Quantcast
Photography "Side Business" Starting Help - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Photography "Side Business" Starting Help

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

It's the same as anything... but workshops/public speaking/etc must pay pretty well if you look at all the different people and industries that do it. Like those vegas house flippers that now go around "teaching" people how to do it. They had a tv show and were doing pretty big deals, ballin offices, and driving some flashy cars. But I mean if you can sign up 50+ suckers once a month at a couple hundred or thousand a piece.. why not?

My Ride
    fiat abarth

I'd said run workshops on how to take pictures of cars. Maybe hire some import models and charge $500+. Then sell dvd's on your workshops for $1k+. Maybe design some flash mods and tripods.

In all seriousness, figure out what exact are you selling and what people are going to be willing to pay for it. Is it the experience? Quantity? Quality? The style? Basically, you can't sell a generic style for much money.

I had an idea long time ago for a car photography business where you would provide a full model shoot package, where you would bring the import models, MUA, equipment and lighting. And you photography the client's car with models posing in/ on/ around the car. Maybe some lifestyle rolling shots of the owner and said models. This way you would be selling art, experience and fantasy. I could see some people paying ok money for it.

Basically, no one is really willing to pay up for straight up photos. It has to be different, and the client buy something with value that he can't get if he just posts an ad on kijiji.

good luck.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

IMO models are very 90s/early 2000, nobody wants that anymore. I've been approached by people trying to sell that in the past, nobody was interested. But yeah I get your point, you have to sell something special or else nobody wants to pay.
    Last edited by NoPulp; 10-03-2016 at 06:11 PM.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4