Quantcast
Forza Horizon 3 Hype - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 3 Hype

My Ride
    Grimace

Default Forza Horizon 3 Hype

Forza hype. Demo is out on XBL for those with an Xbox One. Game is awesome according to reviews and comes out this Friday if you have the Ultimate edition. All others next Tuesday.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I feel like the last Horizon just came out. Keeping up with Forza games is becoming like an EA sports franchise...

I'm sure its going to be pretty good. But I doubt i will buy this, certainly not for full price.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Been playing the demo for the last 2 weeks. Lots of fun. Can't wait for it to come out. Definitely not paying $129.99 for the early access.

I just split the $99.99 one with my buddy with sharing gold between our two xb1's. Definitely worth it that way

Pre-Ordered the deluxe version. Can't wait!

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by killramos
    I feel like the last Horizon just came out. Keeping up with Forza games is becoming like an EA sports franchise...

I'm sure its going to be pretty good. But I doubt i will buy this, certainly not for full price.
    You joker. It is one motorsport game every two years and one horizon game every two years. That is easily enough time between and they might come out with a third title. I much prefer this instead of 5-6 year GT iterations!

Originally posted by eglove
    Been playing the demo for the last 2 weeks. Lots of fun. Can't wait for it to come out. Definitely not paying $129.99 for the early access.

I just split the $99.99 one with my buddy with sharing gold between our two xb1's. Definitely worth it that way
    But I need the car pack and car pass because I gotta collect em' all!

Will also be nice to try it out on PC.

My Ride
    Grimace

Played it a ton over the weekend. The game is awesome.The setting up your own festival is great as it lets you use the car you want all the time, kind of similar to the last game, but then you can also make championships or exhibition based on the race. Lots of new skills challenges, tons of barn finds and fun street racing (Only way to unlock a few of the cars).
    The map feels much more varied than the first so you have I think four total festivals, downtown track racing, suburb/offroad racing, desert racing and forest offroad racing. You get to upgrade the festivals based on what you like and each level unlocks more races/challenges.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^ Where is it based on this time?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    2003 Saab 9-3 Vector; 2015 Jeep Wrangler

I think I heard it was Australia. I think I may have to try this one out on PC since I missed the last few not owning an Xbox of any sort.

My Ride
    Grimace

Australia. This is almost the full map, extends into the white area in the bottom left and the city portion in the top right
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version Lots of exploring to do. I like the city racing the most so far but driving the desert bit in a subaru is great fun too.

Originally posted by kragnorok

I think I heard it was Australia. I think I may have to try this one out on PC since I missed the last few not owning an Xbox of any sort.
    I would hold off for now until they improve the PC performance with a patch. I tried it a few times on the weekend, but it runs much worse than Apex so I ended up playing the majority on my xbox.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Compared to previous Horizons, what are people's thoughts?

I haven't been totally in love with the last two. First one was okay, second one I just didn't really get into enough. I much preferred the feel of forza motorsports over horizon, but I typically like open world games. Just debating on buying or not, can't get into games like I use to.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by NoPulp

I haven't been totally in love with the last two. First one was okay, second one I just didn't really get into enough. I much preferred the feel of forza motorsports over horizon, but I typically like open world games. Just debating on buying or not, can't get into games like I use to.
    1 was fun because it was the first one. I hated the fact that it was 'open world' but half the map was inaccessible due to guard rails etc. that you couldn't drive through.

2 was great because of the larger more open map. The addition of more offroading was also nice and allowing you to use the cars you want.

3 is the best because of the larger more diverse map. Many more cars, you do the planning so you can choose which festival areas you enjoy along with making your own races (Choose car types etc, conditions, time, type of race) and bucket challenges. One of my favorite new features is convoys. Honk your horn at passing drivitars and they will cruise with you following your waypoints or car. They help you explore to find boards in the game and you can also gain more XP based on perks and race them to random destinations. Just a much better overall package than the others.

I prefer normal Forza also, but this is a nice change just to cruise around the map and enjoy the sights and cars.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by NoPulp

tell me about it. I won't even buy an Xbox one until Xbox 2 or whatever variant they come out with, comes out.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    tell me about it. I won't even buy an Xbox one until Xbox 2 or whatever variant they come out with, comes out.
    Outside of Nintendo, there likely won't be any more console generations, just revisions of the existing ala PC. Xbox Scorpio (4k gameplay) won't be out for another year and will be more $$$ than the existing OG or Xbox One S, so if you can get a good deal, worth getting one now to play the good games.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

Good as it looks?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Running 4k on med/high settings (can do 1080 at ultra but prefer the higher res) on my GTX 1070 and loving it. Haven't tried my G27 wheel with it yet, was gonna try this weekend if i can find a way to use it in the living room

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by schocker

You joker. It is one motorsport game every two years and one horizon game every two years. That is easily enough time between and they might come out with a third title. I much prefer this instead of 5-6 year GT iterations!
    Well I did indeed break down and buy this, 30 bucks off. What made me decide?

This:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/29/...and-blizzards/

Man I would have been pissed off if I forked over 100 bucks for ultimate edition and then 2 months later have to pay extra for this
    Last edited by killramos; 11-29-2016 at 01:50 PM.

fact.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Love playing this on my PC in 4k every once in awhile, too bad I can only get around 30fps on ultra. Shoulda bought a gtx 1080 lol. Though I do play more on the xbox as it's just easier to sit down on the couch and play. Only got 6 achievements left to do (3 star the PR stunts and do a championship at every single race location included in those...those are going to take a loooong time)

Can't wait for the expansion but it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for $34.99 usd lol

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

I hope the expansion is at least half as good as it sounds!
    I have been getting bored of the game, this should perk my interest again.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

sweet !!

My Ride
    Grimace

Man I would have been pissed off if I forked over 100 bucks for ultimate edition and then 2 months later have to pay extra for this
    It's like $1/hr so idgaf

Can't wait. Have always wanted some type of snow in the game. I was expecting more cars though... at least all can be equipped with winter tires.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast