Quantcast
Westworld - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Yup that's one of the hosts the MIB acknowledges from the past, and is one of the many indicators that lead to the MIB identity.

My Ride
    ute

The multiple timeline thing does make sense. They've put a lot of effort into avoiding the regular infrastructure of the park (the security guy, etc) in the "early" timeline.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Originally posted by Buster
    Has anyone noticed that the Talulah Riley host was the host the introduced William to the park, and then she is now the host that is with MIB at the camp fire?

(Also, she is Elon Musk's wife.)
    Would that not imply that the William timeline is much earlier than the others? They don't interact with any other groups that we've seen.

My Ride
    ute

Originally posted by JustinL

Would that not imply that the William timeline is much earlier than the others? They don't interact with any other groups that we've seen.
    yes....the hints they have dropped are exactly the type of hints that a tv writer drops. The show is very well written, and good writers don't drop in numerous "good to see you again delores" type lines without them having a purpose. We're in for a sixth sense event, i think. Also, all the references to william being senior at some large corporation, and then becoming a titan of industry.

My Ride

Williams time line sits at the recent opening of the park, another clue that they gave us was when Logan cut open Delores, and she shows us a metal structure, from the Gen 1 Hosts.

The newer hosts all have "Wetworks" as was mentioned by Elsie during one of her episodes.
    Last edited by RickDaTuner; 11-29-2016 at 10:41 AM.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
    Williams time line sits at the recent opening of the park, another clue that the they gave us was when Logan cut open Delores, and she shows us a metal structure, from the Gen 1 Hosts.

The newer hosts all have "Wetworks" as was mentioned by Elsie during one of her episodes.
    Do we think one of these guys IS the MIB? Logan is always wearing black... and seems to be becoming an owner of the park...

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Do we think one of these guys IS the MIB? Logan is always wearing black... and seems to be becoming an owner of the park...
    it's gonna be william. he was the one that recognized the host that introduced him to the park as being repurposed. William also works at the same company as logan. Pretty apparent that the park is turning William from a white-hat, good guy, to a black hat bad guy - ie. MIB

Re: the photo. I think that MIB had it in the first episode (photo of his now-dead wife), and dropped it accidentally, probably when shot. Abernathy found it next day.

My Ride

I think the probability of one of them being the MIB is 99.9999% I'm leaning heavily towards it being William, given his recollection of Angela from his first arrival at the park.

My Ride
    ute

They also have the same knife, and wear the same shirt.

My Ride

Originally posted by Buster
    They also have the same knife, and wear the same shirt.
    Nice catch...

My Ride

Annnnndd...

Every theory we all fixated on are now meaningless....

Well fucking done. That's about the most enjoyable mind fuck I've ever had... lol
    Last edited by RickDaTuner; 12-12-2016 at 09:53 PM.

OK, so i think that the real ford is dead, but he's gonna be back as robot ford. i think he was waiting for Delores to find her own consciousness (the maze) so that she can teach robot ford how to gain consciousness. I think Ford knew that he would eventually die, and since he was obsessed with the park and the bots, he wanted to build himself and transfer his memories into a robot. but in order to truly live immortally, he had to have a consciousness, which he didn't know how to achieve. I think Arnold was trying to help the robots figure out their consciousness, but then he saw how dangerous it could get if the robots gained consciousness and wouldn't be under the humans control, so he got Delores and teddy to kill all the hosts and himself so that the park woudl get shut down. Once Delores found out that the voice in her head was her own consciousness, Ford knew that it was time to start the new "narrative" and he got her to kill him, and get rid of the Delos board, so he could come back as a robot, get Delores to teach him how to gain consciousness, and he can run the world with the bots.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I'm a bit disappointed I was wrong, but now my question is, what do later seasons entail?

The MIB story arch is... disappointing for some reason. I think it would have been way more of a mindfuck if it turned out to be Logan all along as the MIB

My Ride
    Integra Type R

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    I'm a bit disappointed I was wrong, but now my question is, what do later seasons entail?

The MIB story arch is... disappointing for some reason. I think it would have been way more of a mindfuck if it turned out to be Logan all along as the MIB
    Spoiler:
    probably a different world, maybe a samurai world from what they showed towards the end
    wh...?

Originally posted by me_dennis
    OK, so i think that the real ford is dead, but he's gonna be back as robot ford...
    I'd definitely agree with the Ford part, I think there was some foreshadowing in the episode where Bernard was revealed to be a host, there was a synth being built in the lab off the books. Originally I thought it was going to be a replacement for Theresa but after they initially found her body and based on everything that's happened Ford is definitely the prime candidate for that.
    Originally posted by Dumbass17
    what's an Egypt?
    Originally posted by Godfuader

Its the slang for being Electronically Jipped . Like going to an ATM and getting short changed. "You got E-Gypt"

My Ride
    G6

I liked the episode.

Where do you guys think Westworld is? Popular theory I've heard is either underground or on another planet. I don't believe either as I'm pretty sure I saw the Moon in one scene with what looked like cities on it.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Love it. I still dunno what Ford's up to.

Best parts of the episode, Armistice , please come back, Felix getting confused of himself .

The man in black story all the sudden looks the least interesting.

Ellsie and Stubbs? WTF happened to these two?

Bye bye walking dead, I even forgot to set the recorder for ya.

Originally posted by Feruk
    I liked the episode.

Where do you guys think Westworld is? Popular theory I've heard is either underground or on another planet. I don't believe either as I'm pretty sure I saw the Moon in one scene with what looked like cities on it.
    I just checked out that scene you're referring to and the moon looks normal, I think what you are thinking of as cities are crater marks. If you search Moon and then images, every photo looks the same as what was shown in the show. I think it's an asteroid in earth's orbit (no particular reason, I just feel like the park would need to be disconnected from everything to avoid any potential issues), or on the actual moon. That's based on the reference "moon mad" in episode 3. Which could mean that people living on the moon go crazy often, or the current reference where people act crazy during a full moon which a more likely scenario considering the events that transpire when we see the full moon. Where ever it is, it's likely not on earth. Because of how big of a deal it was for the board members to get there.
    Originally posted by Dumbass17
    what's an Egypt?
    Originally posted by Godfuader

Its the slang for being Electronically Jipped . Like going to an ATM and getting short changed. "You got E-Gypt"

My Ride

So much bait left behind in the season finale. Its great that we got to see so much of each characters back stories, but after Sunday they can basically start back at Zero, and it would still be a successful show had it started with season 2 content.

I think given the fact that you can reach WW by train; it has to be underground, the endless chasms of stairs and levels with what looks like life support equipment makes you think otherwise...

its going to be a long wait till the fall of 2017, I suppose that will give us all an opportunity to review the minor details of season 1.

I for one hope we see more of all the major roles.

Sounds like I am the only one in the thread with this opinion but I thought the season was pretty boring, predictable and a very average writing. The "mysteries" were not very interesting and I really could care less about anything other then "what the hell is the maze".

Again, sounds like I'm the only one but I could just not get into anything happening or buy into any characters the entire season.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast