Quantcast
FitBit Users MEGA THREAD, Discuss tips, tricks, achievements and competitions here. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: FitBit Users MEGA THREAD, Discuss tips, tricks, achievements and competitions here.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default FitBit Users MEGA THREAD, Discuss tips, tricks, achievements and competitions here.

So, we have the "what activity monitor to buy" thread, but nothing for those folks who are out there fitbittin' up a storm. Thought it might be nice for those of us who are using these to have one place to chat.

One of the benefits of being underemployed these days is that I'm getting a lot of steps in. Decided to go for stairs yesterday. Got myself 229 flights. Was a little cheesed to find out that after getting new achievements every 25 flights, after 200, the next one is 300.
    Did decide that when going for flights, you need a "Goldilocks" kind of route. too steep and you'll get tired way too early. I ended up doing two different approaches to nose hill. One from the Rona on Edmonton trail, which is a good hike. Another from the bottom of the 14th street hill at Northmount Drive. I think that one is more efficient.

I do use it to track weight, as I have been working on shedding a few pounds over the last six months. Down 17 pounds.

My badges:
    Castle (200 floors in a day)
    Trail Shoe: 30,000 steps in a day (multiple times)
    Italy (1184 lifetime KMs)
    Hot Air balloon (2000 lifetime floors)

Who else is loving the fitbit life?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I see I have tapped into a huge demand for this topic....
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

lol

I haven't worn mine in a long time, don't even know where it is. I did like being able to add friends so you could try to outdo each other etc. Now that I have the Apple watch it does all that but I don't even wear that.

If you guys start adding each other thing to see how others are doing and motivate yourselves then I may be able to find my fitbit and start using it again. lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I got added into a group of chicks who had a pretty constant rotation of challenges every week. My goal was to beat them often enough, and by a large enough margin that they would stop inviting me. I achieved my goal, haven't heard from them for a while.

In my current workweek challenge with some buddies, since I'm "underemployed" I spent nearly the entire day monday walking around. Logged 33,000 steps that day, which was enough to annoy all my friends who are working desk jobs.

I actually just like to piss people off. That's probably not a healthy attitude . . . but healthy in it's own way, ya know?

My Ride
    This and that.

Okay yea I can see why I wouldn't like you on my friend list. You'd just constantly make me feel like shit for the lack of activity compared to yours.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So I measured it one day, and this is what I think is my best "not too steep" hill climbing route
    Starting from the little ceasars parking lot on Northmount drive and Cambrian drive, walk stright up 14th street until you are adjacent to the nose hill parking lot. It's only 1665 steps and 24 minutes, but it gains you 32 floors. It's nice that it's not super steep, so you don't get winded or anything. It's also fully streetlit, so if you like to walk at night, this is a decent option.

You can gain more floors by getting to the west side of the road and climbing up into nose hill park, but I think if you were doing multiple laps, that would be less efficient. Nice walk on a warm day though.

I've been thinking that I should park a couple of bikes in that parking lot, and then use them to ride down to the bottom of the hill so I can save time and get more floors in a day. Trying to talk a couple buddies into a stair climbing challenge day.

Anyone have a favourite hills for walking? I have a couple days in the mountains planned too, so stuff around banff or canmore would work.

My Ride
    Subaru WRX

I got one of these for my pops for father's day this year. He regularly passes 20,000 but out in the burb's we don't have hills...

For hills, I like 10th Street NW, between Cambrian Drive and 40th Ave, square off the loop down 40th past the 7-11 if you want and hoof it back up 4th Street

I think we had a thread here a while back. I added a couple of beyoneders but I think they've all dropped off.

I'm using mine more for tracking calories and heart rate at the moment than just pure step accumulation.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    I got added into a group of chicks who had a pretty constant rotation of challenges every week.
    Pics of these "chicks".
    Mostly, after pics through. Pre-fit bit I don't wanna see.

It's for research. See if fitbit is working.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've done that research sir. A couple of them are skinny, but none of them are hot.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone have tips for replacement or repair of the band on a charge HR model? Seems to be a common issue, sucks to have to buy a brand new fitbit for a costmetic issue with the band.

My Ride
    Grimace

Anyone have tips for replacement or repair of the band on a charge HR model? Seems to be a common issue, sucks to have to buy a brand new fitbit for a costmetic issue with the band.
    What you do is buy a Charge 2 from what I have seen.
    I have the gear fit 2 and it has a replaceable band......but the bands can not be bought through any store or even samsung themselves so I am looking at a charge 2 now

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea my solution was to buy my wife an apple watch.

Problem solved.

Everyone I know with a charge HR has broken it at some point, seems like fitbit has gone way downhill in quality. Actually i think everyone in know with a fitbit in general has had it break at least once, i think they are usually good about replacing them though which gives you an idea of their margins on the hardware...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Update on this Fitbit is really good with warranty. Just do an online chat with them, they'll use your account data to verify your device info, and send you a brand new device free of charge. Got new ones for both my wife and myself this way.
    Wifes was "device only" and shipped in an envelope. Mine came in full retail packaging and was shipped courier.

Very happy with that service. Currently setting up the new device. Will probably keep the old one around and use it for camping or other occasions where I'm more likely to damage it. No risk now.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Just a small update, you can't have two of the same device on the same account. So I can't have two Charge HR linked at the same time. Oh well, no biggie.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

My boss has a Charge HR and his strap started coming apart. He called and they shipped him a new one. Kept the old one, glued it and gave it to a family member. Decent service.

I drowned my Charge HR in the Sea of Cortez, so now I have the Charge 2.

My Charge 2 band started coming apart on the weekend and i returned it for a full refund to sport chek after 73 days. The product has some quirks and the quality is a bit lacking but the customer support is spot on!

Unfortunately i have lost interest in it and find there is no noticeable improvement to my fitness journey. Im going to give android wear a shot instead.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I really need those challenges with my bros to stay motivated. If any of the beyond crew want to do challenges with me, send me a PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

This thread made me want to get into it again so I just picked up a Fitbit Charge 2. Hopefully it'll help me get back on track and stay motivated this time.

For those with issues and end up getting replacements, did you guys need your receipts? I picked mine up from Kijiji so no receipt but the quality control issues are a bit troublesome.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Shak, when my band broke I just emailed them and they dealt with it. May be strange if your email doesn't match the original if it was previously used, but if not you should be ok.

I actually fixed mine up with a new band (I sold the replacement they sent)and have been using it again pretty often.

Badges:
    35,000 step day
    India (3213 km)
    Rainbow (700 stories)
    Shooting Star (20,000 floors)
    Trail shoe (30,000) - 5 times

I don't trust the floors as it's done by pressure. With our winds here, I get lots and lots of phantom floors while working. I avg ~15k a day, 90k the last 7 days

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast