Quantcast
Westworld - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Saw this in my facebook feed...people with way too much spare time.

http://www.businessinsider.com/westw...-black-2016-10

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/18/west...-man-in-black/
    There's also the theory that Bernard is actually an android and Ford made him have the same drive as 'Arthur' supposedly, to allow the hosts to have more self-aware attributes. . The voice that Delores hears throughout sounds like either Ford or Bernard imo.

But judging by the latest trailers I've seen, it's still too early make a theory at this point.

Also if the bullets/knives the guests use can damage the hosts/androids, what stops a guest from shooting or stabbing another guest?

Originally posted by n1zm0
    Also if the bullets/knives the guests use can damage the hosts/androids, what stops a guest from shooting or stabbing another guest?
    Hosts are made to be easily penetrated by rubber bullets kinda like paintballs. Axes and knives can hurt human guests and only made available to hosts with special clearance. Guests can hurt other guests with these tactile weapons.

Androids can't hurt guests with these weapons, but what about open hand combat? Pretty sure humans will lose that battle.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Not so shocking twist last night, it was still pretty shocking due to Jeffrey Wright's acting. So all the conversations between Dolores and Bernard were Ford's idea after all or were they? So many ways the story can go. This is my favourite show at the moment.

My Ride
    '16 Golf TSI

Spoiler:
    Bernard is a replica of Arnold, that's why he couldn't see the third person in the photo of Ford, Ford's dad, and Arnold. He couldn't see what would hurt him. The Dolores discussions were with Arnold and are from a different timeline.

(at least that's what the smart people are putting their money on)

*head asplode*

A bit disappointed in the direction this show has taken. Instead of exploring all the possibilities of self aware robots it has arched more towards a convoluted story line. Guess I should have expected this considering its the same writers as Lost, Interstellar, and Momento.

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Phenomenal. TV budgets have really caught up..
    Heard stats that TV viewing is up and Movie viewing is down overall in Canada. So my guess is it is similar in the US so that's why the insurgence of TV programming. Just unsure how they're capitalizing on revenue like they would for a movie.

Originally posted by Quizzes
    Androids can't hurt guests with these weapons, but what about open hand combat? Pretty sure humans will lose that battle.
    It seems that Androids are programmed to let off or ignore your open threats. Saw that happen a few times. But yes, could be an exploit in the programming that goes against hand to hand combat.
    Or they figure that guest would be packing and would just shoot the android.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by mr2mike

Heard stats that TV viewing is up and Movie viewing is down overall in Canada.
    I would gladly pay $50 to watch a "seasons" worth of a current series like Westworld or GoT. I don't like Netflixs model of dumping the whole season at the start, I still like a "weekly" system because I can't control myself otherwise lol.

Even with those "2for1 date night" costco coupons that include pop and popcorn, its $30 to go see 1 movie. $50 for 10 episodes? Hell of a deal.

And as Netflix has shown, its not even that expensive. $8/month? Hell yea.

i like this show, but are there no cctvs that monitor those 2 guys that fixes maeve?? seriously...
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

Pretty interesting analysis of the show. I'm not nearly as astute as the people analyzing this show. Gives me a richer appreciation for it tho.

Episode was so good on Sunday. This show is always leaving me wanting more.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

This show is a mindfuck lol.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I have been watching this, good show
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

The timelines are so confusing in this show given that the hosts don't age, and you have two actors playing the same character each from the present and the past. I know I kept asking myself if this was all happening chronologically, or if they were showcasing different stories of interest that would all tie in later.

I didn't catch on to this until Sundays' episode literally threw it all in your face; looking back now though, you can see where they were baiting you with all repetitive scenes in the first few episodes.
    I think I'll have to go back and re watch the season with more intent.

I kinda wish they didn't reveal so much this past Sunday, as it seems like the plot is being rushed, but then again maybe the whole story is much more complex - in that you need to know pertinent details before moving forward....

So far it's been a refreshing show, and has totally met the HBO level of entertainment.
    Last edited by RickDaTuner; 11-28-2016 at 10:33 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

You know what would be a hilarious mindfuck? If all of this "ermagherd its all multiple timelines and stuff!" ends up not being real.

As in, everything is happening in real time, EXCEPT for the blatant flashbacks where a host is regaining memory.

Another thing a lot of people seem to forget is that to a host, the memories ARE real. I believe some are missing this in their analysis, its not so much dual timelines, as it is the hosts are reliving memories they forgot (Sometimes possibly even getting stuck in them).

I honestly don't think there are multiple timelines.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Spoiler:
    There are defintley two time lines happening with Delores, and Bernard/Arnold...

The times that she goes and visits Arnold in the old lab beneath the church - she is talking to Arnold
    The times that she is in the new labs - she is talking to Bernard.

The whole time I was waiting with anticipation trying to imagine what Arnold looked like, and the whole time they were showing us who he was, but it was always out of context, and made me wonder how the hosts would leave in the middle of the night to meet with Bernard(Arnold)

Delores also shows the two different time lines when she is with the Man in Black, and with William, who is one name calling away from being the same person (is the same person)

Most if not all the other characters depending on where you see them Delores/men in black, or Delores/William each follow the chronological flow, with the exception of a few, of whom the Man in Black makes note of through out each encounter.

Whats bugging me is if the Man In Black met the real Arnold or not, and now that Bernard is dead if they will just leave that for us to make our own assumptions...

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

] Again, there is a difference between timelines and flashbacks. Just because the host's memories are life-like, does not mean they still aren't flashbacks. I dislike that people are going "multiple timelines!!!11!1!1" when flashbacks are used in basically every form of film nowadays. Just because these ones are convoluted doesn't make them any different.

But I dont think William is the MIB either. Seems a little bit farfetched to go from loving Delorous to outright raping and killing her continuously for 30 years. MIB's reasons for visiting WestWorld for the first time are also different than Williams, or else he is lying when MIB talks about first visiting.

Easiest way to tell? Delorous is with William but the town is covered in sand. Delorous actually meets MIB in the church when it isnt covered. So either the town buries and unburies itself somehow constantly, or else (as I believe it to be) its a flashback (or even a hallucination). Or how about when she sees herself face down in the river bank? Thats with William. So either everything with William is a dream (unlikely) or this similiar scenario has played out before. I guess she could be having a flashback within another timeline, or a flashback within a flashback, but I dont know. It could also be whoever the voice is (bernard/arnold/ghost in the machine) messing with her.

I think a lot.of people get confused by the hosts saying "I've been here before". This clearly is a scenario that happens every couple of years, as Ford alludes to with Bernard

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Spoiler:
    spoiler tags to be kind..
    William also just went from refusing to shoot a weapon, to killing ~100 people while they slept

He's MIB..

Think you're missing the pretty apparent timelines, based on Dolores clothing.
    Dress = 35 years ago, meeting real Arnold
    Western wear with a hole in her gut = 30 years ago with William
    Western wear, no hole = current..which is why she ran into MIB at end of ep

Definitely a great show, either way
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 11-29-2016 at 09:12 AM.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Have we talked about the picture of William's fiance? Is that not the same picture that Abernathy found in episode 1 that caused his mind to break? I can't figure out what's going on with that. Same picture different timeline, or is William a host and this is part of the narrative?

My Ride
    ute

Has anyone noticed that the Talulah Riley host was the host the introduced William to the park, and then she is now the host that is with MIB at the camp fire?

(Also, she is Elon Musk's wife.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast