Quantcast
YYC 5 autox? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: YYC 5 autox?

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Likely your S2000 is in SSM class-wise. Basically the charger puts you there and all the other stuff you mentioned is allowed there. Your interior needs to be intact (seats are ok) incl. carpets since it is a `Street`class.

Your helmet needs to be Snell-approved (DOT approved is not adequate according to our insurance). M2005 or SA2005 or newer. There are a couple of European helmet stds that are also acceptable in case you happen to have one of them (rare) ... There is a list of those acceptable stds in the rules btw.

The club has 4 loaner helmets.

Reijo
    Last edited by reijo; 10-27-2016 at 09:11 AM.
    "I don't look for something; I find something" - Picasso

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by reijo
    Likely your S2000 is in SSM class-wise. Basically the charger puts you there and all the other stuff you mentioned is allowed there. Your interior needs to be intact (seats are ok) incl. carpets since it is a `Street`class.

Your helmet needs to be Snell-approved (DOT approved is not adequate according to our insurance). M2005 or SA2005 or newer. There are a couple of European helmet stds that are also acceptable in case you happen to have one of them (rare) ... There is a list of those acceptable stds in the rules btw.

The club has 4 loaner helmets.

Reijo
    So if I roll up with an M2000 helmet, will I not be allowed to use it? I'm assuming that this is the date of production.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Originally posted by LUDELVR

So if I roll up with an M2000 helmet, will I not be allowed to use it? I'm assuming that this is the date of production.
    That is a 2000 year rating and it is no longer usable for our events ... too old. Date of production can be up to 2005 when the next standard came out ... so it could have been manufactured anytime between about 2000-2005.

Basically it is more than 10 years old ... materials break down over time so it is time to replace it ... even if it appears to be in good condition.

In any case, like I mentioned, we have some loaner helmets if you cannot find another one. It is, of course, more convenient to have your own helmet to use since you may have to share the loaner helmets with others.

Reijo

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by reijo

That is a 2000 year rating and it is no longer usable for our events ... too old. Date of production can be up to 2005 when the next standard came out ... so it could have been manufactured anytime between about 2000-2005.

Basically it is more than 10 years old ... materials break down over time so it is time to replace it ... even if it appears to be in good condition.

In any case, like I mentioned, we have some loaner helmets if you cannot find another one. It is, of course, more convenient to have your own helmet to use since you may have to share the loaner helmets with others.

Reijo
    Gotcha. I just have a massive cranium so hopefully they have a big enough size!

In any case, I'm all registered and I think all I have left is this self-declaration form to fill out.

This is my first event and I'm pretty excited! So is there anything else I need to do?

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    '03 S2000

haha.... cool!

Here`s a link that gives you an introduction to autox from the LA region:

http://solo2.com/newcomerInfo.htm

Just take a look at the novice guide pdf file link there ... lots of good info. There are a few differences in the way we run things since we are not as big but more or less the same.

Also get on the SASC Forum and dig through that. There are some novice materials and video links there for when you are starting out. If you have any questions, you can ask there ... lots of helpful and experienced people on there.

www.sascsolo.com

Reijo

Are spectators allowed?

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Yes, spectators are allowed ... just make sure you sign the waiver at the gate (there should be someone there but just in case).

You gain access to the site from the north along 22nd St NE off of 100 Avenue NE ... which is basically one block north of Airport Trail ... just go north on 19th St. NE and then turn east on 100th Avenue NE.

The actual address of the site is 220 Airport Trail NE but the gate is on 22nd St NE on the north side.

You are also allowed to ride along (waiver signed?) ... just borrow one of the loaner helmets.

Reijo

cool! any costs for spectating

My Ride
    '03 S2000

No cost for spectating ... just sign the general waiver ...

I should also point out that open face helmets with snell rating are perfectly fine. That's exactly what I run. Mopac has them at a great price.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by zieg
    I should also point out that open face helmets with snell rating are perfectly fine. That's exactly what I run. Mopac has them at a great price.
    I'm picking up a used motocross helmet and this is what is on it: Snell approved M2010

This should be fine too yes?

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Yup.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    DC2

Can anyone give me an idea of how loud would get me kicked out. I know the decibel but I have know way to check. If someone has a good comparison that would be great.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Originally posted by Errol.
    Can anyone give me an idea of how loud would get me kicked out. I know the decibel but I have know way to check. If someone has a good comparison that would be great.
    Are you driving the AP1?

I have an Invidia cat-back single exhaust with stock cat on my AP1, and when I take the rear "cap" off the sound meter typically reads about 92.5-92.6 db depending on atmospheric conditions ... so just about bang on. Air box is stock.

R

dv/dt

My Ride
    Honda S2000

That's today. Sunday is looking great, with a high of 10 degrees. I expect a bit of wet ground in the morning, with things drying out and being great for the afternoon. Bring your race tires! Plus winter clothing of course
    The best part of life isn't around the corner. It IS the corner.

Heh yeah I know, I'm just whining. :p
    Race tires conveniently already on the car since I couldn't trouble myself to swap.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

For us newbs can we get away with numbering our cars with painters tape this time?

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Originally posted by v2kai
    For us newbs can we get away with numbering our cars with painters tape this time?
    Yep. Usually we have some on-site as well. If you bring your own, you can save yourself a little bit of time, of course.

When you put them on, (yeah, there's even rules for numbers and classes! They need to be visible. ). Basically the number should be on either side of the car (not on windows btw), 1" stroke and 8" (200 mm) high minimum. Class lettering can be 4" high as a min.

So if you have thin painters' tape it might even be an idea of making it double wide to make the numbers/letters more readable by corner workers.

Reijo

My Ride
    Anything topless.

I'm starting to I worry about the sound level allowance! I feel like my car sounds like an open header V8!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast