Quantcast
November's "Post Your Latest Photo" Thread - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: November's "Post Your Latest Photo" Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I love the anamorphic look, especially in video, moving lens flares. The desquish looks a little off tho for some reason.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by rage2
    I love the anamorphic look, especially in video, moving lens flares. The desquish looks a little off tho for some reason.
    It might be because I didn't desquish it correctly. The anamorphic lens is 2x and but I desquished it at 167% since 200% didn't look right to me.

What do you think?

150%, 167%, 200%

looks like similar one to the one i have. I use mine with a 135mm f2. I still havent perfected focusing by some tips on it are:

-try to have main subject centered and not on sides of frame
    -try to pre-focus anamorphic lens first, then focus with your main lens and then fine tune with the anamorphic again

here is few pics with mine

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by kobe tai
    looks like similar one to the one i have. I use mine with a 135mm f2. I still havent perfected focusing by some tips on it are:

-try to have main subject centered and not on sides of frame
    -try to pre-focus anamorphic lens first, then focus with your main lens and then fine tune with the anamorphic again
    Ah, good tip on the focusing. I've been focusing with the taking lens first then the anamorphic but it makes sense to pre-focus now that I think about it.

Are you getting vignetting with the 135mm? With the 85mm I have to crop to 4:5, but it'd be nice if I could have the whole 2:3. I need to find my step up rings before I can use my 135mm.

My Ride
    rally pig

I miss the panoramic look, looks like it might be a fun project with my 100mm lens, what do you recommend for a 1.9x-2x lens?

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

200% looks the best to me out of those. The square "do not turn left" sign looks square.

I want one too! Do they make them with big filter threads and wide elements? I want to use it on my 105/1.4 which is 82mm

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by taemo
    I miss the panoramic look, looks like it might be a fun project with my 100mm lens, what do you recommend for a 1.9x-2x lens?
    Depends on how much you want to spend. I went cheap cause I wasn't sure how much I'd like it so I went with the Isco Ultra-Star Plus Red partly because of the price and partly because of the size and weight. There's a guy out in Victoria that's selling a bunch on eBay so you won't get hit with extra border fees. Schneider Cinelux lenses are also another cheap option.

This guy's got some good reviews:
    http://www.tferradans.com/blog/?page_id=5268

Downside is a lot of these are meant for projectors so there's no front or rear threads so you have to get a separate adapter for that, about $50 USD each.

I ended up spending a few hundred for this experiment after all said and done.

SLR magic makes a threaded version that people really seem to like, but the price ugh.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...l/prm/alsVwDtl

Originally posted by blitz
    200% looks the best to me out of those. The square "do not turn left" sign looks square.
    Yeah what threw me off with the 200% is how wide the Neon looks. I had some other shots where 200% made people look really wide.

Originally posted by blitz
    I want one too! Do they make them with big filter threads and wide elements? I want to use it on my 105/1.4 which is 82mm
    I haven't seen anything that large! I could see you churning out with some really great stuff with one though.

If you guys want to give mine a try, you're free to but I might be playing around with this for a bit haha

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS300

Big Sur, California couple weeks ago:

DSC00357 by dmitri voyevoda, on Flickr

I used the slr magic 1.33x and it's awesome. But pretty penny as well. Had it on my 50mm and could use af through it without any problems. Also had cool flare and was overall sharper than my iscorama. If money no object that would be the ideal one as the projection style anamorphic are just too much pain to use in most cases.

SLR magic:

Last edited by kobe tai; 11-30-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3