NC1

I miss my 05. too poor to afford the new lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    TLX, F350, AR195 and Merc C350

Matte black looks insane on the new NSX. Perfect lines for it.

I'm obviously to old to appreciate the matte look. If I'm buying a NSX, I want the shine.
    Love cars and cycling. Not your typical car salesman.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Calgarian

I'm obviously to old to appreciate the matte look. If I'm buying a NSX, I want the shine.
    Anything angular looks good in matte. Lambo, this are good with matte.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

The reality is this is going to be someone's very special sport car and we need to do everything possible to respect their potential vehicle.
    If it makes you feel any better I haven't sat in our NSX however I was lucky enough to drive the NSX on a track in Ohio. Pretty amazing sports car.
    Said special car - is it MSRP?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by Darkane

Said special car - is it MSRP?
    It's not for sale right now. Each Acura NSX dealership will only be getting two per year. The intent is to keep the NSX to draw new customers into the dealership. The next big event will be the NSX Sport Hybrid System showing up in the MDX latter this year.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Draw new customers into the dealership??

Anyone who is actually interested in the NSX will want to buy one, but it's not for sale? How likely is it you'll get an Asian family of 6 through the front door to look at the NSX, and then buy a CRV while they're at it?

Sounds more like a tactic to drive the prices up through the roof...

Forgive me for being cynical, but it's an Acura FFS, not a Pagani...

My Ride

It's not for sale right now. Each Acura NSX dealership will only be getting two per year. The intent is to keep the NSX to draw new customers into the dealership. The next big event will be the NSX Sport Hybrid System showing up in the MDX latter this year.
    I hope you mean the RLX sport hybrid system showing up.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

I've never felt so much 'meh' towards a new sportscar. Seems too little, too late. I'd buy a NSX-R over this if I wanted an NSX.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride

I hope you mean the RLX sport hybrid system showing up.
    The 2017 MDX will be the first mass market application of the sport hybrid system. I suspect we will also see it in the next generation TLX.

Saw a red one in Beddington on Monday, looked amazing

My Ride

The 2017 MDX will be the first mass market application of the sport hybrid system. I suspect we will also see it in the next generation TLX.
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...x-coolest-awd/

??

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The RLX is a completely different system than the NSX and new MDX. The MDX literally took the NSX system and rotated it to fit a front engine layout. It is odd that of all cars to get the NSX system it's the MDX.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

The RLX is a completely different system than the NSX and new MDX. The MDX literally took the NSX system and rotated it to fit a front engine layout. It is odd that of all cars to get the NSX system it's the MDX.
    Maybe I'm missing it, but the rlx is not completely different. In fact, it was the test bed for the (then) NSX with the NA V6.

It has the dual clutch 7 (same as mdx), and three motors. One in the transaxle and the others at the rear wheels for torque vectoring. Same as NSX except reverse. 377 total hp.

The mdx is a toned down version because of less engine. But the electric system is almost the same.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Bicycle

Maybe I'm missing it, but the rlx is not completely different. In fact, it was the test bed for the (then) NSX with the NA V6.

It has the dual clutch 7 (same as mdx), and three motors. One in the transaxle and the others at the rear wheels for torque vectoring. Same as NSX except reverse. 377 total hp.

The mdx is a toned down version because of less engine. But the electric system is almost the same.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    http://www.beyond.ca/honda-sport-hyb...awd/19686.html

I think marketing is forcing people to say the system is from NSX. But it really debut on RLX. Tuned for NSX. And MDX will have a direct copy the RLX drive train which we expected all along.

Now if you go back to how Calgarian said it, he quantified it with "mass market", so I think he consider both RLX and NSX not mass market.

This still doesn't get Acura anywhere close to others in the field on electric offering tho.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-17-2016 at 06:45 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Xtrema

http://www.beyond.ca/honda-sport-hyb...awd/19686.html

I think marketing is forcing people to say the system is from NSX. But it really debut on RLX. Tuned for NSX. And MDX will have a direct copy the RLX drive train which we expected all along.

Now if you go back to how Calgarian said it, he quantified it with "mass market", so I think he consider both RLX and NSX not mass market.

This still doesn't get Acura anywhere close to others in the field on electric offering tho.
    You bet. I saw how he said it, but he picked a car enthusiast forum to drop the mass market card. The GT350R is the first mass market car with carbon wheels. 500 globally produced.

Rlx and NSX sell more yearly.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Horse

^I hear nobody wants to touch the wheels on your car?

I feel like the NSX came out 3 years too late. Not to mention I don't see how it could possible live up to all the hype or the amazing reputation of the original. Looks pretty nice though.

My Ride
    something green

It's good that its in the showrooms so you can see it, look at it, decide on it. It also shows that the dealer can get one. Not like Dodge with the Viper, no dealer has a present year in stock and you have to show the saleman a picture of one to remind them that they actually make the car.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride

Originally posted by xnvy
    ^I hear nobody wants to touch the wheels on your car?

I feel like the NSX came out 3 years too late. Not to mention I don't see how it could possible live up to all the hype or the amazing reputation of the original. Looks pretty nice though.
    Mine's not an R unfortunately.

My stock wheels are just run of the mill aluminum. Way to heavy lol.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    NC1

i'm sure this car is catered to people with money to blow right? not the budget ballers who need a payment plan
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    ute

Originally posted by max_boost
    i'm sure this car is catered to people with money to blow right? not the budget ballers who need a payment plan
    Plenty of exotics are financed. It's better for tax usually.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast