Quantcast
4 day vacation - where do you go? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4 day vacation - where do you go?

My Ride
    Hybrid

Vegas, NYC, or Chicago

Let Google help you decide www.google.ca/flights (click Places > North America) - It'll show you flight prices and things to do.

Originally posted by Manhattan
    ^That's where I went and it wasn't particularly memorable. Just a big skating rink surrounded by big name American department stores. It could've been a scene from any large American/Canadian city.
    I preferred wandering around Golden Gate Park, Mission, even Chinatown over downtown.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Downtown LA is a dump. Go to the surrounding areas.

San Francisco is cool around the other districts as well.

Downtown LA is loads of fun (motherfucking amazing restaurants), but not worth going to deliberately.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Last 4 day trip to LA was:

2 nights in Beverley Hills, eat and drink like a rockstar with a day ripping up the coast to Malibu and through the canyons on a Ducati

2 nights in La Jolla, surfing and other beach whatnots

Took the pch down to SD... took like 6hrs but to fly out we took the freeway and it was only 1.5hrs... very easy drive

Have also done Palm Springs from LA, only a couple hour drive... as long as you don't take the wrong freeway exit and drive back to the airport via south central

My Ride
    97 6.5 Turbo Diesel Silverado

Default 4 day trip

I'll be taking the GF to New Orleans for 4 days/nights.

I never really considered but so many people have been talking about it lately and I've heard the food/music/atmosphere is pretty cool. Lots to do and see as well plus transit takes you pretty much anywhere...

Price wasn't bad either for flight and hotel.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

^^my parents keep doing short trips down there lately... looks like it has replaced their old Vegas getaways. They seem to enjoy it

My Ride
    97 6.5 Turbo Diesel Silverado

Good to know! Thanks!!

Originally posted by ercchry
    ^^my parents keep doing short trips down there lately... looks like it has replaced their old Vegas getaways. They seem to enjoy it

My Ride
    LNF

So is a 4 day vacation enough time for some of these destinations (specifically NYC)? Been thinking of doing a potential NYC trip for a Christmas present for the GF and I. But she is in school so 5ish days would be max I think we could do. And booking over Christmas time is too expensive to justify.

NYC with no kids would be a damn good time. If its just you and your gf 4 days could be do able but depending on how many tourist spots you want to fit in it it might be a busy 4 days.

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Been to SF on a one day layover. Downtown SF wasn't particularly interesting for me. Was I in the wrong area? I know downtown LA is mostly a dump. Is SF the same kinda thing?
    Depends on what you like to do but SF was a fun place for us. Only complaint would be the wild weather in the summer and the dumpiness of the entire city. Didnt matter where you went there were always crackers. Still recommend it though lol

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

You don't have to drink or gamble in Vegas. I haven't gambled at all and I don't drink a ton anymore. The entertainment is good! Lots to do, 4 days would be perfect if you haven't been before.

Cabo is great, might be a bit more travel time than you'd like for a 4 day trip though?

Seattle and San Fran would be good choices.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Rocket1k78
    Depends on what you like to do but SF was a fun place for us. Only complaint would be the wild weather in the summer and the dumpiness of the entire city. Didnt matter where you went there were always crackers. Still recommend it though lol
    Agreed, I dont understand the people complaining about San Fran not being fun.

It is an extremely old City so the buildings are older yes and there are homeless people (I didn't feel like it was much worse then here) and the weather isn't always hot (its usually cooler).

The food was amazing and there is so much to do there (Alcatraz, baseball game, Golden Gate bridge, the Warf). In fact we were there for 6 days, 4 days would have been perfect.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Travelling is all about what you make of it... there really are not many "bad" destinations.... but there are poorly planned trips.

4 or 5 day getaways are perfect for activity packed trips, 2-3week trips imho are more of an unwinding relaxation type of trip (unless you are hitting multiple destinations)

Just figure out a list of things you want to do, then pick a place that offers them or maybe a place that you grab a seat sale to

Last winter we booked Hawaii a couple times just cause the round trip was under $500... first trip was literally just surfing and eating, and it was awesome!

Surprisingly no one has mentioned Austin yet... that's on my list for a quick trip. Have a buddy who just moved down there too so makes it even more tempting. Hot rods, foodie scene, live music everywhere, and they even host the x-games... trip writes itself for me

If you like seafood SF is the place for you.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by suntan
    If you like seafood SF is the place for you.
    East Coast seafood > West Coast seafood.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Lariat

Get out to vancouver island and hit up Tofino. Get some surf days in, also some great restaurants and just a cool place to relax for a few days.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Originally posted by rage2

East Coast seafood > West Coast seafood.
    Any coast seafood > Calgary slop.

New Orleans. I've been to Vegas several times, and definitely a fun place, but I would choose New Orleans over Vegas any day.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Clever
    New Orleans. I've been to Vegas several times, and definitely a fun place, but I would choose New Orleans over Vegas any day.
    we are really leaning towards Vegas.

NO interests me a lot though as I know the street food there would rock, but I also know it is the kind of food Baygirl wouldn't touch, so while fun for me, not so much for her.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikerS

we are really leaning towards Vegas.

NO interests me a lot though as I know the street food there would rock, but I also know it is the kind of food Baygirl wouldn't touch, so while fun for me, not so much for her.
    Probably cheaper to fly to Vegas anyway and still so much to see and do. I enjoyed New Orleans because it was gritty and yet it still had so much culture. So much food options as well so hopefully that does not deter you from going in the future.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Denver.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast