Quantcast
Garage Heaters - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Garage Heaters

My Ride
    09 Cayman, 14' Tacoma,09' Ninja 250, 82' XV920

Default Garage Heaters

Anyone here installing them still? I'd like to chat with someone with some experience with these. I did a search for EnRich but couldn't find his member ID to send a PM.

Garage specs 22 wide x 28 deep, 8' ceiling.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

InRich no longer exists on here either.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Interesting...
    http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s...o&userid=64939

when / why was he banned?!

Check his "last posted".

Also looking for someone to install, I'm going to dig my trench this weekend. approx 15 ft from meter to garage, electrical already run for heater

Originally posted by HomespunLobster
    Check his "last posted".

Also looking for someone to install, I'm going to dig my trench this weekend. approx 15 ft from meter to garage, electrical already run for heater
    If you are going forced air I posted my review/recommendation in the link posted earlier in this thread by jwslam.

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

Originally posted by jwslam
    Interesting...
    http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s...p;userid=64939

when / why was he banned?!

The guy came to my house to do a quote for a roof install, he represents himself in person as well as he did on the forums, music blasting from his X5 while he was looking at my house/talking to me and way over shot the bid...by 3k then when I told him how much more expensive he was he was magically able to reduce the price to almost match the competition, also he was very high pressure "If I can do it for this price can we start tomorrow" kind of thing. That was the first and last time I tried to use his services.

I have used Shift Air mechanical for a couple jobs, found them on kijiji actually great to deal with!! Give them a call.

http://www.shiftair.ca/

My Ride
    SpecB

Originally posted by topsecret

I have used Shift Air mechanical for a couple jobs, found them on kijiji actually great to deal with!! Give them a call.

We also used Brent @ Shift. He did a repair for us last year: Happy with the product and price.
    'Was actually just looking up his info to pass to someone else, so will send ya a PM
    Signatures are dumb..

Originally posted by topsecret

The guy came to my house to do a quote for a roof install, he represents himself in person as well as he did on the forums, music blasting from his X5 while he was looking at my house/talking to me and way over shot the bid...by 3k then when I told him how much more expensive he was he was magically able to reduce the price to almost match the competition, also he was very high pressure "If I can do it for this price can we start tomorrow" kind of thing. That was the first and last time I tried to use his services.

figured he'd be like that

Its not about being Jelly, but why is it that cunts like him who have bully and ignorant attitudes, low IQs, are the ones who become overnight successes?

I think its really a "roll" of the dice with every risk they take, and he's one of the few that lands midnights and snake eyes

I mean seriously... no credibility due to the lack of age in his business, other than subbing a couple "decent" contractors...

it reminds me of this one guy I know through an acquaintance who started a cribbing company. happened to have named it after a local concrete company...

Came from the peg without an education, drinks and almost fights every night at the bar... though a hard worker, has been fired from many concrete companies, and decides to start his own cribbing practice, and he guy can barely use a ruler.

he was spending all the revenue money without ever declaring taxes...
    somehow 3 years later he's rocking an estate home with an RS7

I guess with all these success stories, must be plenty of the same type of idiots who are now breaking into local community centers to steal snow clearing equipment.

I went with gas and haven't looked back.

I used G.I.Joe Plumbing and Heating, one of their family members will dig the ditch for cheap. As he does it for exercise.

I put a pretty big heater (I forgot the BTU). But my garage is 31x20 and 14'10" to the ceiling. This heater keeps my entire garage warm and my bill does not go up by much.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I'd like to do forced air in my attached garage, but will likely have to put it off for another year. I'm not even sure what to budget for something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    I'd like to do forced air in my attached garage, but will likely have to put it off for another year. I'm not even sure what to budget for something like that.
    I've got some quotes ranging from $3k to $5k. Every install is different and just for budgetary reasons id get a few estimates. They are always free and at least you get an idea.

Going to go with my brother in law, gas fitter and getting everything at cost as long as I help him install two other heaters. Will update whenever it goes in

My Ride
    changes every year

does anyone know what the code is for venting? I'm trying to find an up to date information on this? is it stainless that's code now?

My Ride
    02 RSX

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    does anyone know what the code is for venting? I'm trying to find an up to date information on this? is it stainless that's code now?
    I would like to know this as well, and the code/rules for b vent

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

When I did mine a couple years ago, stainless was only required if you were venting horizontally. Vertical vent (through the roof) didn't need to be stainless. I haven't heard anything about that changing, but I suppose it's entirely possible.

Originally posted by interlude

I put a pretty big heater (I forgot the BTU). But my garage is 31x20 and 14' to the ceiling. This heater keeps my entire garage warm and my bill does not go up by much.
    The air temperature will be significantly warmer at the 14' level as opposed to the work height.

A ceiling fan takes little to no power, will reduce gas consumption by about 30%, and make the environment more comfortable to work in.

Which direction should the fan be running?

Edit:

Last edited by mix123; 10-14-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Pm me if you require a garage heater. I am too busy at the moment, but I have a couple colleagues I would recommend for you.