Quantcast
some random guy keeps using my email address to sign up for shit - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: some random guy keeps using my email address to sign up for shit

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Question some random guy keeps using my email address to sign up for shit

So this happens occasionally but has recently upticked - some fucking random from golden, colorado started using my email address everytime hes asked for it. He recently bought a new chevy and put down his email address as [email protected] which is not his fucking email address.

As we all know gmail does not care about the . in your address so my email is [email protected] but i also get everything with the [email protected] as well.

So anyway I keep getting reminders about a survey about his new car purchase - decided I would go and say it was a shitty dealership blah blah.

Anyway end of the survey: I now have his firstname, lastname, address, apt number, phone number etc.

I was thinking of sending him an anonymous text message saying hi me of blah blah address, blah blah apt, golden colorado - stop using my email address please.

Although people in the states get fucking paranoid about this so not sure if its a good idea or not.

My Ride
    Silverado

doooooo it. all he knows is your name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Wait, you have his first name, last name, home address and phone number? That's even better. You can sign him up for all kinds of fucked up shit that will show up at his place now. Who cares about email? You can filter that stuff. You won.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Wait, you have his first name, last name, home address and phone number? That's even better. You can sign him up for all kinds of fucked up shit that will show up at his place now. Who cares about email? You can filter that stuff. You won.

This...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Wait, you left out one important piece of info. Does his name resemble yours in any way? Maybe he doesn't know the harm he is doing?

I had to stop using an email address because I would get a million emails all meant for other people. The spam lists I ended up on were horrendous.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

yes he has the exact same name as me.

Although from what i can tell he seems normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Before you make his life miserable, I would call him and let him know you've been receiving his email. Assuming he is apologetic, etc, no big deal. If he tells you to pound sand, THEN you make his life miserable.

Now we are fighting over email addresses? You don't own it, you have borrowed it, you know that... right? The "offender" is not going to be loving the idea that you have access to his personal information and would be seeking a solution. It appears he is confused as to his email address and has accidently been using your address. I'd also assume the Chevy buyer is not web savvy and might just be the age of your grandfather. Ask anyone over the age of 65 for their email address, they have to think about it for ten seconds and end up jamming up a few your way.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

He's 33 I found him on face book. Looks like your typical dumbass to me
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Minimalist
    I'd also assume the Chevy buyer is not web savvy and might just be the age of your grandfather. Ask anyone over the age of 65 for their email address, they have to think about it for ten seconds and end up jamming up a few your way.

https://www.fmylife.com/work/21599038

Hey wait a tick... I just got an email for a GM post purchase survey with my name also. Maybe it's just a random phishing scam.

the only solution here, is to break into the guys house, and have him wake up with his dick in your mouth. as it happens, you simply ask .... " gonna stop using my email? "

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by phreezee
    Hey wait a tick... I just got an email for a GM post purchase survey with my name also. Maybe it's just a random phishing scam.
    perhaps but I also got another email asking me to confirm my new account with hilton. I did confirm it and changed password - im hoping if this is a different doppleganger that he racks up lots of points so I can use the points when i next have to stay somewhere

Default Re: some random guy keeps using my email address to sign up for shit

Originally posted by nzwasp
    So this happens occasionally but has recently upticked - some fucking random from golden, colorado started using my email address everytime hes asked for it. He recently bought a new chevy and put down his email address as [email protected] which is not his fucking email address.

As we all know gmail does not care about the . in your address so my email is [email protected] but i also get everything with the [email protected] as well.

So anyway I keep getting reminders about a survey about his new car purchase - decided I would go and say it was a shitty dealership blah blah.

Anyway end of the survey: I now have his firstname, lastname, address, apt number, phone number etc.

I was thinking of sending him an anonymous text message saying hi me of blah blah address, blah blah apt, golden colorado - stop using my email address please.

Although people in the states get fucking paranoid about this so not sure if its a good idea or not.
    Exact same thing happened to me! Some guy down in California with the same name is me. Idiot guy even gave the wrong address to his mom and sister, so I get their flight itinerary and other random e-mails from them.

I messaged him on Facebook and told him but he didn't seem to care. I shut down the social media accounts he signed up with, using my e-mail.

My GF has the same problem with some old lady who does the same thing with her email address, I doubt it's intentional. The annoying part is no matter how many times we have tried to contact her and tell her it's not her email address, it does nothing haha. We've emailed her friends, family, etc.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Same thing happens to me, I have lastnamefirstinitial@gmail as a secondary account, and from what I can tell there are at least 3-4 random idiots with the same surname and first initial, who don't know their email address. I occasionally reply to people with a nice 'can you tell x this is not their email address, thx'.

It's little more than an annoyance for me and they're probably not the brightest bulbs in the bunch anyways so I don't grief them too bad. I just want them to stop using my email so I can someday move away from my shaw email.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Happened to me a few times...I get a monthly invoice from a US cell provider.

The guys name is David Blend...my email is eblend....so I thought he fat fingered an e for a d...email dblend....he got back to me...nope not him haha, so no idea. I just delete the emails.

I am confused.

My email is [email protected] and I don't get any emails about anything.

Except some sorry guy who is trying to become an apprentice in Australia/NZ and I get an email every 3 months from his university.

This reminds me of the podcast from This American Life:

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...ains-log?act=1

About a guy in Calgary who screws with a cookie company.
    Last edited by lasimmon; 10-28-2016 at 02:52 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I had debt collection calls and UPS pick up calls and what not for the same guy over and over for about 2 years. Fuck it was annoying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast