Quantcast
Looking to Hire - Advanced Data Entry - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Looking to Hire - Advanced Data Entry

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Default Looking to Hire - Advanced Data Entry

Hi guys,

I am looking to hire four new direct reports at my office. Forgive the rather corporate speak; the text below has largely been taken from our "standard" ad, which was designed to both explain as well as appeal to the masses. I've only tweaked it slightly for Beyond.

--------------------

Are you a strong worker who possesses exceptional attention to detail, along with outstanding communication, organizational and analytical skills? Do you want to be part of a team where your opinions matter, and you can make a real difference?

About Us…
    My employer is a provider of process control products to the oil and gas industry.

The Position…
    The eCommerce Product Associate is responsible for entering and proofing product data in a timely and accurate manner. We are seeking an outgoing, team-oriented individual with an analytical mind to read, interpret, assemble, enter and display technical data for the purposes of the representation of process control products on our website. Take everything you know about data entry and turn it upside down, as this position is most certainly not a “monkey can do it” affair.

We provide a relaxed, outgoing and fun environment in return for your commitment to learn and grow with us. And fully paid medical benefits, free breakfast, free parking and a games room with a beer fridge? Yeah, we have that too.

Required Skills
    - Exceptional data management and information processing abilities
    - Capability to understand directives and execute work
    - Comfortable with using web browsers and web-based software
    - Strong typing speed with accuracy paramount
    - Experience with Microsoft Office
    - Ability to perform repetitive tasks
    - Detail-oriented and quality-conscious
    - Willingness and an aptitude for learning

Recommended Skills
    - Experience with Microsoft Dynamic CRM or other data management suites
    - Knowledge of process control equipment
    - Understanding of website navigation and product display best practices

Job Responsibilities
    - Confirms accuracy of data
    - Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered
    - Compiles information from various sources to create a single, clear product presentation
    - Works collaboratively within the team for the purposes of website and product display improvement
    - Reviews and makes necessary corrections to information entered
    - Maintains confidentiality
    - Perform other job related duties as assigned

Applicants must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or have valid working visa to apply for this position. We thank all applicants for their submissions, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email or phone to confirm a convenient time for a brief initial interview.

--------------------------------------

Here's an insert to our canned ad that I'll add for Beyond:

To apply, submit your covering letter & resume (in PDF format), and at least two contactable references to Jeff Kloubek – eCommerce Catalog Manager.
    [email protected]. Please don't PM me on Beyond, as I would prefer to keep any business contacts separate.

It is vitally important that any potential candidates are willing to stick around for at least a year or two minimum. There is a training period of at least a couple of months, and I don't wish to train new hires over and over again. So if you are just waiting for the economy recover, then you intend to leave in favour of an oil and gas position elsewhere, please save us both the trouble and don't apply.

I will also come right out and say this job starts at just over $17 per hour, and while I cannot provide any guarantees yet, it is anticipated that any new hires will also have the opportunity to compete for higher/alternate positions inside 1-2 year's time as this project continues to grow.

Finally, I will also add that I have had a fair amount of experience in the work force, and have had my fair share of being frustrated by corporate bs and not giving a crap about employees in favour of the almighty dollar. This is a family-owned company which legitimately cares about it's employees, and I'm a very reasonable manager to work for. The draw of these available positions is actually the company itself, the perks/benefits, and the environment (including working with the great people on my team) as opposed to the work itself - which, quite honestly, can be a little dry. As far as the environment goes - you must be open-minded and not uptight. There can be a lot of colourful language, and I encourage my team to have discussions and state their opinions about darn near anything.

This job is not for everyone, but should be an excellent fit for the right candidates. If you know someone who might fit the bill, feel free to forward them this information outside of Beyond.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Thanks for the applications. These positions have now been filled.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Hi all. I have one more newly opened position to work on my team, so this offer is back open again. Will post when it has been filled.

Again, I must stress that I need someone with a good worth ethic who is willing to stick around for at least a year or two.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Thanks Beyond. Position has now been closed.