Quantcast
Do you own cowboy boots? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Do you own Cowboy boots?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 35.51%
  • No

81 58.70%
  • I used to.

8 5.80%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Do you own cowboy boots?

My Ride
    97 6.5 Turbo Diesel Silverado

Originally posted by Dave P

+1

Straight up comfort town when you get the right pair.

+1 I got two pairs...one steel toed, one regular...

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I'm not at all surprised at how many people own boots. For some reason every Stampede people act like "drugstore cowboy" is a compliment.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

I bought a pair 4 years ago. I wear them every day. The only time I wont wear them is at Stampede. I feel like a dork pretending to be a cowboy at Stampede. But they're my every day footwear. Except summer, then it's flip flops.

I need new heels on them now.

Never owned a pair because heels drive me insane. Can't stand walking about in that shit. Flat shoes FTW

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Never owned a pair and don't have any interest in them personally.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Stampede is like Halloween - people enjoy dressing up for the occassion. Doesn't mean they think they can start a ranch the next day.

I don't own any, still boggles my mind a bit how the hell they could be comfortable lol.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by msommers
    Stampede is like Halloween - people enjoy dressing up for the occassion. Doesn't mean they think they can start a ranch the next day.

I don't own any, still boggles my mind a bit how the hell they could be comfortable lol.
    lol yeah I don't get it. Uggs are comfortable. Lightweight slip-ons are comfortable. How the heck can cowboy boots be comfortable? They look stiff as a log

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    seinfeld clip

I had to actually get up and look in the front closet to see if I still had a pair and lo and behold I still have a pair of Alberta Boot Company western style boots. This current set are at least 25 years old, have been resoled at least twice, reheeled at least once and had the rubber heel caps replaced at least twice. I believe these are my third pair of western style boots and every pair were purchased at the Alberta Boot Company and made by them. I've always preferred the round toe style with the riding heel and pull tab holes and usually in a lighter tan colour - nothing fancy. The ABC boots have served me well through the decades, have protected my feet in motorbike accidents and were never purchased because I wanted to be a faux cowboy as I actually enjoyed wearing them. They have gone out of favour with me in the past few decades mostly because they just don't fit in with my lifestyle as much although maybe I should give them a try again - my Dad at 81 still regularly wears western boots and my two sons in their early-mid 20's both have ABC western style boots. As far as being comfortable, yupp very much so and even more so the older they get.

I guess what I like most about western style boots is they could easily be dressed up or down and with very little maintenance could go from working in the field or corral to being worn in a casual or even semi-formal setting. They weren't great for walking any great distance on hard surfaces, were pretty much deadly on wet surfaces or in winter but on the farm or in the country or general fishing, they were great. Maybe I need to give them a try again, yeah the current pair are quite old but they are great in that they show their years of experience in a very good way and are more than capable of serving me well for quite a while yet. I guess you could call me a very pro Alberta Boot Company kind of guy, been buying them since they were on 10th Avenue SW, first pair in 1981 and probably have at least one of the ancient ABC coupons still kicking around.
    Last edited by speedog; 09-18-2016 at 08:58 AM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Z

If you work downtown you'll eventually end up getting cowboy boots. You may think it won't happen but it will. Mine are very comfortable ~$140 from the place on 17th ave. I use mine once in a while, they are very durable but I have to wear dress shoes m-th
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Yes I own two sets of Alberta Boot Company shit kickers and I wear the newer pair almost half the time I leave the house. Comfortable and tough, who could ask for more?

the second pair on restricted to working on the car or camping (old pair)
    Last edited by MalibuStacy; 09-20-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

My Ride
    Lariat

Originally posted by msommers

The key to comfortable boots is buying something well made. Every Boot I sell/make has full leather insoles and lining. That combined with a steel shank for arch support makes for some of the most comfortable footwear you can own. Once you break them in and the leather forms to your feet, you never want to take them off. Also, getting the proper width makes a big difference in comfort as well.

I had to actually get up and look in the front closet to see if I still had a pair and lo and behold I still have a pair of Alberta Boot Company western style boots. This current set are at least 25 years old, have been resoled at least twice, reheeled at least once and had the rubber heel caps replaced at least twice. I believe these are my third pair of western style boots and every pair were purchased at the Alberta Boot Company and made by them. I've always preferred the round toe style with the riding heel and pull tab holes and usually in a lighter tan colour - nothing fancy. The ABC boots have served me well through the decades, have protected my feet in motorbike accidents and were never purchased because I wanted to be a faux cowboy as I actually enjoyed wearing them. They have gone out of favour with me in the past few decades mostly because they just don't fit in with my lifestyle as much although maybe I should give them a try again - my Dad at 81 still regularly wears western boots and my two sons in their early-mid 20's both have ABC western style boots. As far as being comfortable, yupp very much so and even more so the older they get.

I guess what I like most about western style boots is they could easily be dressed up or down and with very little maintenance could go from working in the field or corral to being worn in a casual or even semi-formal setting. They weren't great for walking any great distance on hard surfaces, were pretty much deadly on wet surfaces or in winter but on the farm or in the country or general fishing, they were great. Maybe I need to give them a try again, yeah the current pair are quite old but they are great in that they show their years of experience in a very good way and are more than capable of serving me well for quite a while yet. I guess you could call me a very pro Alberta Boot Company kind of guy, been buying them since they were on 10th Avenue SW, first pair in 1981 and probably have at least one of the ancient ABC coupons still kicking around.
    Glad to hear your boots treated you so well after all these years! If you can find that coupon we will still honour it, they never expire!
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Originally posted by asp integra

The key to comfortable boots is buying something well made. Every Boot I sell/make has full leather insoles and lining. That combined with a steel shank for arch support makes for some of the most comfortable footwear you can own. Once you break them in and the leather forms to your feet, you never want to take them off. Also, getting the proper width makes a big difference in comfort as well.

x2

My Ride
    08 Civc LX, 03 Durango, 11 Duramax

I have 3 pairs

2 Pairs of Steel Toed cowboy boots for work
    1 pair of Ariat's that I pretty much wear every day

Summer - Flip Flops
    Every other time of the year - cowboy boots.

The key is sizing... I used to buy my boots in a EE or EEE, then i was fitted properly and im actually a "D" its night and day difference.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I'm even more surprised at how many claim to wear boots every day. Not that I spend all the time walking with my face pointed down, but again, I honestly can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing cowboy boots out in public when not Stampede/some sort of country festival.

Also, as expected, 780tuners is trending where I expected, about 10% of people have cowboy boots.

I like the uggs argument BigMass brought up. Maybe that should be the next poll, see how many beyonders have uggs or crocs

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    I'm even more surprised at how many claim to wear boots every day. Not that I spend all the time walking with my face pointed down, but again, I honestly can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing cowboy boots out in public when not Stampede/some sort of country festival.

Also, as expected, 780tuners is trending where I expected, about 10% of people have cowboy boots.

I like the uggs argument BigMass brought up. Maybe that should be the next poll, see how many beyonders have uggs or crocs
    Knowing beyond... the results would be predictable...

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Sure; the day that uggs become part of my uniform I'll start that thread.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by g-m
    If you work downtown you'll eventually end up getting cowboy boots. You may think it won't happen but it will. Mine are very comfortable ~$140 from the place on 17th ave. I use mine once in a while, they are very durable but I have to wear dress shoes m-th
    13 years downtown and I'm still boot free. I'm not a huge stampede fan and I'm not very susceptible to peer pressure.

No uggs or crocs, not now, not ever.
    Last edited by speedog; 09-20-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3