Quantcast
RDR...2? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RDR...2?

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Default RDR...2?

Rockstar Games just posted 2 pictures
    on their twitter page and changed their headline picture, going to assume it's a new iteration of the Red Dead franchise, hopefully not RDRedemption remastered as nice as that would be, I'd rather a new gen installment.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Magnificent 7-esque
    click for larger version

Hopefully more info later in the week, it's about time R* pushed out another game!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

The second image has to hint at a prequel to RDR.

People have pointed out the silhouettes match that of characters introduced in RDR, so a good chance it could be the "Old Gang".

Regardless if it is, or an all new story...just take my money now!

My Ride
    Grimace

Do want. Hopefully PC at launch for once. I am also hoping for a Red Dead Online. Would be great fun like GTAO.

My Ride
    Bicycle

What if they just dial the GTA V map 200 years?

My Ride
    Grimace

Game coming out Fall 2017 on Xbox One and PS4 (No PC). Hopefully it is built with Scorpio in mind. Trailer coming on Thurdsday and it is going to have online similar to GTAO which should be awesome in the setting.

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/

Stupid title though

Red Dead Revolver
    Red Dead Redemption
    Red Dead Redemption 2

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Only Rockstar can get away with releasing 1 game every 4 years and build such ridiculous hype.

I was a little disappointed in GTAV after release support, mainly because I don't have the time or dedication to play online at all, so rumors of it being like GTAO is shitty news for me. I miss the single player story DLC's.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Originally posted by rage2
    I was a little disappointed in GTAV after release support, mainly because I don't have the time or dedication to play online at all, so rumors of it being like GTAO is shitty news for me. I miss the single player story DLC's.
    +1. Online was only fun when you had a big crew of friends on. I loved the online features, but it was too biased to online. It stopped being fun if you wanted to play on your own.

I got into the first RDR more than I thought I would, never played the DLCs though. I'll probably try RDR2.

Can rockstar please release a new midnight club...

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Grimace

Only Rockstar can get away with releasing 1 game every 4 years and build such ridiculous hype.

Don't forget releasing it staggered so that they can get people to buy multiple copies like me on 360 and PC and now this Xbox One then PC.

I do miss the GTAIV and RDR dlc. Both were unique and added to the game in a different way. Online is a way for them to print money so I can see the big push by taketwo to please investors. By last spring GTAO had made $500mm in micro transactions on top of 65mm copies of GTAV sold.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by schocker
    Online is a way for them to print money so I can see the big push by taketwo to please investors. By last spring GTAO had made $500mm in micro transactions on top of 65mm copies of GTAV sold.
    Yea, not to mention 99% profit.

I believe the latest microtransaction numbers is up to $800m now, which is staggering. It's not that single player DLCs doesn't generate revenue, a single story DLC would probably rake in 100m or so of revenue, it's just that there's a high resource cost involved to get there, and it's not even worth their troubles when those resources can be focused on online content (to generate way more microtransaction revenue) or a new game platform (which kickstarts the whole process again). It's hard to focus resources on something that generates say 70% profit vs something that generates 99% profit, so from a business decision it makes sense, from an old video gamer who enjoys the SP aspect of these games, it sucks.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

I feel like Rockstar is one of the few devs that keep an extremely tight NDA environment around anything they make - almost nothing gets leaked outside of their internal ad dept it seems, their big name releases never come out annually like other franchises prompting you to think they want the final product to be epic, which it usually is.

Never bought any of the GTAV DLCs myself just lived off the free stuff, but I had a good experience in GTAO & RDRO with friends. Rockstar open world SP campaigns are always great though, RDRedemption was one of the best stories I've ever played. RDRevolver on the other hand was fun (same with Gun) but far from what the franchise became.

edit: I guess the map was leaked back in April, so nvm about the tight lipped NDA leaks now it's just that RDR 2 is official.

click for larger version

Redone together, looks almost 1.5x bigger than RDR1:

click for larger version
    Last edited by n1zm0; 10-18-2016 at 09:58 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by n1zm0
    Redone together, looks almost 1.5x bigger than RDR1
    That's gonna be long ass horse rides.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

That's gonna be long ass horse rides.
    Wonder if it's set just shortly after RDR1, then maybe ther'll be very first generation Vapids (the Fords of GTAV) . Just because the mission of the RDR1 story, they were all in a Model T looking car driving to find that one guy.

Like this, minus the script modding and Deerfoot speeds

I'd still have no problems riding a horse throughout the map regardless, part of the fun finding crazy stuff in RDR was all on horseback.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Can't wait for a cougar to come up behind me and kill my horse, and then I put RDR2 down for six months
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Grimace

Trailer is up

Graphics look awesome and lots of stuff going on in the towns and animals all over.

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

As much as i loved RDR1... I think rockstar missed the mark on this. They should have had this ready for this fall, or at least early new year.

I feel like a full year from now, xbox1/ps4 systems will be old and beginning to go out the door...

As of right now the trailer doesn't spark any interest from me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Danaldson
    I feel like a full year from now, xbox1/ps4 systems will be old and beginning to go out the door...
    Kinda like how GTAV was released to last gen machines (PS3/X360) even though PS4 and XB1 was out? Remind me how that one did in sales again?

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Danaldson
    As much as i loved RDR1... I think rockstar missed the mark on this. They should have had this ready for this fall, or at least early new year.

As of right now the trailer doesn't spark any interest from me.
    The big 3 consoles have a general lifespan of 6-7 years, just like the previous gen, the more years spent by devs learning a console, the better quality games tend to be.
    From mid-life service to end of term(2018-2020) the games usually get better from the big brands imo. The current gen consoles are no better spec'd than that of a lower mid grade gaming PC, but that doesn't mean it'll be obsolete by next year since Sony and M$ keep the spec bar low for various $$$ making reasons.

In a world of instant gratification nowadays, I think Rockstar is right not to release games annually like some other titles do, allows them to release a product with a lot less bugs on final release I think, plus that hype makes ppl go nuts which = $$$.

For me the first trailer is just as it is, a first trailer, but still you can't help but reminisce of the classic Rockstar open world they do so well. That Kananaskis country looking environment is going to be pretty awesome to run through plus current gen graphics

My Ride
    Horse

Kinda like how GTAV was released to last gen machines (PS3/X360) even though PS4 and XB1 was out? Remind me how that one did in sales again?
    When you time your biggest same so everyone has to buy it twice

Well I guess I have until Fall 2017 to get a next gen console. Maybe by then they'll be cheap haha. This trailer just made me feel sad because I started thinking about the end of the last game.

Originally posted by xnvy
    When you time your biggest same so everyone has to buy it twice

Well I guess I have until Fall 2017 to get a next gen console. Maybe by then they'll be cheap haha.
    Sadly, Scorpio will be launching around this time (Holiday season), so if it isn't launched on that, you will be a gen behind

But on the bright side, there will be lots of XBones on Kijiji

I can see this being another GTA5 where those of us that jump on the next gen, will have to wait (again speculation that it isn't launched for the Scorpio, or compatible, although they say all XBone games will be)
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 10-20-2016 at 01:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast