Quantcast
YYC 5 autox? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: YYC 5 autox?

93 is pretty effing loud. Have only seen a couple vehicles end up being over..
    dv/dt

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Originally posted by LUDELVR
    I'm starting to I worry about the sound level allowance! I feel like my car sounds like an open header V8!
    only do half throttle

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

A stock Mustang GT-350 blows over but they are damn loud.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

This is a Halloween event right? No costume no run?

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by v2kai
    This is a Halloween event right? No costume no run?
    You dressing up as the Stig? Haha and im totally confused nsiferint doing half throttle!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Course is set up and it is looking quick and flows well ... should be fun!

See u tomorrow!

Reijo
    "I don't look for something; I find something" - Picasso

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Was nice meeting everyone today and thanks for some awesome ride alongs. Really well put together event.

Obviously my day didn't end as expected. Hopefully I was the only incident and the rest of the day went smoothly. Reijo if you need any info from me just shoot me a PM. Decided to call it quits early to get a head start on the accident report and sourcing parts for repairs.

Here's a quick compilation of my rookie driving and subsequent date with the fence.

From what I can see in that fourth run, when I redlined 2nd and shifted the car's weight to get around the next pylon I lost traction in the rear, started rotating and then the rest is history. If I'd hammered on the brakes harder right away instead of hoping the tires would catch for that split second I wonder if the outcome would have been different. Definitely did exactly what youre not supposed to do and fixated on where I didnt want to go...

My Ride
    Honda S2000

Do you have the OEM front swaybar? If so, you are driving an accident waiting to happen. An S2000 with a big swaybar in the front and some adjustable shocks is a completely docile car -- fun to drive and gives no surprises. Looks like yours is just waiting to snap oversteer on you.
    The best part of life isn't around the corner. It IS the corner.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Was nice meeting everyone today and thanks for some awesome ride alongs. Really well put together event.

Obviously my day didn't end as expected. Hopefully I was the only incident and the rest of the day went smoothly. Reijo if you need any info from me just shoot me a PM. Decided to call it quits early to get a head start on the accident report and sourcing parts for repairs.

Here's a quick compilation of my rookie driving and subsequent date with the fence.

From what I can see in that fourth run, when I redlined 2nd and shifted the car's weight to get around the next pylon I lost traction in the rear, started rotating and then the rest is history. If I'd hammered on the brakes harder right away instead of hoping the tires would catch for that split second I wonder if the outcome would have been different. Definitely did exactly what youre not supposed to do and fixated on where I didnt want to go...

I think you generally kept the lines clean and tight for being 100% noob, compared to most people that go out and just roast the shit out of their tires.

From watching the crash, it seems like you spooked partway through the slalom, lifted the throttle, and induced oversteer. I don't think the 2-pedal-stand would have saved you there at all because the vector was already pointed that way. If anything, a bit more countersteer and getting back on the throttle gently to weight the rear again would maybe help you out of it.

Or maybe that stupid orange Fiesta at 2:40 got you shook.
    Last edited by GTS Jeff; 10-30-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Glad you're ok. Try not to get caught up thinking about how it could have gone differently, infinite possibilities and all. Just learn and move on, and hopefully we'll see you next year.

One comment, you're definitely yanking on the wheel too abruptly, try to smooth out your steering (and throttle/brake) inputs and the car will reward you. Not saying that's what happened in run 4, but I noticed it while watching the other runs in the back field.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    Watching that vid, I think generally kept the lines clean and tight for being 100% noob, compared to most people that go out and just roast the shit out of their tires.

From watching the crash, it seems like you spooked partway through the slalom, lifted the throttle, and induced oversteer. I don't think the 2-pedal-stand would have saved you there at all because the vector was already pointed that way. If anything, a bit more countersteer and getting back on the throttle gently to weight the rear again would maybe help you out of it.

Or maybe that stupid orange Fiesta at 2:40 got you shook.
    That fiesta got everyone shook! I reckon that vette was scared too!!

Doug. Such a shitty day and just before you were going to park it! Great video job though but alas, your monosyllabic utterance says it all in the car!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Unfortunate accident, I agree with above that if you have the stock FSB that probably contributed to the accident.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm definitely going to look into the front sway bar upgrade. Reijo had the same comment as you Murray. Any specific ones other s2kers would recommend?

I aim to be out again in the future, better prepared and hopefully a little wiser for the wear. Got my eye on some spare parts already, fingers crossed they all pan out!

Truth be told it was the fiesta, got me spooked.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by LUDELVR

That fiesta got everyone shook! I reckon that vette was scared too!!

Doug. Such a shitty day and just before you were going to park it! Great video job though but alas, your monosyllabic utterance says it all in the car!
    Sorry I couldn't make this event - what's everybody is referring to about the fiesta?
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-16-2019 at 02:52 PM.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm definitely going to look into the front sway bar upgrade. Reijo had the same comment as you Murray. Any specific ones other s2kers would recommend?

I aim to be out again in the future, better prepared and hopefully a little wiser for the wear. Got my eye on some spare parts already, fingers crossed they all pan out!

Truth be told it was the fiesta, got me spooked.
    Sorry to hear about the incident, good to hear your alright and planning to get the car back together and going again.

When I had my S2K I went with a AKE front sway and was quite happy with it. It was fully adjustable too (uses blades) but I just left it at the stiffest setting. Other ones to consider as well are the Gendron Bar and the Karcepts Bar which are also fully adjustable as well but a little differently than the AKE bar (uses arms vs. blades).

My Ride
    Honda S2000

I recommend the Karcepts bar -- high quality and a good price.

You will want some adjustable shocks to dial out some of the understeer induced by the FSB. Koni single adjustables are what I use.
    The best part of life isn't around the corner. It IS the corner.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I went with the Karcepts bar when I had mine.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

It is the curse of the Orange Fiesta... it shall haunt you in HS forevermore
    I thought that at first but then there was a comment about how "That fiesta got everyone shook! I reckon that vette was scared too!!" so I was just curious if there was a problem?
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Glad to hear you're OK v2kai. Damage doesn't look too bad.

S2K's are a blast to drive, but definitely can be punishing at the limit. Lift throttle at high revs is like pulling the e-brake in that car because of the high amounts of engine braking. Sounded like you got a little bit of wheelspin on power as you started turning left, lifted, and that's it. Don't think there was a whole lot more you could've done once the car rotated out so much. That's purely a guess based on the video alone.

Back when kenny had his S2K and I drove it around a ton, I learnt to never fully lift throttle at high revs when correcting for oversteer, I would counter steer and lift to 1/2 throttle to regain rear traction. A little different than most cars.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast