Quantcast
Coquitlam RCMP investigating after 2 seniors dragged. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Coquitlam RCMP investigating after 2 seniors dragged.

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by Xtrema

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Offenders_Act

As much as I like say, f them. I start to see degeneration of all my parents and their siblings that they are pretty kids these days.

Just an observation, don't really have an answer.
    sometimes you sound extra foreign..

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

sometimes you sound extra foreign..
    Grammar corrected

My Ride
    2005 F350

Originally posted by rx7boi

We're all so glad you were able to decipher that from simply questioning if it was reasonable, professional, or ethical to use that amount of force on an 80 year old.

I guess everyone else here that doesn't agree with the way they handled it are millennials that don't respect cops right?

Come to think of it, I guess it'd be okay to you guys if they did the same to a 90 year old too because apparently 80 year olds are built like teenagers.
    I'm not the one that thinks they should get special treatment because they were able to live longer.

where do we draw the line? how many times does a police officer have to ask you to do something before you must comply? 2? 5? 10? do they need to call a psychiatrist to evaluate your mental health before they are allowed to act?

or should they call these peoples families and wait for them to show up and ask the old fucks to leave?

I saw that one person suggested that they should have called an ambulance so that the paramedics could put them onto a gurney and carry them out... that is a great use of our resources!

the language barrier was obviously not an issue in this instance. the issue is that the old people refused to leave after being asked numerous times but the people holding the meeting which required them to call the cops.

if you're old and frail, resisting cops is the last thing you should be doing.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Silverado

I remember way back in the day a guy getting punched in the face because his girlfriend was being a total bitch. Would something like that be more appropriate?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I see nothing wrong with this.

Do some cops use excessive force? Yes. Is that acceptable? No.

Was this excessive? No. If the cops tell you to leave, you leave. If you have a problem with it, submit an official complaint. It isn't like they were beating on them, and even if they were - perhaps even that could be justified because they were not compliant.

The cops have enough negativity to deal with in their daily tasks, along with increasing negative public opinion about the police in general. The media is doing them no favours.

My Ride
    NC1

lol idiots. probably deserved it
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Don't know that the people asking them to leave had anywhere near the authority to even call the police.

So they wanted to make sure that their vote and everyone elses vote on a condo association was being properly counted. Umm, yeah - so what if there was some form of tampering? Then the people being pushed down the stairs are in the right and the people calling the police are in the wrong. Regardless, its not possible to make that determination at spot of moment.

Trump says that Hillarys voters are not being honest, exactly vice - versa. Does that mean you throw either Trump or Hillary down the stairs because the first guy to get to the phone paints the story in one direction?

With the police so quick to eject one side, did they indeed have the time to open the ballot box and change the vote? Could and does happen all the time in rigged votes. Many politicians use military, natural disasters, police, fire and ambulance as distractions to voterig.

On a side note: Rob Anders was notorious for this, he would use distraction noodles to destroy opponents. Delay paperwork, pull fire alarms, smear dog poop on other peoples legal documents, just long enough to make sure that they would be invalid on some legal technicality, usually a time limit (I'm not sure he ever called police or ambulances on anyone, but would not be surprised)

The Asian couple should have phoned the police on the others and then took the voting box for themselves. Save it for next time I guess.

From what I can tell, the elderly couple simply wanted to visually watch the votes being counted - as is their right in these types of condo meetings.

I'm pretty sure the police will figure out in less than a day that they were being "used as a distraction noodle". And unfortunately for them, legally speaking usually "accounts are settled at the end of the day" or "voting is settled at the end of the day" regardless of any misunderstandings like a voter note being able to submit their vote because it was covered in dog poop.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-01-2016 at 07:58 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ no, the police were there for (presumably) a refuse to leave, which is a criminal offense (trespass/summary conviction).

The event was private and the hosts can ask anyone to leave at any time.

What happened inside the event, is a civil matter (non police).
    Last edited by revelations; 11-01-2016 at 09:17 PM.

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

There's such a thing called proportionality. Dragging old people down stairs sure as fuck isn't proportional. Whether the police were entitled to expel them out or not, what they SHOULD have done is waited until they had more people, and carry them out. You know, You can't drag people out like a fuckin' sack of potatoes. People can get seriously hurt by having their head banging against shit. Old people are especially vulnerable.

I wish that the only people that would qualify for becoming Police Officers were those with PHDs in Psychology. I would love an increase of taxes to cover for this. Hiring steroided out high school football players is not really the way to go anymore in 2017.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I don't. Anyone in a psychology related field tends to be a fucking retard.

I would much rather have a strong police force that can do its job, then a bunch of whiny pricks with no balls letting people know about trigger warnings.

Originally posted by Majestic12
    There's such a thing called proportionality. Dragging old people down stairs sure as fuck isn't proportional. Whether the police were entitled to expel them out or not, what they SHOULD have done is waited until they had more people, and carry them out. You know, You can't drag people out like a fuckin' sack of potatoes. People can get seriously hurt by having their head banging against shit. Old people are especially vulnerable.
    agreed

Originally posted by BigMass
    I wish that the only people that would qualify for becoming Police Officers were those with PHDs in Psychology. I would love an increase of taxes to cover for this. Hiring steroided out high school football players is not really the way to go anymore in 2017.
    agreed. in concept, but then we would have 5 cops instead of 5000.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Originally posted by Majestic12
    yeah, you can drag idiots out like a sack of potatoes. don't want to get hurt? walk out like an adult when asked, numerous fucking times.

I see 3 officers had responded to the call. how much more public resources do you think should be required for a call of this magnitude? 6 cops? 10? for a trespass/public nuisance call? talk about proportionality...

the public always talks about what the cops SHOULD have done. keyboard heroes that have all the answers and watch too many fucking movies.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by SOAB

yeah, you can drag idiots out like a sack of potatoes. don't want to get hurt? walk out like an adult when asked, numerous fucking times.

I see 3 officers had responded to the call. how much more public resources do you think should be required for a call of this magnitude? 6 cops? 10? for a trespass/public nuisance call? talk about proportionality...

the public always talks about what the cops SHOULD have done. keyboard heroes that have all the answers and watch too many fucking movies.
    This exactly. I am actually quite floored that anybody would actually think that if someone refuses to cooperate that it is the responsibility of the police to bend as a result.

This is called personal responsibility. Cause and effect. This society has become far too PC and pussified.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by BigMass
    Once you realize the level of intelligence of the average person the Police deal with on a regular basis, you will realize that any Psyc degrees Phd etc. are completely wasted.

I used to serve with members who had degrees in these and it wasn't any different for them.

Dealing with people with a <80 IQ score usually means logic and basic intelligence is lost.
    Last edited by revelations; 11-03-2016 at 03:09 PM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Tone it down there, cowboy. Seems to me you're just as entitled to your opinion as others are theirs.

You came into this thread swinging, using childish rhetoric like "you must be a millenial" in order to undermine opinions

Maybe you don't think 80 years is that old or maybe you don't even really give a shit. Judging by how you've responded, you'd probably say the same thing if it was a 95 year old except you've managed to tactfully avoid that assumption.

Guys like you are probably better suited for living in the US. You acknowledge that 3 officers responded to a call yet you can't even fathom a scenario where it doesn't end with dragging him around like a sack of potatoes. You probably wouldn't recognize the difference between discretion and "special treatment" if it hit you in the face. To you, that's just CPS business as usual and it ain't no thang.

Doesn't matter if it's a couple of gangbangers or if it's old folks being difficult as fuck, right?

Y'all get so divisive about these things that you can't even see the grey area. Policing isn't always about being expedient.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Tone it down there, cowboy. Seems to me you're just as entitled to your opinion as others are theirs.

You came into this thread swinging, using childish rhetoric like &quot;you must be a millenial&quot; in order to undermine opinions

Maybe you don't think 80 years is that old or maybe you don't even really give a shit. Judging by how you've responded, you'd probably say the same thing if it was a 95 year old except you've managed to tactfully avoid that assumption.

Guys like you are probably better suited for living in the US. You acknowledge that 3 officers responded to a call yet you can't even fathom a scenario where it doesn't end with dragging him around like a sack of potatoes. You probably wouldn't recognize the difference between discretion and &quot;special treatment&quot; if it hit you in the face. To you, that's just CPS business as usual and it ain't no thang.

Doesn't matter if it's a couple of gangbangers or if it's old folks being difficult as fuck, right?

Y'all get so divisive about these things that you can't even see the grey area. Policing isn't always about being expedient.
    I CAN imagine a scenario where the people don't end up getting dragged out. cops tell you its time to leave, you walk out. done! that wasn't too hard, was it?

don't agree with the decision that the cops are making, get their name and badge number and file a complaint.

it was the decisions of the old people that led to them getting dragged out, not the cops.

for the majority, cops are just normal people. you get what you give. want to be treated with respect and dignity? or with complete disregard for your dignity and self respect? sure, there are a few bad apples but there always are in all walks of life.
    Last edited by SOAB; 11-03-2016 at 02:11 PM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I CAN imagine a scenario where the people don't end up getting dragged out. cops tell you its time to leave, you walk out. done! that wasn't too hard, was it?

don't agree with the decision that the cops are making, get their name and badge number and file a complaint.

it was the decisions of the old people that led to them getting dragged out, not the cops.

I suppose if policing was that easy I guess you'd be doing it too.

My Ride
    2005 F350

I suppose if policing was that easy I guess you'd be doing it too.
    I'm not the one saying that what the cops did was wrong...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast