem to have disappeared. The worst offenders are 40-50 or 0-25 of age (the kids of the people within the 40-50 age group). Sorry if I offended (some of, you aren't all bad)those in this age range and your snowflakes.......apparently you perceived Sesame Street differently than the rest of us with your self importance

In a similar situation, am I the only one that finds people doing this while driving in parking lots as well??

Seriously, the narcissism/ self absorbed bubble in this city is getting insane
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 09-14-2016 at 04:02 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I cough once to let them know that I see them, and then, they magically go around. But I look like a grumpy motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Default Re: Walking down the street

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Perhaps it's due to the numerous birthdays I've had (old), but I've noticed something that used to just irk me but I'm starting to find downright rude. When I'm walking down an empty sidewalk or pathway I'm usually in the middle or to the right. As soon as I see someone coming the other way or notice someone coming up from behind I move all the way to the right. Just like as if I was driving a car on a road. Why the hell do some people stay are their left and basically run into me thinking I should be moving to my left? Am I crazy (about this)? Empty hall / sidewalk / path, stay to the right...no???

Exact same problem ALL the time downtown on the sidewalk when it's me on the right approaching two or more oncoming individuals who DO NOT move over at all. I will keep walking and hold my spot or stop and hold it and wait for them to move over, sometimes they even bump into me! It's absolutely unreal.

Originally posted by J-hop

Spoken like a true left side walker

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I treat all sidewalks and mall hallways like the road. Keep to the right, but I also hold my ground. It's fucking hilarious when I am on the edge of the sidewalk or almost against the glass of a store in the mall and I shoulder check someone and they get all offended, and i give them a "you should watch where you are walking" line.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Lease

Derail: how about at a busy drive thru line, you pull up and leave space so traffic can get by, then some cocktart thinks that gap for traffic is where they line up? Maybe I'm wrong?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Derail: how about at a busy drive thru line, you pull up and leave space so traffic can get by, then some cocktart thinks that gap for traffic is where they line up? Maybe I'm wrong?
    Or people at an advanced left turn light go anyways when there's obviously no room and block all green light traffic for oncoming cars.

edit:yes I know that was a horrible sentence, but I'm not fixing it since the idea is fairly clear and obvious.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Happened to me at that Panorama Hills McDonald's. Dude with a pickup went around and cut in front of me. Naturally, I honked at him and he got upset and backed out. He waited for me at the exit of the drive thru to chase me down and give me the stink eye.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

I am seriously questioning the present experience of life that some of the people in this thread are having. There are way more important things in the world worth getting worked up over.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by mrsingh
    I am seriously questioning the present experience of life that some of the people in this thread are having. There are way more important things in the world worth getting worked up over.
    lol it's funny.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Lease

You mean be like those getting worked up bombing each other killing over who's religion or God is "real"

There are way more important things in the world worth getting worked up over.
    Like secondary suites or fluoride in the drinking water!

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Glad I'm not the only one lol...walking snow cats you guys are going to give yourselves heart attacks.

My Ride
    NC1

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

^^^So good

Honestly if you need to get by or whatever, the excuse me works fine. It's all about tone.

Of course you could always try Suntan's approach - two honks for more aside.
    Ultracrepidarian

I just put my shoulder into it as hard as I can. Sometimes they drop their phone because they're not paying attention. Not my problem though. Pay attention next time.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Yup, I've shoulder checked a bunch of dudes here in Toronto so far. Choo choo, motherfucker, coming through.

People act like they would in their own livingrooms when on sidewalk and other public spaces. Complete lack of spatial awareness & courtesy for those around them, infuriating.

I can't recall the last time I was daydreaming/lallygagging and got in somebody's way. When I'm in public I am hyper aware of where I am in relation to others, especially those that are trying to get somewhere in a hurry.

I almost run into people on a daily basis because we're moving along on the sidewalk and somebody stops dead in their tracks to check their phone. If I get a call I shoulder check to make sure nobody is directly behind me and then move off the fucking sidewalk! So simple.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I make eye contact with them and then look to where I am intending to be. Most people subconsciously move out of the way.

It's way worse in Europe, so many ppl drive on one side or another, it's impossible to keep everyone on one side..
    dv/dt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast