Quantcast
Village Honda backs out of Contract - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Village Honda backs out of Contract

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

Default Village Honda backs out of Contract

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-de...ment-1.3090170

A Calgary woman says a local dealership changed its mind on a sale, under questionable circumstances, after she signed a contract and left a deposit. Kim Ruppe decided on a 2016 Honda Odyssey minivan for her growing family. She negotiated a price with the sales staff at Village Honda and was told it would take two weeks for her van to arrive from a location outside the province.

Ruppe signed the bill of sale and left a $1,000 deposit. PHOTOS Village Honda - Calgary Vehicles in the Village Honda sales lot in northwest Calgary A short time later, Ruppe called Village Honda looking for an update and was told her van’s delivery would take six more weeks and that she would have to pay an additional $2,500 to correct a financing mistake. While waiting for her van to arrive, Honda Canada sent Ruppe a questionnaire asking about her sales experience. Ruppe gave Village Honda low makes and mentioned that she would tell everyone to avoid the dealership.

The day after she submitted her completed questionnaire, Ruppe says she received an email from Village Honda’s general manager stating: “The deal was cancelled yesterday because every turn seems to be a terrible experience for you. And it appears we are not able to live up to you standards as a customer” “I filled it all out because you wanted that information and, yet, I was penalized for that,” said Ruppe. “We thought it was quite childish. We thought it was almost like a joke. My husband wrote back and said ‘No, we still want our product. Are you going to give it to us?’” “(The general manager) was dead serious. He cancelled it and he was ‘No, you’ve been refunded and you’re not getting it’.” Ruppe still wanted the minivan but the dealer maintained it was not obliged to sell it to her. CTV Calgary’s Consumer Watch reporter, Lea Williams-Doherty, investigated the legalities of the situation on Ruppe’s behalf. Williams-Doherty contacted Barry Jordan, Village Honda’s general manager, by phone and he confirmed he cancelled the deal because the customers were impossible to please. Jordan maintained the contract wasn’t binding as Ruppe had yet to take possession of the minivan or pay the full price.

Williams-Doherty reached out to AMVIC (Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council), the province’s auto regulator, looking for further clarification on when an auto sales contract becomes binding. In a statement, AMVIC said: "Generally speaking, a signed bill of sale between a buyer and a seller would be considered final. There is no "cooling off" period, so that means that once the contract is signed, in most cases, it is binding." Ruppe has since purchased a different van from T & T Honda for nearly $10,000 more than the price she had negotiated with Village Honda. A complaint has been filed with AMVIC.
    Sounds to me like it was a done deal and everything was agreed to and signed off on. I would think that they would want to avoid such bad publicity by remedying the issue with the customer.
    Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Interesting, yet if the customer tried to back out of the contract, it wouldn't be that easy. Buncha children.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    V8s

Any lawyers here can correct me, but it sounds like that would be a slam dunk if the lady took the dealer to small claims.

I'd certainly try that.

Originally posted by LadyLuck
    Interesting, yet if the customer tried to back out of the contract, it wouldn't be that easy. Buncha children.
    And that $1000 deposit....bye bye.

Also Kim is hot. That is all. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Exploded.

^ yup would hit.

Originally posted by LadyLuck
    That's the troubling part of this whole situation. Double standards suck.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

There must be more to the story here.

I'm wondering about the customer survey, perhaps someone who works in the industry can chime in here. If the deal is cancelled and the transaction never actually happens, perhaps the negative survey results get tossed and it doesn't count against the dealership. They seem to take those things pretty seriously.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The surveys are serious business. They are a big factor in determining allocations across dealerships. High customer satisfaction means you'll get more high profit allocations, limited edition vehicles, compared to your competing dealership.

Back in the day, I've seen salespeople game the system by doing the survey themselves in exchange for gifts and free accessories and service to the car buyer. I think that practice has stopped now though with corporate busting dealerships for pulling that stunt.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

with my Volvo the dealership they were very strict that any surveys they send out must-have all 5 stars on it or its considered a fail.

While my overall impressions of the dealership has been awesome I did respond a survey one time that wasn't 5 stars. In doing so I was scolded at the service counter about how that hurts their purchasing power and how it negatively affects them.

They went as far as to tell me if I give any negative comments that my future visits wouldn't go very smooth.

My survey response was pretty honest. Love my car, no major complaints but having to wait 6 weeks for a warranty issue was a bit extreme.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by BokCh0y

Yea, but also stupid as shit

Ruppe has since purchased a different van from T & T Honda for nearly $10,000 more than the price she had negotiated with Village Honda.
    Fuck me, I wish I had that kind of money, "oh, the price went up $2500? Oh well. Oh, they don't want to sell me a vehicle? Meh, I'll go spend $10k more at the other dealership"

But it is funny how all sales managers seem to be immature manchildren. Like, who the f*&k does that to a customer?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Using surveys as a threat mechanism defeats the purpose of it.

My Ride
    Lariat

They would have been better off to go on with the deal and loose a few grand, Im sure that will lose much more from the bad publicity.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

Originally posted by asp integra
    They would have been better off to go on with the deal and loose a few grand, Im sure that will lose much more from the bad publicity.
    My thoughts exactly. Why risk losing a single purchase from a potential customer by giving a big middle finger to a current customer.....
    Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

My Ride
    Lariat

Haha Ditto, I love beyond
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Skateboard

When I bought my first Honda the sales guy told me to bring in the survey for a free tank of gas. Since the surveys are electronic now, every car I buy the sales guy says anything less than a 10 is a fail. The surveys are worthless to the customer and not really used to improve the car buying experience.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The surveys are used by the manufacturers as a big stick to control the dealerships. a couple bad ones in a row can absolutely ruin a dealerships month.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

note to self, use the survey as a bargaining tool.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Fuck me, I wish I had that kind of money, "oh, the price went up $2500? Oh well. Oh, they don't want to sell me a vehicle? Meh, I'll go spend $10k more at the other dealership"

But it is funny how all sales managers seem to be immature manchildren. Like, who the f*&k does that to a customer?
    I assume she went from the SE to EX-L Navi or EX-L Res in order for there to be a $10k bump. Assuming say $1k down, and full 60 month finance, it'll still be roughly per month more over the course of that time plus interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I assume she went from the SE to EX-L Navi or EX-L Res in order for there to be a $10k bump. Assuming say $1k down, and full 60 month finance, it'll still be roughly per month more over the course of that time plus interest.
    I know, its not really the amount, just the "I can afford the payments" mentality.

I could finance a BMW M2 right now, but would I? F*&k no. It just surprises me is all, some people's attitude towards money (HiTemp wanders off and goes and drops $5k on the rallycar )

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by gwill

They went as far as to tell me if I give any negative comments that my future visits wouldn't go very smooth.

My survey response was pretty honest. Love my car, no major complaints but having to wait 6 weeks for a warranty issue was a bit extreme.
    Aside from the warranty, has Volve tried to pull anything shady during your visits?

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

It's not like she's paying for it

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast