Quantcast
Westworld - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Westworld

My Ride
    is broken

Type_S1 this show. Its not meant for you..

I loved it.
    Multiple worlds in the show, confirmed!
    William is the Man in Black, confirmed!
    Dolores is Wyatt, confirmed!
    Bernard is back, confirmed!
    Hosts murder everyone, confirmed!
    AND a post-credits scene!
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

Originally posted by jacky4566
    Type_S1 this show. Its not meant for you..

I loved it.
    Multiple worlds in the show, confirmed!
    William is the Man in Black, confirmed!
    Dolores is Wyatt, confirmed!
    Bernard is back, confirmed!
    Hosts murder everyone, confirmed!
    AND a post-credits scene!
    Obviously not....from what I've been reading online it's fans are saying it's one of the best shows of all time which is laughable. I honestly did not think the writing was as creative as everyone is claiming it is.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I'm not sure if its one of the best shows of all time, but it is one of the better shows that has been on TV in a long time.. I was left satisfied, even though i have a hell of a lot of questions (Where the hell is Abernathy, or the security dude....did he kill Logan?)

My Ride
    ute

Originally posted by Type_S1
    Sounds like I am the only one in the thread with this opinion but I thought the season was pretty boring, predictable and a very average writing. The "mysteries" were not very interesting and I really could care less about anything other then "what the hell is the maze".

Again, sounds like I'm the only one but I could just not get into anything happening or buy into any characters the entire season.
    TV shows are a matter of taste.

But this one delivered. The writing, acting, production quality and the creativity of the world and premise were all outstanding. It's one of the top shows for sure.

It's not knocking The Wire, Breaking Bad, or Deadwood off any pedestals, but it's up there with the best.

I would love to visit Samurai World.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Buster

TV shows are a matter of taste.

But this one delivered. The writing, acting, production quality and the creativity of the world and premise were all outstanding. It's one of the top shows for sure.

It's not knocking The Wire, Breaking Bad, or Deadwood off any pedestals, but it's up there with the best.
    That is a very good way to put it, especially the end of your statement. Once stuff reached a certain point, a lot of the story was "predetermined". Overall, its a great show.

As I mentioned, the actual season ending left me a bit wanting though.

I too think its underground, that was the first thing I said when I saw all the stairs and unused floors. Very strange that so many parts are abandoned!

My Ride
    ute

We assumed the writers have figured all of this stuff out.

They built in a few things that they can use to build out coming stories, and that will be their raw material, but chances are they have no idea what next season will look like.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

I agree the writing was a bit sloppy at time, in terms of character concept, and arc development. but most people mainly enjoyed the minor details of the show, like subtle clues in the back ground, which you wouldn't necessary be intent to watch.

Other things like though provoking episode titles that tied into the whole story plot were a nice treat.
    Even things like the show opening scenes give you lots to study, and digest to further formulate theories.
    And even other little touches like the songs played by the auto piano in the brothel, which tied in perfectly for each episode made for great viewing.

I suppose shows like this reward those who invest more time into going over the minor details.

Shows Like GOF, are visually stunning, and there are obvious story arcs that really grab you; but with that show too, if you took the time to really go over every scene, its like a treasure trove of little clues.

JJ Abrahms has come to grow on me, as a director... His earlier work such as Cloverfield really threw me off, but he has progressed dramatically since then.
    Last edited by RickDaTuner; 12-06-2016 at 11:45 AM.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Originally posted by RickDaTuner

And even other little touches like the songs played by the auto piano in the brothel, which tied in perfectly for each episode made for great viewing.
    Using exit song was pretty freaking awesome...

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Gdamned I can't wait for season 2 now, good ending I thought and more enjoyable than most tv shows as of late imo. Joy and Nolan already alluded that there will be much more explanation in the next iteration. (also answered in the interview from IGN below)

Originally posted by Quizzes
    I would love to visit Samurai World.
    When they entered the room, immediately I was like thinking, man they gotta do Feudal Japan after showing this. As the original movie suggested there were other era theme parks you could go to like the Roman and Medieval world.

IGN: You guys had the super fun reveal of this other park with the SW initials. Is it Samurai World, Shogun World? And did you know from the start you where going to introduce other parks just as the film had?

Nolan: We knew from the beginning we were going to introduce other parks. We knew from the beginning because the beautiful playful, somewhat incestual relationship between the great westerns and the great easterns of the '50s and '60s -- specifically, the Kurosawa films that were then remade as Magnificent Seven and all the delicious, my favorite Sergio Leone westerns, Yojimbo becoming a A Fistful of Dollars, etc. Given the nature, the meta nature of the narrative here, that it had to be… That Shogun would have to be the next world that we stepped into. Also, my personal collection of samurai swords was always something we could use.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/12/0...ct-in-season-2

My Ride
    ute

I was trying to think of a time I felt the writing to be sloppy. I couldn't think of a single one.

Be waiting quite a while for season 2, they aren't even planning on starting filming until the middle of 2017 at the earliest, which means late 2018 at best, so probably at least 2 years, if not more.

Oh man this show has been such a brain tease. I have completely loved watching these! My group of friends has been trying to figure out if this is on a different world and if Ford was making a copy of himself in his little basement (We saw someone being built when Bernard killed Theresa) ..

Ford has seemed to have everything planned out.. from the beginning to the end.. So for him to take himself out of the equation seems a bit odd.. I really believe that he has made a newer version of himself.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

I don't know why people get fixated over that one random robot he was building. He had ample time to build an army of bots if he chose to. He had full control over the facility so he could of made even more if he wanted.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

All the "out of service" robots are gone. he has an army.

Originally posted by Wakalimasu
    I don't know why people get fixated over that one random robot he was building. He had ample time to build an army of bots if he chose to. He had full control over the facility so he could of made even more if he wanted.
    Because the one robot was off the books, something that the board would never know about.
    Originally posted by Dumbass17
    what's an Egypt?
    Originally posted by Godfuader

Its the slang for being Electronically Jipped . Like going to an ATM and getting short changed. "You got E-Gypt"

And they said it was a slower machine to make it.. I think its a big deal if he is making a robot off the books in a private facility.. Why would they do those kinda over the shoulder shots of the new one being built and the lady dying.. You don't do insert shots for no reason.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Here's a video of Cracked Execs, on crack reviewing WestWorld...

The butt hurt is strong with these guys... lol

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Originally posted by Brent.ff

Using exit song was pretty freaking awesome...
    I caught that too and remembered a few of the lyrics that seemed totally appropriate for the scene and themes of the final episode.

Wake From your sleep
    The drying of Your tears
    Today We escape We escape
    Pack And get dressed Before your father hears us
    Before All hell Breaks loose
    Breathe Keep breathing
    Don't loose Your nerve Breathe Keep breathing
    I can't do this Alone Sing Us a song A song to keep Us warm
    There's Such a chill Such a chill
    You can laugh A spineless laugh
    We hope your Rules and wisdom choke you
    Now We are one In everlasting peace
    We hope that you choke
    That you choke We hope that you choke
    That you choke We hope That you choke
    That you choke

Finally caught up to the last episode on the weekend. Man was it ever bone chilling. If the show was not renewed for another season it would still be a decent conclusion to the series.

Spoiler:

I had to watch the last 30 mins twice to get a full grasp of everything that happened. At first I was disappointed that Maeve got off the train after all the work put in to escape but on second viewing it makes sense. Her daughter is her cornerstone memory and defines her whole identity. Gives me chills just thinking about that scene.

Ford's new narrative was a great twist that I don't think anyone saw coming. There's speculation that Ford has created a host version of himself but I doubt they will bring Hopkins back for another season given his age and cost.

Will be interesting to see where the story goes from here. Samurai/Shogun World looks frickin' awesome. My guess is the humans and hosts will battle for control of many of the other parks. My only complaint is that Ford's master plan worked to perfection. The hosts and people all ended up exactly where they needed to be at precisely the right time.
    Last edited by Manhattan; 12-12-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast