Quantcast
Rogers place - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rogers place

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Default Rogers place

Went up to see drake at the new arena he put on a good show but we left the arena frustrated.

$12 beers plus no alcohol after 9:30( concert went till 12:15), zero parking that I can tell, no room to walk in front of seats, we were in level 2 and felt a million miles away ( bad purchase on our part, but the saddledome lvl 2 is much closer as it over hangs).

Really? Everyone I know who has sat in the second level has said its been better than Rexall. And I thought Rexall was better that the Saddledome for the second level.

My Ride
    LNF

I have only been to one concert at the saddledome but I remember everything being similarly priced to Rexall place.

At Rexall Place beer was 8.5 for 16 oz and now its 11 for a 20 oz so not really that much of a difference.

And yeah parking can be a shitshow but they have created and recommend using a app where you prebook a spot. It works out to be about the same as it did at rexall. Also, they are still building new lots around the area. Arena just opened and the infrastructure around it is not quite yet completed.

Anyway you look at it, it beats the old arena which was in the hood with nothing around it for dinner or entertainment.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

No alcohol after 9:30 is often a request by artists. I know Metallica is pretty strict about no alcohol purchases after the show starts. That's when you try to get some box seats with unlimited booze.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I didn't keep track of the size of the beers maybe it was comparable. I remember 7 or 8 at the saddledome. Shutting the booze down wasn't a deal breaker either as I was drunk enough but would have drank more.

I'm from calgary so first time at a concert in Edmonton, like I said the seating was my own fault I just expected it to be comparable to the saddledome and I felt so far away. Lvl 1 row 1 was about $500 a seat, lvl 2 row 4 was $120 I think.

I had a good time just some things to expect in a few years when we get a new arena here. Going back in 3 weeks for kayne.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I hope we get a new Arena soon. I'm tired of going to Edmonton for concerts.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    NC1

^^^

Also, $17.50 for a beer at AC Centre in T.O lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by danno
    I didn't keep track of the size of the beers maybe it was comparable. I remember 7 or 8 at the saddledome. Shutting the booze down wasn't a deal breaker either as I was drunk enough but would have drank more.

I'm from calgary so first time at a concert in Edmonton, like I said the seating was my own fault I just expected it to be comparable to the saddledome and I felt so far away. Lvl 1 row 1 was about $500 a seat, lvl 2 row 4 was $120 I think.

I had a good time just some things to expect in a few years when we get a new arena here. Going back in 3 weeks for kayne.
    The ticket prices were really screwed up. I was in level 1 for 150ish with all the stupid fees. The week of there was floor seats for that price.

The new arena is pretty nice and entry is a breeze even with security. The thing I didn't like was with water. Firstly it is $5 a bottle but you can't keep the bottle and the cups don't hold the entire bottle so you have people chugging the remainder of the bottle holding up the line.

The bottle thing is due to the Artist request.

They don't want them thrown during the show.

My Ride
    impreza

Originally posted by max_boost
    ^^^

Also, $17.50 for a beer at AC Centre in T.O lol
    Gotta pay extra for those sippy cup lids

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by sneek

Firstly it is $5 a bottle but you can't keep the bottle and the cups don't hold the entire bottle so you have people chugging the remainder of the bottle holding up the line.
    Wait what?

My Ride
    This and that.

I was there too.

My condo is a 5 minute walk so I didn't have to worry about parking. But everything is ridiculously priced. $12 beer, $18 double gin and tonic and food ridiculously priced. And yes on the water thing above as I did the same. The remainder is negligible amount but a sip is a sip especially when it costs $5.

The arena itself is quite nice and super big from inside. Views are decent as one side looks into downtown. Can even see my condo high rise from there lol. Level two does feel like you are a million years away. I thought Rexall was closer than this personally. As for the show itself, if it wasn't for the wife I wouldn't be there in a million years.

My Ride
    Gas guzzler!

Rogers Arena in Vancouver was the same with the water, had to wait in line while they opened the bottle to pour it in to a large cup when I went to see Adele in concert.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Interesting, I've been to lots of events where they'd take the bottle cap away and just give you the bottle (i guess so if you throw it, it doesn't go as far? not sure)

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Who drinks water at a game/concert? lol I will have to try that though.

Last night I was in one of the theater boxes and I have to say that is my favorite so far (been in our gold seats and loge seats). Only issue with the theater boxes is they don't work for the concerts (behind the stage). But it was great watching the game from there and the bar and buffet behind the seats was awesome. And everyone from the other theater boxes all chat which is cool. I was next to a guy that owns several auto dealerships in Edmonton and he has the theater box and loge seats and is thinking about getting a second theater box.

I have been loving the new arena with the exception that a few of my favorite restaurants are downtown and now when my wife and I try to go for dinner we have to consider if there is an event going on because of traffic and parking. Fortunately I have a 24/7 parking stall about two blocks from the arena but unfortunately, I can't get into it if there is an event. lol

I hope Calgary gets a new venue started soon. The dome is really showing its age (just like Rexal was).

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Really? Everyone I know who has sat in the second level has said its been better than Rexall. And I thought Rexall was better that the Saddledome for the second level.
    The Saddledome's 2nd level is closer to the ice than any other arena in the league because they had to remove a decent sized section of the lower bowl in 1995 to add the 40+ luxury suites which enabled them to bring down the 2nd level over top of the suites. You can bet the next building (whenever it gets built) will have more traditional larger lower bowl (more seats to charge $$$$) and 2nd level further away.